Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > ASC News and Announcements
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

JoeFriday is the brain behind the Props Canada fiasco

:

ASC News and Announcements

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 18th, 2009, 19:07   #106
Drunk_Albertan
 
Drunk_Albertan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Calgary, Ab
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaneler View Post
not the point, age verifiers should not AV people who have stolen thousands from the community and who's name is known to the us
When I got AV'd, I was never once asked for ID, I was obviously over 18 so that was all that was needed. I can see how this sliped through the cracks. I ordered from Joe as well. Great service and communication, however, this type of thing can not happen. I have no problems with him but as was said before, had I known, I never would have ordered.

D_A.
Drunk_Albertan is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 19:07   #107
Skruface
 
Skruface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaneler View Post
not the point, age verifiers should not AV people who have stolen thousands from the community and who's name is known to the us
In all likeleyhood he was not AV'd under the name of Greg Auch (the name he went by at the time of PropScam, and yeah, I was a part of that). He was most likely AV'd under the name Greg Tully and had ID in that name (fake or not) - he may have legitimately changed his name, which is why the AV'ers never caught it....alternately, and I hate to bring it up, but perhaps the person who AV'd him didn't do their job right, either. Let me be clear, I'm not making accusations of any premeditated wrongdoing by the AV'er, but they could have been snookered with a fake ID.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
That was a very bad move on your behalf. Sort of like cutting off your foot for money, but not getting the money first and then letting the person with the money run away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post
Liberals rely on emotion. Conservatives rely on evidence, and the Socialists rely on everyone else.
Skruface is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 19:14   #108
Yorkie
 
Yorkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Albertan View Post
When I got AV'd, I was never once asked for ID, I was obviously over 18 so that was all that was needed. I can see how this sliped through the cracks. I ordered from Joe as well. Great service and communication, however, this type of thing can not happen. I have no problems with him but as was said before, had I known, I never would have ordered.

D_A.
+1 on that.

Though I just got my order through today. I just hope that this can be cleared up to everyone's satisfaction.
Yorkie is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 19:30   #109
Bonjour43ma
 
Bonjour43ma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver
I got one gun from him in this current custom order and though not perfect (in terms of time of delivery), he has been great in communciating with me and updating me with the status of my order. Recevied my gun just a few days ago so he seems to be okay in my books.

We shall see how this will unfold...
Bonjour43ma is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 19:55   #110
Capt.Flan
 
Capt.Flan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
I'm mad. I want my gun.

Can we actually sue him or something if he dosen't send them or refund us? Since we are making him import prohibited goods, isn't that... idk... not exactly legal? I don't know, I'm not good with law.
You are pretty much fucked. Buying a prohibited item from someone can put you in trouble if you tell them your situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
"hello, police I have information on somebody importing large quantities of a restricted item for resale amongst the populace, whats that, you'll have an officer at my door in 5 minutes to take down my statement, ok."

Yeah... individual deals ain't important but they do care about big things like this.
Pretty much the only thing they will be interested in. They might investigate on the prohibited item import only. If you say you bought something you might be a part of the investigation yourself...
Capt.Flan is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 19:57   #111
Doombringer
 
Doombringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Petite-Patrie, Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Flan View Post
You are pretty much fucked. Buying a prohibited item from someone can put you in trouble if you tell them your situation.



Pretty much the only thing they will be interested in. They might investigate on the prohibited item import only. If you say you bought something you might be a part of the investigation yourself...
Any sources? Do you know what you are talking about or you are just supposing it works like that?
Doombringer is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 20:13   #112
Jimski
 
Jimski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
it is not true and it doesn't work like that at all.
__________________
Jimski is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 20:42   #113
Doombringer
 
Doombringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Petite-Patrie, Montreal
Cpt.Flan, No offense but please don't spread false information. If you don't know what you are talking about, don't make random assumptions.
Doombringer is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 21:03   #114
Mafioso_Grande
 
Mafioso_Grande's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC
Send a message via MSN to Mafioso_Grande
This account is used by two people. Interesting item: one of us bought something (MP5K) from Serpentor as part of the Props Canada order years ago. It arrived VERY late, but it did eventually get there. Now, I JUST received a RS Type 56 that I ordered from him years later. Of course, had I known who he was (since my brother was nearly burned by him the first time) I would absolutely not have ordered it. To be truthful, though, after the sale, I thought that JoeFriday was a serious, on-the-ball seller with excellent communications. As others have pointed out, maybe he has turned over a new leaf.

Still, that cannot excuse PropScam. If he had repaid all of those other people and come back under his OLD alias and actually CHANGED his old reputation, that would be one thing. But it isn't what happened, and I'm extremely disappointed to learn that I was basically tricked into the purchase that I made from someone I would never have dealt with otherwise, regardless of how it panned out.
Mafioso_Grande is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 22:07   #115
diplobaggins
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_kaos View Post
Yep, me and a friend still have "Electronically submitted" from the 15th.
same here man, im hoping on getting my gun either monday or sometime next week.
diplobaggins is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 22:08   #116
Capt.Flan
 
Capt.Flan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
Cpt.Flan, No offense but please don't spread false information. If you don't know what you are talking about, don't make random assumptions.
You asked because obviously you don't know and then you tell me I don't know what I am talking about!?!? lol

I know for sure.

At least it's the way the RCMP see it.

PM me if you have any questions.


P.S> Now I remember why I did not come here for months...
Capt.Flan is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 22:13   #117
Capt.Flan
 
Capt.Flan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Flan View Post
You asked because obviously you don't know and then you tell me I don't know what I am talking about!?!? lol

I know for sure.

At least it's the way the RCMP see it.

PM me if you have any questions.


P.S> Now I remember why I did not come here for months...
Also... My point was that if you go to the police and ask them to help you to get your prohibited item or the refund chances are you will not get any help. The only thing that will happend ( and now since investigation is involve they make it like they are interested in your person... ) is they will ask you any infos on the person you know that imports prohibited items.

So read this a few times before you debate me on something I did not say.

Thanks you.
Capt.Flan is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 22:47   #118
Lakonian
kos
 
Lakonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wherever.
Woa... Interesting stuff! How very daytime T.V!

Atleast people will get their stuff now.
Lakonian is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 22:59   #119
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Flan View Post
You asked because obviously you don't know and then you tell me I don't know what I am talking about!?!? lol

I know for sure.

At least it's the way the RCMP see it.

PM me if you have any questions.


P.S> Now I remember why I did not come here for months...
I can attest that if the police knows you are buying replicas, because that's what they are, you WILL get in a shit storm IF you give them a reason.

Calling them is one way to get unwanted attention btw.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney View Post
Yes it is hard to find an Instructor that teaches how to Finger, Suck, Squeeze and Blow all at the same time.
Ronan is offline  
Old September 18th, 2009, 23:04   #120
mcguyver
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern Alberta
What about the Mafia-way of dealing with debtors?

They didn't call the cops to report the illegal loans that you didn't repay because you spent it on illegal gambling. They showed up at your door and convinced you it was in your best interests to repay.

However, who's to say that the gun you bought but did not receive was in fact a replica? That's a whole other matter, and has nothing to do with the alleged fraud.
__________________
Age verifier Northern Alberta

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline  
Closed ThreadTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > ASC News and Announcements

Bookmarks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.