Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

underage airsoft ownership issue important

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:38   #61
scurvythepirate
 
scurvythepirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kelowna,BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfHeaded View Post
well thanks that all makes sence, i guess i just have to try and gain some respect
Yepp thats it. Just spend time here, and learn. Dont make stupid comments. Sorta like, dont say things you dont know about.
Learn about the sport, and local fields. Also help out at local feilds (I believe Amos mentioned it already).
Your one of the few underage airsofters on this forum, who actaully takes into account what we have to say, which is good.
__________________
scurvythepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:26   #62
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine
 
Daiviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I know a lot of minors with airsoft guns. However we teach them responsibly, and they're smart enough not to really open their mouth on the forums until they're 18.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:47   #63
bpbcc1
 
bpbcc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Winnipeg
No Excuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfHeaded View Post
thanks ak47

can i just ask why people are really mean to the minors on this website? sorry if thats a stupid remark but im just wondering
They are idiots. There is no reason to act that way at any time. No one, again, No One on ASC is bound to answer any post made by anyone. If you don't like what you see/read, don't agree, get pissed off, want to cry, hate children because you never got to play, hate your Mom, hate your Dad, can't afford the gun or anything else then don't bother. If you can't help or don't want to then just don't do anything. I like clever comments but being a jerk is not as clever as you think it is. I wouldn't be at all suprised if this thread was started by an admin, given it's young yet mature attitude, to pull the cyber bullies out of thier hiding holes.

Halfheaded, you should not appologize for anything. I'm sorry for the way you have been treated. I PM'd you. I wouldn't blame you if you left here now and never looked back even in four years. If you're this mature at 14 now I can only imagine what a great asset you'll be to some team in a few years. If you come to MB, I'll paly Airsoft with you any day.

BPB
bpbcc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:58   #64
HalfHeaded
 
HalfHeaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpbcc1 View Post
They are idiots. There is no reason to act that way at any time. No one, again, No One on ASC is bound to answer any post made by anyone. If you don't like what you see/read, don't agree, get pissed off, want to cry, hate children because you never got to play, hate your Mom, hate your Dad, can't afford the gun or anything else then don't bother. If you can't help or don't want to then just don't do anything. I like clever comments but being a jerk is not as clever as you think it is. I wouldn't be at all suprised if this thread was started by an admin, given it's young yet mature attitude, to pull the cyber bullies out of thier hiding holes.

Halfheaded, you should not appologize for anything. I'm sorry for the way you have been treated. I PM'd you. I wouldn't blame you if you left here now and never looked back even in four years. If you're this mature at 14 now I can only imagine what a great asset you'll be to some team in a few years. If you come to MB, I'll paly Airsoft with you any day.

BPB

really apreciate that thank you
HalfHeaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 13:36   #65
Malice Army
 
Malice Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St. Catharines ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by surebet View Post
I'm not mad, just slightly irritated at your completely random post. To jump into drama llama mode right off the bat after I ask you what you are trying to tell us reeks of troll, so I'll simply leave this conversation after this post. I don't need another MCR fanboy crying wolf to the mods about me.

As for "letting us know so we'll help you", why should we? First, the gun has been discussed to death, so all you need to upgrade it is already on the forums. Literally everything. Second, you're 13 years old, why should I help you make a more powerfull and precise gun.

You will be met with the same attitude as every other minor on this board, why should it be different?

This doesn't mean you will be ripped to pieces as you seem to think you will be, but your "confession" will not necessarily help either.

YMMV.
Not really , Surebet you are a dick
Malice Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 16:05   #66
Jayne Finch
 
Jayne Finch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: my field mostly. seems that way at least.
this attitude is why im reluctant to bring people into this sport. even if they are 18. some of the comments on this site are outright assault. the attacks i see on some members are just childish. we dont need age verification we need maturity verification.

halfheaded i think you have the right idea. keep your gun stored for the time being and just let it come. its a formality but its just the way it is. i hope you stick it out.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------
"bitches don't know 'bout my killing zombies!"

"Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

"i don't have a license to kill. but i have a learners permit!"
Jayne Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 17:15   #67
HalfHeaded
 
HalfHeaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oakville, Ontario
thanks
HalfHeaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 18:07   #68
Bonjour43ma
 
Bonjour43ma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne Finch View Post
this attitude is why im reluctant to bring people into this sport. even if they are 18. some of the comments on this site are outright assault. the attacks i see on some members are just childish. we dont need age verification we need maturity verification.

halfheaded i think you have the right idea. keep your gun stored for the time being and just let it come. its a formality but its just the way it is. i hope you stick it out.
Like I said, having a conversation on internet forums can be diffilcult at times. We all jump to conclusion on something based on first impression and how the words were said (or typed, in this case), so if a post was confusing to read or not clear in intention, people may interpert it incorrectly and thus reacting to it in a hostile manner.

I'm just not used to visiting forums that have underaged minors that we have to treat differently as we would to other "mature" members, but then again, airsoft isn't really meant for those that are under the age of 18 to begin with (this is a whole other topic as well, we can agree to disagree), so it's easy to forget that sometimes we ARE talking to kids here and need to watch what we say.

The message is clear, though. You need to be responsible for your own actions when it comes to owning replica guns, and with guns there comes a certain level of expectation in terms of how you treat them - if you treat them like toys, you will eventually get hurt. I believe most of us here have good intentions toward keeping this sport safe and available to everyone (that are of age), but at the same time there must be a certain level of exeptation that needs to be put in place for anyone that wants to participate safely.
Bonjour43ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 18:15   #69
Flying Squirrel
 
Flying Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
There's a lot of people here who are willing to answer questions but there probably three times as many people who will bite you head off for not using Google or the forum search feature.

I find a lot of people act differently when their on the forum than the do in real life. . . then again some of them really are dicks. Keep in mind its the internet and arguing on net is meaningless.

Don't be afraid to ask questions and just be honest about things, most of us are willing to help, or try to.
__________________
"I'm a Rocket Surgeon!"

Certified Airsoft Level 2 Bolt-Action Sharp-shooter
Flying Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 19:58   #70
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 19:59   #71
HalfHeaded
 
HalfHeaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oakville, Ontario
sorry but what is the picture infering
HalfHeaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 20:01   #72
Frozen Tex
 
Frozen Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Yellowknife, NT, Great White North
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfHeaded View Post
sorry but what is the picture infering
That this thread has turned into dead horse-beating.
__________________

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 20:03   #73
HalfHeaded
 
HalfHeaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oakville, Ontario
that is honestly a true statement.
HalfHeaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 22:43   #74
Boomshakah
 
Boomshakah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Trois Rivières, Québec
HalfHeaded I know how you feel, as I've been waiting since 2 year, and I won't be able untill next year (when i'll be 18) to participate in a event, i still believe that if you are responsible, you can use your gun out of sight, on some private land.

one wierd thing is theres alot of people under 18 who are allowed to handle real steel military rifles (like the C7A1, and I'm joining army reserve in september!), but are flamed if they touch to an Airsoft. thats non-sense?

Oh well, I can't wait to be allowed for Age Verification,
Boomshakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 22:46   #75
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomshakah View Post
one wierd thing is theres alot of people under 18 who are allowed to handle real steel military rifles (like the C7A1, and I'm joining army reserve in september!), but are flamed if they touch to an Airsoft. thats non-sense?

Oh well, I can't wait to be allowed for Age Verification,
I suppose you think it's nonsense too that you can get a Student Pilot Permit when you're 14, but can't get your driver's learner's permit until you're 16? Or the fact you can rent a plane when you're 17, but can't rent a car until you're 25?

We have a reason for this. Those under 18 who handle real firearms are either licensed to do so, or have recieved proper military training and do it under military supervision and mandate. Neither of those exists in airsoft. The "legally responsible" speal still applies.

I go back to what I said earlier:



can we lock this thread?
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.