Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

JG M4A1 vs. Aftermath Kraken

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 31st, 2009, 18:40   #31
Sawstink
 
Sawstink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
If you read the thread, you would know that the fact that it is black doesn't really matter, because it would stay in the basement as a fart around gun.

And aren't the AK Iron sights easier to use than the M4's?
Sawstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 18:58   #32
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
If ur not gaming it then get the kraken it's a more economical choice
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 19:03   #33
Able1
Joeyaglr444
 
Able1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto Ontario
+1


Bud Im not trying to crush dreams.
im sure stated before, Getting age verified is key Krakens are cool last long and great but there are some really good deals on AKs on the classifieds, who knows you may wanna come out of your basement.
__________________
It's not about the guy who doesn't call his hit. It's about the pants you're wearing and the pants you're team mate is wearing, Is it real multi cam or is it Chinese repro multi cam? I don't know but in the end it's still multicam.
Able1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 19:27   #34
theguy
 
theguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Waterloo, ON.
G&G rec is almost twice the price of a kracken, yes, but! heres why its worth it.

It comes with a pretty decent battery and a charger with an auto shut off feature. Kracken comes with a shit battery and a terrible charger (+/- 100 bucks to replace them with a decent battery and charger)

G&G internals and externals are much higher quality then JG, and much, much, much better then internals of Aftermath. The only issue i have found with G&G internals is the compression parts, they are not the best.


The halfbreed G&G acctually look pretty good, with a mag in from a distance, you can't even tell they aren't full black.

Just IMO, G&G is a much better buy then a aftermath or a JG, even if its just a G&G rec
__________________
Quote:
It's better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 20:52   #35
Sawstink
 
Sawstink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawstink View Post
And the kraken keeps looking better and better to me, I mean, it;s just a basement gun, why drop $300 on it? I really don't think that the Kraken would bust that fast. And even if it did, have been thinking 'why get an AEG for target practice?', bringing the SD 700 (VSR 10) clone into mind
.... So... basically.... ya.

I was stupid and didn't even consider this, but there is no need for an AEG for basement-fun-target shooting.
Sawstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 21:10   #36
SuperCriollo
 
SuperCriollo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Misssissssuassuaguaggauga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawstink View Post
.... So... basically.... ya.

I was stupid and didn't even consider this, but there is no need for an AEG for basement-fun-target shooting.
what about an airgun?
__________________

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 21:12   #37
Sawstink
 
Sawstink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
I was thinking that too, and I already have a couple, but I figure if the time comes that I do want to game it, it would still be possible.
Sawstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 21:16   #38
theguy
 
theguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Waterloo, ON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawstink View Post
I was thinking that too, and I already have a couple, but I figure if the time comes that I do want to game it, it would still be possible.
Its your call, but the G&G will give you many less headaches, plus, it has a warranty.
__________________
Quote:
It's better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 21:39   #39
Diabolic Tyrant
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy View Post
G&G rec is almost twice the price of a kracken, yes, but! heres why its worth it.

It comes with a pretty decent battery and a charger with an auto shut off feature. Kracken comes with a shit battery and a terrible charger (+/- 100 bucks to replace them with a decent battery and charger)

G&G internals and externals are much higher quality then JG, and much, much, much better then internals of Aftermath. The only issue i have found with G&G internals is the compression parts, they are not the best.


The halfbreed G&G acctually look pretty good, with a mag in from a distance, you can't even tell they aren't full black.

Just IMO, G&G is a much better buy then a aftermath or a JG, even if its just a G&G rec
I find your opinion is hard to describe. G&G is a very strong and reliable manufacturer, however their Cansoft versions are the exact opposite of their full blacks, mainly for the fact being they are made of lower quality metals (CAS versions atleast) along with the fact the plastic is very likely to crack/spider. Sure it comes with a warranty but from what ive seen from people that own krakens, they are very happy with them especially with a new body (AK74 front stock/foregrip and AK74 style rear stock) and they seem to be having less lemons (the OD version at least) than G&G and the fact that the Kraken is mostly TM compatible would already make it a 100% selling point for the fact being if i dont like whats on it i can switch it for parts made by quite possibly the best AEG manufacturer out there. Oh another the other part that destroys the G&G RK47 REC is the fact that the kraken is $150-$180 if it breaks you can return it to basspro and they will most likely refund your cash or replace it within 30 days or you can even buy 2 for less than the G&G AK. And as far as JG goes it kicks G&G's ass and hands it back to them gift wrapped with a bow tie on top. The best clone manufacturer that ive seen so far, along with CA (Full metal and wood goodness ^_^ )
Diabolic Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 21:48   #40
theguy
 
theguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Waterloo, ON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic Tyrant View Post
I find your opinion is hard to describe. G&G is a very strong and reliable manufacturer, however their Cansoft versions are the exact opposite of their full blacks, mainly for the fact being they are made of lower quality metals (CAS versions atleast) along with the fact the plastic is very likely to crack/spider. Sure it comes with a warranty but from what ive seen from people that own krakens, they are very happy with them especially with a new body (AK74 front stock/foregrip and AK74 style rear stock) and they seem to be having less lemons (the OD version at least) than G&G and the fact that the Kraken is mostly TM compatible would already make it a 100% selling point for the fact being if i dont like whats on it i can switch it for parts made by quite possibly the best AEG manufacturer out there. Oh another the other part that destroys the G&G RK47 REC is the fact that the kraken is $150-$180 if it breaks you can return it to basspro and they will most likely refund your cash or replace it within 30 days or you can even buy 2 for less than the G&G AK. And as far as JG goes it kicks G&G's ass and hands it back to them gift wrapped with a bow tie on top. The best clone manufacturer that ive seen so far, along with CA (Full metal and wood goodness ^_^ )
Perhaps you heard me wrong.

I am not saying G&G are amazing guns, I'm saying that they are the best semi-clear/clear guns availible.

You seem to be bashing them pretty hard, I am speaking purely through my experience. my JG is a total POS, i guess i got a lemon, but it has been nothing but troubles (full back G36).

A friend of mine has an aftermath, Its really not great, clear lower/green furniture looks like ass, sure, its cheap, but in my experience, it will crap out on you so many time in so many ways, its worth it to just skip the headache and buy something else.

My G&G?
It works great, no issues at all with it, Shoots very well with a shockingly high ROF. The only thing that has broken on it so far is the lower (yea, i will admit this is a weak point in the gun) but i have metal body on the way, so that should solve that problem. Only reason the lower broke in the first place is because i fell on it...long story

When i say my oppinion, i mean my experience. Maybe You are right, and i just got really lucky with my G&G, and really unlucky with my JG, but from what i have seen first hang, G&G>JG
__________________
Quote:
It's better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 23:36   #41
Alphaj1
 
Alphaj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Richmond BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawstink View Post
The next posts were originally seperate, but i figured triple posting would just be suicide


Ok thanks, but would a stock JG gun outlast the Kraken, even with a new gearbox?
Also, I would have no need for metal body and wood because it would just be a basement plinker, maybe it would evolve into a project gun (which I doubt)
And Long_Bong, seeing as I know that you have the Kraken and have worked on it, I guess you would know best

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Ok so from what I know, ordering guns from the US is a big no-no (so is double poting ) But from my undertainding it is ok if the gun is clearly a toy, as to not be seized at customs.

http://www.softairpro.com/airgun_gal...cat=587&page=2

SO, this IS an American site, but it sells the same gun for nearly 100$ less than 007, buyairsoft and... velocityarms I believe. I know different custom officers have different opinions, but becuase this is clear, it should make it through (shouldn't it?)

Say, if you had no access to the classifeds, would you take your chance on it?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Guess what just came into the picture

http://velocityarms.ca/index.php?mai...roducts_id=195

I have to say, I hate the looks on these things, and the size felt to small (I'm 6'2"), but it's JG, and it's cheap
Dude, i just got the DPMS JG rebrand from a canadian site, for a fraction of the price-180 dollars. Dont buy American, clear or not.
Alphaj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 23:41   #42
Sawstink
 
Sawstink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
are you serious? as in not the classifieds? could yo point me in their diriection? because I have chked 007, velocityarms, buyairsoft, and shootsoft

http://www.shootsoft.ca/clearsoft/pr...roducts_id=184

Best price I have seen so far.



And lol, the JG M4 is only $5 more than the Kraken on that site... I guess they overprice the poop, and underprice the... whatever the opposite of poop is.
Sawstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 00:01   #43
Alphaj1
 
Alphaj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Richmond BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawstink View Post
Hmmmmmm..... this will be a head scratcher. $170 Sd700, for target shooting , easy maitenance and very very slight chance of gaming, or the JG, AEG, nott much fun to shoot targets but hey... its an AEG...
http://airgunsource.com/

more specifically,

http://www.businessvision.net/Edge/M...uct&SKU=170903

For 180, you cant beat the price. If you have 350-1500 dollars to blow on a toy then get verified.
Alphaj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 00:05   #44
Sawstink
 
Sawstink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
This site is Canadian? <3 Thanks man lol

And as you can see, $1500 isn't exactly in my airsoft budget, considering that I was considering a Kraken

And since a just spent $6000 on stuff for my band :O
Sawstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 00:08   #45
Alphaj1
 
Alphaj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Richmond BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawstink View Post
This site is Canadian? <3 Thanks man lol

And as you can see, $1500 isn't exactly in my airsoft budget, considering that I was considering a Kraken

And since a just spent $6000 on stuff for my band :O
Canadian my friend-yeah, 1500 would buy me a nice PRS
Alphaj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.