Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Upgraded gearbox= upgraded motor?

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:09   #1
D_WINTERS14
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Upgraded gearbox= upgraded motor?

I am upgrading my gearbox, i have a 9.6 v nun chuck battery 1400mah and a stock motor. Now if i upgrade my gearbox, it'll shoot aprox 50fps more than stock should i buy a high torque motor?
D_WINTERS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:10   #2
skalnok
 
skalnok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: barrie, ontario
im pretty sure upgrading your motor wont increase your fps.. seeing as that is what springs and better compression are for....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt491 View Post
...stalker's gonna kill you....and you wont even see it coming! Hell, he'll kill you and god himself will be going, "Where the hell did that come from!?" CDN_Stalker should just be the new god!
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:14   #3
D_WINTERS14
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalnok View Post
im pretty sure upgrading your motor wont increase your fps.. seeing as that is what springs and better compression are for....
I said i was upgrading my gearbox, with a higher tension spring, so it will increase fps. I just want to know if the motor will be able to keep up with an upgraded gearbox, or should i just buy a new high torque one.

Thanks in advance
D_WINTERS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:16   #4
Mitchell12
vision impaired
 
Mitchell12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: St.John's, NL
It SHOULD still work but there will obviously be a decrease in ROF
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngrySniper View Post
Simultaneous climax makes me warm and fuzzy all over
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:19   #5
skalnok
 
skalnok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: barrie, ontario
my bad, i could have sworn it said motor where it now says gearbox.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt491 View Post
...stalker's gonna kill you....and you wont even see it coming! Hell, he'll kill you and god himself will be going, "Where the hell did that come from!?" CDN_Stalker should just be the new god!
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:26   #6
D_WINTERS14
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalnok View Post
my bad, i could have sworn it said motor where it now says gearbox.
haha yeah i edited it
D_WINTERS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:28   #7
skalnok
 
skalnok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: barrie, ontario
lol that would do it.

also what fps will your gun be shooting when it is upgraded because you said it is going up 50 but you didnt state what it will be firing at when all is done
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt491 View Post
...stalker's gonna kill you....and you wont even see it coming! Hell, he'll kill you and god himself will be going, "Where the hell did that come from!?" CDN_Stalker should just be the new god!
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:31   #8
D_WINTERS14
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell12 View Post
It SHOULD still work but there will obviously be a decrease in ROF
I can fix that with a high mah battery right?
D_WINTERS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:31   #9
D_WINTERS14
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalnok View Post
lol that would do it.

also what fps will your gun be shooting when it is upgraded because you said it is going up 50 but you didnt state what it will be firing at when all is done
Roughly 400 fps with .20's but i'd be using .25 so i'm guessing mmmm 360 ish i'm not too sure
D_WINTERS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:21   #10
chaosnemesis
 
chaosnemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
High mah will only make your gun shoot low rpm for a longer time. To get high ROF you'd need higher voltage like 10.8 or lipo 11.1 but you run the risk of overworking and frying your motor. Short answer... upgrade your motor as well. 400 fps is typically an M120 so you need nigh torque. Stock motor will work, but it'll be like towing a trailer with a Neon.
chaosnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 21:32   #11
D_WINTERS14
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
thanks
D_WINTERS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.