Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Getting shot in the face sucks

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:00   #76
NovaKaynE
 
NovaKaynE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Durham Region
I've only ever been shot in the face twice. Both times were at FTF. Same place, all the time. I don't get it. First time was a bleeder, second time was a "did I just swallow a BB?"
__________________
The Distance Between Courage & Stupidity Is Exactly Nine Millimeters
NovaKaynE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:59   #77
Bryhaner
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prince George, BC
Haven't been shot in the face with bare skin yet, because I wear a balaclava. Try wearing one, or a mask, or bandana with a skull design from ebay or something.
Bryhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 13:45   #78
chronic
 
chronic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississauga,ON
So i got lots of hits on my body after a few games last week.


Funny enough, one on my arm and one on on the side of my torso look like paintball hits.. Anyone seen this before? The rest look like mosquito bites..
__________________
----------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 14:52   #79
rustysniper
 
rustysniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canal Flats BC
hehe...I got shot in the face about 4 times this last game weekend. Including one in the lip....one in the ear and the worst....one in the chin.
The thing about the chin shot was it was a ricochet.....and it buried itself in my chin. It was completely under the skin and I had to pop it out! The thing bled for hours.....
So that is the worst face strike I have ever had!
__________________
Semper Primus: Always First
rustysniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 15:27   #80
Frozen Tex
 
Frozen Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Yellowknife, NT, Great White North
I ate one last week; it bounced off my tongue and lodged inside a previously broken tooth... Happened during a panicked exchange of auto-fire with about 15 feet between me and the other guy (who was wearing a paintball mask, the wuss).
__________________

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 15:32   #81
chronic
 
chronic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississauga,ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysniper View Post
hehe...I got shot in the face about 4 times this last game weekend. Including one in the lip....one in the ear and the worst....one in the chin.
The thing about the chin shot was it was a ricochet.....and it buried itself in my chin. It was completely under the skin and I had to pop it out! The thing bled for hours.....
So that is the worst face strike I have ever had!
Umm, are you serious? you have just inspired me to wear paintball masks from now on... Were you wearing ANY face protection?
__________________
----------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 17:07   #82
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull
 
Aegiis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aper's neighbor
I first got a neoprene half-mask. Too damn hot, can't bear it for more than 5 minutes, so I moved to a mouthpiece, like hockey players use. Very good fit and all, but impossible to talk on the radio, so when I browsed ehobbyasia for some stuff, found this (not actual picture, took it from an earlier post in this thread)



I removed the lower mask, got rid of the shitty goggles, and using 2 small tie-wraps, attached it to my ESS goggles. Voil !!

Now I can freely speak, it does not fog at all the eyepiece, and I don't worry about being shot in the face anymore.
__________________

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 17:11   #83
ShelledPants
 
ShelledPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegiis View Post
I first got a neoprene half-mask. Too damn hot, can't bear it for more than 5 minutes, so I moved to a mouthpiece, like hockey players use. Very good fit and all, but impossible to talk on the radio, so when I browsed ehobbyasia for some stuff, found this (not actual picture, took it from an earlier post in this thread)



I removed the lower mask, got rid of the shitty goggles, and using 2 small tie-wraps, attached it to my ESS goggles. Voil !!

Now I can freely speak, it does not fog at all the eyepiece, and I don't worry about being shot in the face anymore.
I've been using this same setup for a little over a year, I find it gives the best mix of full face and good cheek weld on the rifle. Still not paintball approved, but fine for indoor CQB games at TTAC3.
__________________


r skal rsa, s er annars vill
f ea fjr hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi lfur
lr um getur n sofandi maur sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 21:32   #84
Martin
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
a shot in a lip is even worst
Knee kap shots hurt the worst for me...
__________________

ARSENAL:
-GALAXY MP5K
-CYMA Electric Glock
- Utg Master Gen 5 Sniper
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 16:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.