Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Question about M4 hop up

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 18th, 2009, 19:00   #1
Armalite
 
Armalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Quebec city
Question about M4 hop up

hi,

I want to know if a normal ejection door is OK to protect against sand and dust, my hop up chamber of my M4 if i keep it closed. Is it better to put a metal piece cover over the hop up chamber like on the picture below?


__________________


''to be with the best you gotta do everything you can, to be on the top of the best you gotta do everything you can't''
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 11:29   #2
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
You want to put a faux bolt in there?

I think that having the hop up visible just behind the dust cover is good enough. Unless your dust cover pops open while firing in which case the faux bolt might prevent that little bit of sand/dust getting in.

My gun has just the dust cover and all I need to do is pull it down to change the hop up.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 17:08   #3
Armalite
 
Armalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Quebec city
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
You want to put a faux bolt in there?

I think that having the hop up visible just behind the dust cover is good enough. Unless your dust cover pops open while firing in which case the faux bolt might prevent that little bit of sand/dust getting in.

My gun has just the dust cover and all I need to do is pull it down to change the hop up.
thank you.
__________________


''to be with the best you gotta do everything you can, to be on the top of the best you gotta do everything you can't''
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 17:48   #4
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
if you're worried, order the ejection port cover: http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=823

or you can order a new set since it's out of stock: http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1347

my dust cover always manages to find it's way open so having the port cover is a bonus. (it moves out of the way when you pull back the charging handle)
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 18:19   #5
Armalite
 
Armalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Quebec city
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
if you're worried, order the ejection port cover: http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=823

or you can order a new set since it's out of stock: http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1347

my dust cover always manages to find it's way open so having the port cover is a bonus. (it moves out of the way when you pull back the charging handle)
I already have it + the pieces to open the ejection door but I wanted to know if it's for recommended.
__________________


''to be with the best you gotta do everything you can, to be on the top of the best you gotta do everything you can't''
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 22:42   #6
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
I already have it + the pieces to open the ejection door but I wanted to know if it's for recommended.
you have the bits, so why not put them to use?
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 01:02   #7
Armalite
 
Armalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Quebec city
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
you have the bits, so why not put them to use?
because, before install it, I wanted to know if it's just a bonus or it's a best protection against dust.
__________________


''to be with the best you gotta do everything you can, to be on the top of the best you gotta do everything you can't''
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 09:15   #8
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
because, before install it, I wanted to know if it's just a bonus or it's a best protection against dust.
how sensitive is your charging handle release? I barely touch mine and the door falls. thus, I keep the port cover installed. Half the time I can't be bothered to flip the door up, so it's up to you. but to answer your question, it will help keep dirt and dust out. clearly not having it wouldn't be any better at protecting against dust.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 13:51   #9
Armalite
 
Armalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Quebec city
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
how sensitive is your charging handle release? I barely touch mine and the door falls. thus, I keep the port cover installed. Half the time I can't be bothered to flip the door up, so it's up to you. but to answer your question, it will help keep dirt and dust out. clearly not having it wouldn't be any better at protecting against dust.
seems to be a little bit slack. thanks for the info
__________________


''to be with the best you gotta do everything you can, to be on the top of the best you gotta do everything you can't''
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.