Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What needs to be present at your local airsoft field?

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 11th, 2009, 16:49   #31
.JET
 
.JET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Send a message via MSN to .JET
Like an actual sewer system in the field to flank people? That sounds so cool, did it work properly or did people get pissed and stuff?
.JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 16:52   #32
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner
 
Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Lambert, Quebec
Hey Jet, I'll give you all the info I can from my 14 years of playing paintball indoors. Wide spaces. What I always find happens is that no one will go into the narrow corridoors in pb for fear of being lit up froma foot away with no where to go. Plus try to avoid long open corridoors as well. What generally happens it that the two sides stand still and just fire down these long alleys. The best example of what not to build is if you have ever been to Arnolds Paintball. They have too much cover in some places and the other half of the complex is open with nothing there.

The best inddor place I had ever went to was Paintball Laval. They had dimely lit tunnels under ground to get to most of the buildings. There was a central square room underground that had no lites except a strope light on a motion sensor. The best firefights always took place there.Also don't be afraid to make builings with multiple floors. Nothing better than to be ble to hold the high ground and fire down upon the other team.

And most importantly try to avoid making a "strong" side. By this I mean a side that everone wants to start on because its has too many advantages. A good example of this is the Bog map in COD4. If you are the opsfor and the other team isn't useless you loose.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinard View Post
eeyore, the more I look at your avatar, the more I find it looks like a vagina...
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 16:57   #33
Jimski
 
Jimski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
also, the map has to be completely 'flankable', like a videogame level.
Both team must be able to turn around the field, around one another, no dead ends, no closed areas without some alternative way in or out.
__________________
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 17:02   #34
.JET
 
.JET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Send a message via MSN to .JET
Quote:
Originally Posted by notom View Post
Hey Jet, I'll give you all the info I can from my 14 years of playing paintball indoors. Wide spaces. What I always find happens is that no one will go into the narrow corridoors in pb for fear of being lit up froma foot away with no where to go. Plus try to avoid long open corridoors as well. What generally happens it that the two sides stand still and just fire down these long alleys. The best example of what not to build is if you have ever been to Arnolds Paintball. They have too much cover in some places and the other half of the complex is open with nothing there.

The best inddor place I had ever went to was Paintball Laval. They had dimely lit tunnels under ground to get to most of the buildings. There was a central square room underground that had no lites except a strope light on a motion sensor. The best firefights always took place there.Also don't be afraid to make builings with multiple floors. Nothing better than to be ble to hold the high ground and fire down upon the other team.

And most importantly try to avoid making a "strong" side. By this I mean a side that everone wants to start on because its has too many advantages. A good example of this is the Bog map in COD4. If you are the opsfor and the other team isn't useless you loose.
I have been to Arnold's Paintball and I know what you mean. Great input man, thanks a million.

Quote:
also, the map has to be completely 'flankable', like a videogame level.
Both team must be able to turn around the field, around one another, no dead ends, no closed areas without some alternative way in or out.
Yup that's in the plans, thanks a lot!
.JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 17:23   #35
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull
 
Aegiis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aper's neighbor
Speaking of "sewer" systems, Voodoo paintball (3-Rivières) looked like they we're building one when we played there in may.

Have a look are the website

http://www.voodoopaintball.ca/
__________________

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis à raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 17:41   #36
Forever_kaos
 
Forever_kaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mississauga.
Good players. Nothing ruins a good field then some dickheads not calling hits.
I know it's a bit harder to manage, but possibly see if you can stress the rules at your field.
Have signs up shrug.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 17:54   #37
.JET
 
.JET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Send a message via MSN to .JET
That goes without saying. Most of the time, a referee of sorts will be around anyways.
.JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 21:34   #38
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by .JET View Post
That goes without saying. Most of the time, a referee of sorts will be around anyways.
Airsoft doesn't generally use referees. Admins if there's any complaints, yes. But no referees standing around going "YOU'RE OUT!"

It's just not a part of airsoft. Airsoft is supposed to be a honest game.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 22:28   #39
Jimski
 
Jimski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
paintball does, and the referees are also present during airsoft games that's all
__________________
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 22:48   #40
Bissa
 
Bissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Send a message via MSN to Bissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegiis View Post
Speaking of "sewer" systems, Voodoo paintball (3-Rivières) looked like they we're building one when we played there in may.

Have a look are the website

http://www.voodoopaintball.ca/
wow, that is amaisingly similar to a set up I was thinking of about a year ago.
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:47   #41
.JET
 
.JET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Send a message via MSN to .JET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Airsoft doesn't generally use referees. Admins if there's any complaints, yes. But no referees standing around going "YOU'RE OUT!"

It's just not a part of airsoft. Airsoft is supposed to be a honest game.
That's true, but the thing is that the business will be much more paintball-oriented for obvious reasons (much more publicized, known and potential for service is much larger, without mentioning the law standpoint of airsoft). Airsoft would be available on a special reservation basis though.
.JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:00   #42
cbcsteve
Nice Guy
 
cbcsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Markham
Quote:
Originally Posted by .JET View Post
Airsoft would be available on a special reservation basis though.
Thats how it usually is for most Paintball places and works out better that way so as to give the Airsofters a free range of how they run their games. If you can actually schedule a special reservation solely for Airsofters that would be good

Just that most of the time the Airsofters may choose a busy paintball time in which you probably would earn more doing paintball at that particular hour, but its a trade off you sometimes have to make
__________________
- Pistolero Steve -

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 14:59   #43
.JET
 
.JET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Send a message via MSN to .JET
It really all depends on the traffic. At the beginning it'll be free a lot, which means it shouldn't be a problem for either Airsofters or Paintballing, but the business would primarily be paintball oriented because, let's face it, it's much more lucrative and out there... easily marketable.

Special reservations will be available for sure though.

Thank you all for your input, it really helps. Keep it coming if you feel like it!
.JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 16:09   #44
Outcast569
 
Outcast569's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
I dont know if any one else thinks this is a good idea or not but here it is.

Alot of people on here tell the minors that they should go and view games, alot of the fields Ive been to for airsoft and P. Ball are really hard view the games from lobbies and such.

So the idea is this, if the map is like crossfire or some such like it then there will be locations for folks to be able to watch from and actually see the games. Of course you would have to put something over the windows for protection. But I remember when I was younger I would have killed to be able to watch a full out game like one that map would offer.

Like I said I dont know what every one else thinks but I really do think that it would help new players and minors alike.
__________________
Outcast569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 16:46   #45
vondnik
Ban-Fu Sifu
 
vondnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Socialist republic of Kebekistan
Send a message via MSN to vondnik
honesty
camaradry
and most of all fun....

the rest is secondary
__________________
Vondnik, team Bad Karma, PQAC

Murphy's second rule: Nothing is impossible for the man who does not have to do it himself.

vondnik is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.