Airsoft Canada
http://www.ultimateairsoft.ca/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tsd l96

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 26th, 2009, 19:59   #1
Wilson
 
Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sudbury, ON
Tsd l96

I purchased a TSD L96 to try something a little different (been AEG-ing for almost seven years, time for a change) but I'm wondering about its upgradability. I've been looking around and I haven't been able to find any direct statement of compatibility.

Is the TSD/Well L96 compatible with the Maruzen? Entirely? Partially? I did a search on here and a couple of other forums but I don't have time to pick through whole threads!
__________________
IN OMNIA PARATUS
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 20:04   #2
Jburough
 
Jburough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
I purchased a TSD L96 to try something a little different (been AEG-ing for almost seven years, time for a change) but I'm wondering about its upgradability. I've been looking around and I haven't been able to find any direct statement of compatibility.

Is the TSD/Well L96 compatible with the Maruzen? Entirely? Partially? I did a search on here and a couple of other forums but I don't have time to pick through whole threads!

I remember reading somewhere that you can upgrade it. I think it was clone upgrades not maruzen, but I'm new, so I could be terribly wrong both ways

also, in saying that, it's like a lot of these guys tell me, why upgrade a clone

but I guess you already bought it so . . . good-luck!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
People will run and attend games that suit their taste. People will make investment in airsoft in a similar manner.
"My mind is my blade, my body is my soul - w/ out them I am useless"

"squeeze my lemon - 'til the Juice runs down my leg"
-Robert Plant

Jburough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 20:06   #3
Wilson
 
Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sudbury, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburough View Post
I remember reading somewhere that you can upgrade it. I think it was clone upgrades not maruzen, but I'm new, so I could be terribly wrong both ways

also, in saying that, it's like a lot of these guys tell me, why upgrade a clone

but I guess you already bought it so . . . good-luck!!
I don't buy high-dollar airsoft guns anymore. Mid-range is good enough for me, especially if I can drop in a couple parts to help keep 'em alive.

Besides, I'm just trying out the whole airsoft "sniping" deal. I shoot real rifles so I thought it might be fun. My ghillie materials are currently being shipped to me.
__________________
IN OMNIA PARATUS

Last edited by Wilson; July 26th, 2009 at 20:09..
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 20:08   #4
Jburough
 
Jburough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
I don't buy high-dollar airsoft guns anymore. Mid-range is good enough for me, especially if I can drop in a couple parts to help keep 'em alive.
I would say that sounds very wise, but again III would say that
I was looking at the well 96, but Amos told me that TM came out w/ there own

so I'm just waiting to get AV'd and wait for it in the Classifieds

again, good-luck!!

P.S. PM me if it works out ok for you
Jburough
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
People will run and attend games that suit their taste. People will make investment in airsoft in a similar manner.
"My mind is my blade, my body is my soul - w/ out them I am useless"

"squeeze my lemon - 'til the Juice runs down my leg"
-Robert Plant

Jburough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 20:45   #5
Wilson
 
Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sudbury, ON
According to some folks at Airsoft Ohio (thank you, Google!) the TSD L96 is 100% Maruzen compatible. Yay.

We'll see how it holds up stock for a while.
__________________
IN OMNIA PARATUS
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 20:48   #6
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Yup, a 100% maruzen clone.. though only about 99% compatabile because of tolerance issues. I had a Well L96.. used it for one game before selling it. It was fun, I wouldn't mind getting another one eventaully. Great for just "playing around" with a BAR if you have no real intention of playing the dedicated sniper role.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 20:52   #7
Wilson
 
Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sudbury, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Yup, a 100% maruzen clone.. though only about 99% compatabile because of tolerance issues. I had a Well L96.. used it for one game before selling it. It was fun, I wouldn't mind getting another one eventaully. Great for just "playing around" with a BAR if you have no real intention of playing the dedicated sniper role.
I'm told, on places other than ASC, that this thing is an excellent platform for a dedicated sniper. People on this forum have it in their heads that if I didn't spend $800+ on the base platform then it'll forever be useless. lol

I'm not expecting sub-MOA performance with an airsoft rifle.
__________________
IN OMNIA PARATUS
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 21:07   #8
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
I'm told, on places other than ASC, that this thing is an excellent platform for a dedicated sniper. People on this forum have it in their heads that if I didn't spend $800+ on the base platform then it'll forever be useless. lol
Well, my take on that this this:

1) 80% of other airsoft forums are infested by people who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

2) To turn it into a really awesome platform, you're spending $800-$1,000 in parts anyway, regardless of the base unit. The issue is that parts for the maruzen are guaranteed to fit the maruzen... whereas some parts can be hit or miss with the TSD clone. Personally, I'd still be tempted to just upgrade the TSD one instead of starting with the high end one.

3) I've been told by numerous people that the build quality of the maruzen far exceeds that of the TSD.

Now, having said all of that, I don't give a shit what anyone says -The Well L96 I had was more accurate than any stock AEG and had pretty awesome range to boot, and that was only shooting with .25's, not something like .38's which I'm sure it would be awesome with. Furthermore the Well came with a scope and a decent bypod.. seriously for the money it's an awesome deal.

I'm definetly not saying "don't get it". I'd recommend it to anyone who wanted to try a BAR. I'm just relating my experiances with it.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 21:10   #9
Wilson
 
Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sudbury, ON
Kalnaren, I've always enjoyed your posts. Thank you for your insight (and the morale boost!).
__________________
IN OMNIA PARATUS
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 21:13   #10
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Kalnaren, I've always enjoyed your posts. Thank you for your insight (and the morale boost!).
No problem. Like any china clone, I think the biggest issue is on the QC. But, since it's a BAR, it'll be shit simple to fix anything that doesn't work quite right.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 21:15   #11
Wilson
 
Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sudbury, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
No problem. Like any china clone, I think the biggest issue is on the QC. But, since it's a BAR, it'll be shit simple to fix anything that doesn't work quite right.
I'm quite competent with a dremel should there be fitment issues. Ideally I'll get lucky and everything will drop in with minimal fuss. I won't be upgrading it until I realize that it's lacking.
__________________
IN OMNIA PARATUS
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 21:18   #12
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Should be fine then. Like I said, I didn't have mine very long (RC transmitter took priority lol) but it was fun as hell when I did have it and I'd definetly get another one.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 21:19   #13
Wilson
 
Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sudbury, ON
Nice. Well maybe we can have a sniper duel at the Springwater F.I.S.T. farm!
__________________
IN OMNIA PARATUS
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 21:23   #14
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Sure, if you don't mind me using my SL-9
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 22:02   #15
Kos-Mos
 
Kos-Mos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Longueuil (QC)
I had a Maruzen APS-2 Type 96.
I had a Well L96.
I had a Well G22.

Quality is like comparing a full metal G&P M4 to a Kraken.

Two worlds.

All the upgrades will fit.
In a Maruzen you can do it with one had.
In the Well you are lucky not to have to use the Dremel.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Damnit, don't make me add "no discussing temporal paradoxes" to the rules or I'll go back in time and ban you last week.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://www.ultimateairsoft.ca/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.