Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

10.8v battery

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 13th, 2009, 02:26   #1
132tim
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
10.8v battery

if i put in a 10.8v battery into a stock ics m4a1 will it do any damage and will that increase fps or just ROF
132tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:35   #2
Rotting
Roko
 
Rotting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Increase in battery power typically increases your rate of fire by a noticable amount. Your FPS may go up, but don't expect a 300FPS to jump to 370FPS. You'll get a small boost (more power going through it). With more power going through it, you do run the risk of damaging your insides. I'm not 100% familiar with ICS's products, so I can't comment on whether or not a 10.8v battery would eat up the internals like hotdogs at a BBQ.

General consensus though, is that if you upgrade to a rather beefy battery, your internals should be upgraded to withstand the force of it.
__________________



Primary: Custom WE M16A3
Secondary: KWA MP9
Side: Custom WE M1911A1
Rotting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:39   #3
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
Your battery never increases your FPS. It's mechanically impossible with current AEG designs. The travel of the piston is fixed, the spring will be released with the same amount of compression (+/- 1 or 2 mm, if that), no matter how fast your ROF is.
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:40   #4
Mitchell12
vision impaired
 
Mitchell12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: St.John's, NL
Huh? Batterys have nothing to do with FPS and everything to do with trigger response and ROF. Your piston is going to be flying back a bit faster so it's going to wear a little quicker but just use your full auto sparingly and it'll be fine. That being said if you could get someone to shim it for you that'd go a long way for reliability.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngrySniper View Post
Simultaneous climax makes me warm and fuzzy all over
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 13:24   #5
132tim
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell12 View Post
Huh? Batterys have nothing to do with FPS and everything to do with trigger response and ROF. Your piston is going to be flying back a bit faster so it's going to wear a little quicker but just use your full auto sparingly and it'll be fine. That being said if you could get someone to shim it for you that'd go a long way for reliability.
what do you mean by shim it
132tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 13:45   #6
Mitchell12
vision impaired
 
Mitchell12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: St.John's, NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 132tim View Post
what do you mean by shim it
Shimming is the act of bettering the alignment of the gears inside the gun using very small washers referred to as shims. This lengthens then life of your gun and lets it run smoother and more efficiently. Just about every stock gun requires it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngrySniper View Post
Simultaneous climax makes me warm and fuzzy all over
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 13:47   #7
Mentosice
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Quebec Beauce St-George
Send a message via MSN to Mentosice
10.8 volt battery wont damage your gun, i run a 12 volt batterry in my classic army i have shot over 130k bb and it never broke. All whats gonna happen is there will be big increse of your rof. shooting more faster = wear faster since you shoot more bb but its not thats bad like most people that havent tryed it and talk shit about it.

Note: i have a systema magnum motor in my gun and a systema m120 spring witch shoot 398-400 fps stable.
__________________

Age verifier for Beauce region

NIKON USER BEWARE ;P
Mentosice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 13:56   #8
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentosice View Post
10.8 volt battery wont damage your gun, i run a 12 volt batterry in my classic army i have shot over 130k bb and it never broke. All whats gonna happen is there will be big increse of your rof. shooting more faster = wear faster since you shoot more bb but its not thats bad like most people that havent tryed it and talk shit about it.

Note: i have a systema magnum motor in my gun and a systema m120 spring witch shoot 398-400 fps stable.
So true, ppl just get on the bandwagon about things that they haven't tried (in many cases not all) every AK Gearbox I've owned, Cyma, Dboys and JG has never been shimmed, run completely stock with regular 8.4 or 9.6 batteries and I've NEVER EVER EVER had any of them break on me,

people love to jump in and be like "Oh you should get your gun shimmed right out of the box" which is just retarded IMO and not necessary at all (at least on v3 boxes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roko View Post
Increase in battery power typically increases your rate of fire by a noticable amount. Your FPS may go up, but don't expect a 300FPS to jump to 370FPS. You'll get a small boost (more power going through it).
WRONG, as for increased battery power increasing FPS, wtf is that shit, so the extra voltage magically inscreases the tension on the AEG spring, transforming it from a SP110 to SP150?
__________________

Last edited by pusangani; July 13th, 2009 at 13:59..
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 14:09   #9
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner
 
Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Lambert, Quebec
Hey welcome back Pusangani.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinard View Post
eeyore, the more I look at your avatar, the more I find it looks like a vagina...
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 14:11   #10
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by notom66866 View Post
Hey welcome back Pusangani.
thanks bro, been back a while now, but they shortened my leash in the old noob tank here so I gotta be good
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 14:28   #11
132tim
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
thanks alot guys
132tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 14:30   #12
Mitchell12
vision impaired
 
Mitchell12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: St.John's, NL
That'll be 29.95

Or a case of Keiths.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngrySniper View Post
Simultaneous climax makes me warm and fuzzy all over
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:26   #13
Steven
 
Steven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Langley, B.C
I know this is a Necro, but I don't think it requires another thread.

So, a 10.8V wont hurt a stock Rifle, if you use Full auto sparingly, as in no 20 second Bursts?

Or should i New gears and piston with metal teeth?
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:37   #14
scooby
Guest
what cell size? large size cell 10.8 will be very hard on stock ics internals, no chance of survival, unless you use semi
  Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:40   #15
KND
* AV revoked *
 
KND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Downtown Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
I know this is a Necro, but I don't think it requires another thread.

So, a 10.8V wont hurt a stock Rifle, if you use Full auto sparingly, as in no 20 second Bursts?

Or should i New gears and piston with metal teeth?
Never run piston with full metal teeth, you risk breaking your gear, better replace 20 $ piston than 100 $ gear plus new shimming or gun doc fee if you don't know to do by yourself.

Edit, Most of the gun require shimming out the box but doesn't mean all guns require shimming, just take you time to check them out. Better safe than sorry. I already counter a few brand new gun need shimming but some has decent shimming as well. V3 mechbox won't break mechbox shells easily by just normal use.
__________________


Last edited by KND; October 19th, 2009 at 01:43..
KND is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.