Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Could someone please explain these upgrades for me?

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 28th, 2009, 16:49   #1
xopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Could someone please explain these upgrades for me?

Im planning to buy a M4 carbine off of buyairsoft.ca.
They have an advanced version with upgrades. This is what the it says:

Metal Hop-up Chamber
8mm Ball Bearing Bushings
G&G "Strong" Motor -> more FPS?
Metal Ball Bearing Spring Guide
Reinforced Piston
Metal Piston Head
Silver Wiring -> higher quality wiring?
Tactical Hand Grip (Not shown in picture) -> just the cool thing in the front
Silver Electroplated Tight Bore Barrel -> i understand this means my BBs will fly further due to tighter barrel

Also, i would like to know if buyairsoft.ca is reliable. Ive done several searches and most people say they are good but they sometimes mix up their order. Would someone like to verify they are reliable?
xopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 16:54   #2
Jburough
 
Jburough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by xopher View Post
Im planning to buy a M4 carbine off of buyairsoft.ca.
They have an advanced version with upgrades. This is what the it says:

Metal Hop-up Chamber
8mm Ball Bearing Bushings
G&G "Strong" Motor -> more FPS?
Metal Ball Bearing Spring Guide
Reinforced Piston
Metal Piston Head
Silver Wiring -> higher quality wiring?
Tactical Hand Grip (Not shown in picture) -> just the cool thing in the front
Silver Electroplated Tight Bore Barrel -> i understand this means my BBs will fly further due to tighter barrel

Also, i would like to know if buyairsoft.ca is reliable. Ive done several searches and most people say they are good but they sometimes mix up their order. Would someone like to verify they are reliable?
upgradesw and whatnot, not 100%
just get Age Verified, buds!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
People will run and attend games that suit their taste. People will make investment in airsoft in a similar manner.
"My mind is my blade, my body is my soul - w/ out them I am useless"

"squeeze my lemon - 'til the Juice runs down my leg"
-Robert Plant

Jburough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 16:58   #3
xopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Even if i do get age verified, i would only purchase brand new, reliable brand name stuff.
Few days ago i asked sometime to do a price check on a G&P M4 commando and they estimated $900...not exactly in my price range, however this is. Plus its just my first gun!
xopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 17:01   #4
Jburough
 
Jburough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
well, in that case.
others would say still, don't
IIII would say yes, I plan on doing the same thing

you don't know what you need (first-hand) until you run a gun into the ground first
find out where it went wrong, what you would like the second time around

I also am not up for 900 dollars on a gun
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
People will run and attend games that suit their taste. People will make investment in airsoft in a similar manner.
"My mind is my blade, my body is my soul - w/ out them I am useless"

"squeeze my lemon - 'til the Juice runs down my leg"
-Robert Plant

Jburough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 17:07   #5
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard
 
surebet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Longueuil, Quebec
There are amazing deals to be had in the classifieds, even for the new stuff. The quote for the G&P was representative of a custom order, landed items that haven't sold will go for less usually.
__________________
Annoyingly good with numbers

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 17:23   #6
xopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Could someoen just explain the upgrades to me?
xopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 17:40   #7
RaisinBran
 
RaisinBran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burnaby,BC
The upgrades are decent, there explained, don't buy the gun from buyarisoft.ca but it from Ken 007airsoft.com, Mach1, or Velocity, don't buy from buyairsoft, it's shit.
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 17:45   #8
IceTray
Majestic Mornings rocking it like a Queen
 
IceTray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Windsor, ON
BA tends to have low quality heaps of junk. Upgraded or not. If Amos were here, he'd tell you if it isn't prometheus, it isn't good enough.

Besides, guns in the classifieds are years ahead the quality of BA. They tend to be full metal, and upgraded well beyond that of what you're currently asking about. Thats why they tend to be worth so much.

As for BA being reliable.. well, its a hit or miss. They'll either be reliable, or they'll tick you off.
__________________
For anyone looking for age verification in the Windsor region: Unfortunately, I will only be verifying people at games, I am currently unable to run around and setup meetings.
IceTray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 17:47   #9
ShelledPants
 
ShelledPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, On
Metal Hop-up Chamber. Not plastic. One piece. Doesn't mean it's amazing. Don't be conned.

8mm Ball Bearing Bushings. Larger surface area means reduced wear on the ball bearing which can mean longer life. Meaningless if the gun is shimmed incorrectly.

G&G "Strong" Motor. Implies more torque (pull a harder spring, which means you could get more fps if the spring is harder). Meaningless as it's the company's description.

Metal Ball Bearing Spring Guide. Good upgrade, Plastic spring guides are known to break. Ball bearing means the spring can turn freely on the guide and not bind.

Reinforced Piston. Stronger piston. Reinforced where? Meaningless.

Metal Piston Head. Could be a problem if it's heavy, technically meaningless as cheap metal is weaker than strong plastic. Will likely make the gun louder. ("Snap" instead of "thunk")

Silver Wiring. Implies better wiring, gauge is not mentioned, easiest way to upgrade a gun's wiring is to increase the gauge, silver wiring technically has better flow than copper. But it's probably copper wire which has been tinned with solder for better contacts.

Tactical Hand Grip. RIS adapter I'm presuming, buy real steal, better.

Silver Electroplated Tight Bore Barrel. Likely a lightweight alternative to the brass of stock guns, MadBull uses aluminum to a good effect, meaningless i the gun still shoots like stock.

There, I shaved away the bullshit. People shouldn't have to bend over backwards to get information. Enjoy.
__________________


r skal rsa, s er annars vill
f ea fjr hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi lfur
lr um getur n sofandi maur sigur.

Last edited by ShelledPants; July 28th, 2009 at 17:50..
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 17:58   #10
xopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Im only buying from buyairsoft because ken will not be getting anymore metal G&G airsoft rifles.

By the sound of the descriptions on buyairsoft, the guns they have now are still metal. I have also emailed them and asked them to confirm this.

When you say the gun is poor quality, what do you mean? shouldnt they be new in box guns send by the manufacturers? Or are you saying ill be getting a shit used//old rifle with those upgrades?

btw when i say metal, im talking about the ones with just the plastic lower reciever and not full metal ones
xopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 18:08   #11
Flying Squirrel
 
Flying Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
They mean that those rifles are just bad quality to begin with (from the manufacturer). . . and they don't' come with a metal upper receiver. The front and rear of those guns too are plastic too in real life, so unless he says he can get metal lowers (which he can't) he just leading you on a snipe hunt.
__________________
"I'm a Rocket Surgeon!"

Certified Airsoft Level 2 Bolt-Action Sharp-shooter
Flying Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 19:42   #12
Darklen
Administrator
 
Darklen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Red Deer, AB
Send a message via MSN to Darklen
Quote:
Originally Posted by xopher View Post
Im only buying from buyairsoft because ken will not be getting anymore metal G&G airsoft rifles...
btw when i say metal, im talking about the ones with just the plastic lower reciever and not full metal ones
Um, if you look at the gun Buyairsoft is selling, it has a clear lower. It's the same gun Ken is carrying. The package may be different, but the gun is the same. IIRC, Buyairsoft is now owned by CAS, who supply pretty much everyone in the country with G&G and ICS clear guns.

In any case, the clear G&G's and ICS's are no where near as good as the full metal versions. These's a reason why these clear lower guns are cheaper than the full metal versions and it's not because of the clear lower.
__________________
ASC & RAAT Age Verifier for Red Deer & Area Alberta
Darklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 20:29   #13
xopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
So basically they are false adverstising on buyairsoft.ca?
I guess my only hope of getting a metal gun is go classified... however i did find a metal GR16 R4 on mach1airsoft!

Could someone please take a quick peak and see if its the one im looking for (none of the CAS crap)

http://www.mach1airsoft.com/web/cata...om&id=26&cat=3
xopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 21:29   #14
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw
 
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Dude, why are you avoiding the AV thing? The price you heard for the G&P being high is because they are high end guns. If your looking for a car, asking for a G&P is like asking for a mid-upper class BMW. Some go for a higher sticker price than others. You get what you pay for.

"Full Metal" doesn't always mean better. The metal in most full metal guns is cheap ass pot metal (if you dont know what that is, look it up somewhere). If you want one with a proper metal like steel (which [if im not mistaken] G&P uses) you get those kinds of prices. Ive had full metal guns, and plastic guns, and I find the ones with plastic bodies perform alot better since they don't rely of having the tag of "full metal" to be their only fall-back like alot of the clone companies do. They rely on their reputation of being a solid performer and they still keep their base of customers.

You will find better guns in the classifieds, its as simple as that. Old/used doesn't mean "shit" as you so put it. New, fresh out of the box could be worse because it hasn't been broken in yet, and the chances of a manufacturers defect is alot higher than a tried, tested and true used AEG from the classifieds. If you don't want to take our advice anymore, you can just stop asking and do whatever you want, if you wanna just do what you wanna do when you don't hear what you want to hear.
__________________
My trust is in whiskey, in weed and in Slayer, its GODDAMN ELECTRIC - Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.

Last edited by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw; July 28th, 2009 at 21:31..
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 22:44   #15
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Wow, what he said sounds very strong and harsh, but I have to agree. Xopher, im not sure if this applies to you, but i know that many newcomers are excited in purchasing an AEG. I originally wanted to buy a G&G gun from Mach1 but I decided to spend some time to get AV'd and to look through the classified. Sometimes many ppl regret buying G&G plastic receiver gun after they have seen the classified. They wish that they can just go back in time and save their money instead of buying a plastic AEG. Anyways, im still a newbie and I might be wrong/misled, but this is all based on my experiences. Feel free to dispute me or share your other opinions. I hope that we can help you with your decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
Dude, why are you avoiding the AV thing? The price you heard for the G&P being high is because they are high end guns. If your looking for a car, asking for a G&P is like asking for a mid-upper class BMW. Some go for a higher sticker price than others. You get what you pay for.

"Full Metal" doesn't always mean better. The metal in most full metal guns is cheap ass pot metal (if you dont know what that is, look it up somewhere). If you want one with a proper metal like steel (which [if im not mistaken] G&P uses) you get those kinds of prices. Ive had full metal guns, and plastic guns, and I find the ones with plastic bodies perform alot better since they don't rely of having the tag of "full metal" to be their only fall-back like alot of the clone companies do. They rely on their reputation of being a solid performer and they still keep their base of customers.

You will find better guns in the classifieds, its as simple as that. Old/used doesn't mean "shit" as you so put it. New, fresh out of the box could be worse because it hasn't been broken in yet, and the chances of a manufacturers defect is alot higher than a tried, tested and true used AEG from the classifieds. If you don't want to take our advice anymore, you can just stop asking and do whatever you want, if you wanna just do what you wanna do when you don't hear what you want to hear.
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.