Airsoft Canada
http://www.ultimateairsoft.ca/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Have you bought from EastCoastAirsoft.com before?

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:31   #31
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Simple way to fix people who ignore our laws. Email sent to CBSA with company information given them a tip of an illegal importation act with online proof via his own website that he's been circumventing Canadian laws. Watch List updated.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.

Last edited by BloodSport; July 11th, 2009 at 04:43..
BloodSport is offline  
Old July 11th, 2009, 14:24   #32
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
Just so there's absolutely no question about this, here is the Canada Border Services Agency saying that airsoft cannot be simply imported into Canada.

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/...-eng.html#P003

And here's a Canadian criminal court case in which a Canadian airsoft retailer was found guilty of importing and selling airsoft guns.

http://www.provincialcourt.bc.ca/jud...0/p09_0050.htm

In the end, EastCoastAirsoft is just another greedy, opportunistic American business trying to make a quick buck off Canadians who don't know Canadian law.

Or maybe ECA believes that Canadian retailers are bribing Canada customs and the judicial system.
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline  
Old July 12th, 2009, 04:58   #33
Ayashifx55
 
Ayashifx55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec, Montreal
i feel like i shoulnt have asked this question, i feel guilty......
Ayashifx55 is offline  
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:11   #34
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayashifx55 View Post
i feel like i shoulnt have asked this question, i feel guilty......
Not at all man, better to ask then not to ask and have a gun seized and be out a ton of money.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline  
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:34   #35
IceTray
Majestic Mornings rocking it like a Queen
 
IceTray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Windsor, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayashifx55 View Post
i feel like i shoulnt have asked this question, i feel guilty......
If anything, you did a world of good, a lot of people could have gotten in trouble from him advertising that he can import to Canada.
__________________
For anyone looking for age verification in the Windsor region: Unfortunately, I will only be verifying people at games, I am currently unable to run around and setup meetings.
IceTray is offline  
Old July 12th, 2009, 18:42   #36
Tyrano
 
Tyrano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Just so there's absolutely no question about this, here is the Canada Border Services Agency saying that airsoft cannot be simply imported into Canada.

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/...-eng.html#P003

And here's a Canadian criminal court case in which a Canadian airsoft retailer was found guilty of importing and selling airsoft guns.

http://www.provincialcourt.bc.ca/jud...0/p09_0050.htm

In the end, EastCoastAirsoft is just another greedy, opportunistic American business trying to make a quick buck off Canadians who don't know Canadian law.

Or maybe ECA believes that Canadian retailers are bribing Canada customs and the judicial system.
Gotta love the canadian law that considers airsoft to be a real menace to society. The new clearsoft guns with tinted receivers (especially the ones that are tinted black) make the gun look exactly like the real deal, and you have to be 5 meters away and know stuff about guns to tell the difference, especially since we don't force the orange tip. This makes the law ridiculous, having to cut down on the quality of the receiver for nothing, while also wasting time and money imposing sentences on honest people who are nowhere near criminals. This also has the effect of significantly raising the price of airsoft guns in Canada and slowing down the progress of this sport. Why not ban clearsoft too while we're at it?, they can be sprayed in black in less than a minute. Makes no sense.

And that's why I don't vote for "liberals" who seem to think honest citizens are a danger for themselves. Firearms act? Useless, money-consuming, non-working Registry System? No thanks.

It is only a matter of time before black tinted clearsoft guns make the news, get bashed by media stupidity and that airsoft gets restricted even further. I can see it coming already: "Airsoft promotes war and violence". They almost banned paintball in Germany because it supposedly "encouraged violence".

Wow, I sound really apocalytpic.

/politics off
__________________
Tyrano is offline  
Old July 12th, 2009, 19:00   #37
Mitchell12
vision impaired
 
Mitchell12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: St.John's, NL
Ugh, They don't understand Joules so they say it's dumb :/

They also say it's only used for airsoft :P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngrySniper View Post
Simultaneous climax makes me warm and fuzzy all over
Mitchell12 is offline  
Old July 12th, 2009, 20:23   #38
kullwarrior
 
kullwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrano View Post
Gotta love the canadian law that considers airsoft to be a real menace to society. The new clearsoft guns with tinted receivers (especially the ones that are tinted black) make the gun look exactly like the real deal, and you have to be 5 meters away and know stuff about guns to tell the difference, especially since we don't force the orange tip. This makes the law ridiculous, having to cut down on the quality of the receiver for nothing, while also wasting time and money imposing sentences on honest people who are nowhere near criminals. This also has the effect of significantly raising the price of airsoft guns in Canada and slowing down the progress of this sport. Why not ban clearsoft too while we're at it?, they can be sprayed in black in less than a minute. Makes no sense.

And that's why I don't vote for "liberals" who seem to think honest citizens are a danger for themselves. Firearms act? Useless, money-consuming, non-working Registry System? No thanks.

It is only a matter of time before black tinted clearsoft guns make the news, get bashed by media stupidity and that airsoft gets restricted even further. I can see it coming already: "Airsoft promotes war and violence". They almost banned paintball in Germany because it supposedly "encouraged violence".

Wow, I sound really apocalytpic.

/politics off

Orange tip problem has been brought out by both side of the fence.
*Kids paint their orange tip black and aim at the cops got shot dead,
*Criminal paint their firearm WITH orange tip and rack up a few casualties before cop shot him (can't remember when, but I do remember it happened)

Clear Reciever.
*People can paint it black and few people would know the difference
*Good luck criminals to get your gun reciever into a clear one.....(speaking of which, if they can do it, why not just make their own automatics? )

Eventhough I hate the clear reciever I do understand how people's point of view came from.

I really hope there's laws enact to really force the age limit into 18+ and I hope a membership/ licensing system does happen. Also they should put airsoft guns categorize as low-kinetic firearms since it does cause harm. When I say low kinetic, I meant transporting, displaying, and crimes would be treated as a firearm. Also place the new category legal to discharge in private property, as well as certified field/ centre.

Although some might say Im restricting our hobby more, but it once the membership system is up and the laws treat it as a firearm there's less arguement for keeping the black airsoft guns banned. There would be less reasons as why criminals would bother smuggling airsoft or getting license when firearms are easier to obtain and get access to. Finally we could see more idiotic media claiming airsoft guns can be easily converted into firearms opcorn: just like in the 1980s when media claim Glock pistol can get past metal detector security...
__________________
kullwarrior is offline  
Old July 12th, 2009, 21:16   #39
Doombringer
 
Doombringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Plateau, Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell12 View Post
Ugh, They don't understand Joules so they say it's dumb :/

They also say it's only used for airsoft :P
Yeah I thought the same. I didn't understand why they didn't know what Joules are. I was like... eh... never been to school ?

Heh...


Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
Orange tip problem has been brought out by both side of the fence. *Kids paint their orange tip black and aim at the cops got shot dead, *Criminal paint their firearm WITH orange tip and rack up a few casualties before cop shot him (can't remember when, but I do remember it happened) Clear Reciever. *People can paint it black and few people would know the difference *Good luck criminals to get your gun reciever into a clear one.....(speaking of which, if they can do it, why not just make their own automatics? ) Eventhough I hate the clear reciever I do understand how people's point of view came from. I really hope there's laws enact to really force the age limit into 18+ and I hope a membership/ licensing system does happen. Also they should put airsoft guns categorize as low-kinetic firearms since it does cause harm. When I say low kinetic, I meant transporting, displaying, and crimes would be treated as a firearm. Also place the new category legal to discharge in private property, as well as certified field/ centre. Although some might say Im restricting our hobby more, but it once the membership system is up and the laws treat it as a firearm there's less arguement for keeping the black airsoft guns banned. There would be less reasons as why criminals would bother smuggling airsoft or getting license when firearms are easier to obtain and get access to. Finally we could see more idiotic media claiming airsoft guns can be easily converted into firearms opcorn: just like in the 1980s when media claim Glock pistol can get past metal detector security...
Oh yeah, I really hope that a legislation gets set-up to restrict and impose a membership/licensing system. That would be acceptable for any point of view.
Doombringer is offline  
Old December 29th, 2009, 22:01   #40
cjboi
 
cjboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: manitoba
I support matt from eastcoast. We shouldn't argue if its goes through or not. We should hope that the laws would change someday. I ordered from matt and my gun went through, and im from Canada. Im pretty sure there's people out there who's member of airsoftcanada who ordered from eastcoastairsoft.com and he/she just doesnt wanna tell. I mean people from airsoftcanada sell's mad crazy expensive guns to fools, Dont get me wrong there's always a fool out there who would buy expensive airsoft like a pistol for 350 or 300 full metal when really he just bought it for 200. People with no experience or history of a legitimate business wouldn't know if www.eastcoastairsoft.com, I have a family business and trust me. Eastcoastairsoft.com is LEGIT. So fellow Canadian's lets not fight, just be thankful there's still a way to get full metal airsoft guns to Canada. PEACE!!!
cjboi is offline  
Old December 29th, 2009, 22:24   #41
KoolAidMan
 
KoolAidMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto,Ontario
1st necro post
2nd if you are in canada you got lucky , i know a few people who have been lucky getting stuff from across the border but look how many people weren't and have there stuff destroyed so for most its not worth the effort to try and you know what 2x isn't that bad of a price to pay i mean 1.5x would be better but at least we can get the stuff the higher intial cost is a bit prohibitive but it keeps the criminals away i mean hell yeah i wish i could get a dboy ak for 100$ but i can't : (
__________________
OOOOHHHH YEAAAHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline  
Old December 29th, 2009, 22:48   #42
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace
 
Kokanee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Spruce Grove, AB
And you just had to drag up a 6 month old thread to pimp your friend's business? I'm sure the majority of users here will not appreciate being called a "fool" because we pay market rates for black AEG's in country.

I've been around this community for six years and this is the first I've heard of eastcoastairsoft, so please do enlighten me.. Since you have a business and you're brand new here, by all means.
Kokanee is offline  
Old December 29th, 2009, 22:59   #43
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Hey Bjboi stick to ressurrecting Evike threads, no one cares how awesome you think Matt is
__________________
pusangani is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 00:12   #44
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjboi View Post
I support matt from eastcoast. We shouldn't argue if its goes through or not. We should hope that the laws would change someday. I ordered from matt and my gun went through, and im from Canada. Im pretty sure there's people out there who's member of airsoftcanada who ordered from eastcoastairsoft.com and he/she just doesnt wanna tell. I mean people from airsoftcanada sell's mad crazy expensive guns to fools, Dont get me wrong there's always a fool out there who would buy expensive airsoft like a pistol for 350 or 300 full metal when really he just bought it for 200. People with no experience or history of a legitimate business wouldn't know if www.eastcoastairsoft.com, I have a family business and trust me. Eastcoastairsoft.com is LEGIT. So fellow Canadian's lets not fight, just be thankful there's still a way to get full metal airsoft guns to Canada. PEACE!!!
Lol, You fail.
AngelusNex is offline  
Old December 31st, 2009, 12:02   #45
squeenix
craps0ft expurt
 
squeenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Is Cjboi's IP even from Canada?
squeenix is offline  
Closed ThreadTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://www.ultimateairsoft.ca/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.