Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Crane stock battery

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:42   #16
AirArmory
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Thanks for your input, can you send me the link to a picture and brand of the battery u are using for your M15A4?? I feel more comfortable knowing that someone else has a battery that fits well in their CA M4. Thanks

DAGDA: Which 9.6V battery are u using for your CA M4?? Do you have a link? Thanks
https://airarmory.com/shopping/shope...0Battery&bc=no

here is an example of what i use... and like the most. Its an intellect brothers 9.6v "Custom" crane stock battery. this configuration is 3600 mah, but the mah hours on the C cells can go up to 4500 i believe with out changing form factor. Its just a price difference.

The major notable difference between this batt and its closest competitors are the tabs and the leads connecting the cells.

For example the tabs on the intellect battery are much more solidly connected. on the powerizer batteries there is one lead which can easily be accidentally pulled off.

Also on the intellect brand battery the lead that runs the length of the battery is flat. This makes it ideal for inserting into the buffer tube of your gun and getting the full range of stock motion. some other batteries will have a clear hump on the side of the battery which will inhibit the placement of the battery and the motion of the stock.

Many places you order these batteries from will simply make them in the back from loose cells with a shrink wrap machine and some wire and it can show. Intellect Brother batteries when ordered how i like them are made by the manufacture in china and shipped to the us as a completed product properly spec'd out for airsoft.

Horror stories about the local RC hobby shop and low amperage custom batts need not apply here.

sorry i cant help with getting you any of these things right now (IB Batts), gotta work out a better arrangement for imports. We like to get our customers good prices. Need to reestablish with the china guys because second rate us resellers are no good for us customers.

anyway... hope i did just say wayyy to much! lol
AirArmory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 19:10   #17
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirArmory View Post
https://airarmory.com/shopping/shope...0Battery&bc=no

here is an example of what i use... and like the most. Its an intellect brothers 9.6v "Custom" crane stock battery. this configuration is 3600 mah, but the mah hours on the C cells can go up to 4500 i believe with out changing form factor. Its just a price difference.

The major notable difference between this batt and its closest competitors are the tabs and the leads connecting the cells.

For example the tabs on the intellect battery are much more solidly connected. on the powerizer batteries there is one lead which can easily be accidentally pulled off.


Also on the intellect brand battery the lead that runs the length of the battery is flat. This makes it ideal for inserting into the buffer tube of your gun and getting the full range of stock motion. some other batteries will have a clear hump on the side of the battery which will inhibit the placement of the battery and the motion of the stock.

Many places you order these batteries from will simply make them in the back from loose cells with a shrink wrap machine and some wire and it can show. Intellect Brother batteries when ordered how i like them are made by the manufacture in china and shipped to the us as a completed product properly spec'd out for airsoft.

Horror stories about the local RC hobby shop and low amperage custom batts need not apply here.

sorry i cant help with getting you any of these things right now (IB Batts), gotta work out a better arrangement for imports. We like to get our customers good prices. Need to reestablish with the china guys because second rate us resellers are no good for us customers.

anyway... hope i did just say wayyy to much! lol
Thanks for your thorough reply!! Besides the link you sent me, do you know where I can get one of these batteries? Either a Intellect Brother or a Sanyo. Thanks!!
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:45   #18
AirArmory
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Thanks for your thorough reply!! Besides the link you sent me, do you know where I can get one of these batteries? Either a Intellect Brother or a Sanyo. Thanks!!
TSD rebrands Intellect batteries and sells them to allot of airsoft shops, generally at the wrong price because they have to deal with paying for the TSD markup... but i'm sure if you use "the google" you'll find something.
AirArmory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:29   #19
GSK88
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: T-dot
Turok,
This is where I got my battery for a CA Crane Stock. Don't mind the simple looking design of the website, they're amazing. Custom any cells into almost all configurations and their customer service is incredible. Very quick replies to questions regarding dimensions and their custom page allows you to select various models of AEGs to compare what some people have used before. Might be a taaad price, ie $10-30 more but it's worth it for a well made custom pack.


http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?sid=1588185
GSK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:34   #20
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants
 
Armyissue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Port Credit
Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Hello turok,
I have 2 of the tenergy 4200 mah 9.6 in stock at the moment the subc $79.95
in mississauga, so you can let me know when your coming and i'll hook you up (oh pun)
Cheers
Jeroon
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 13:22   #21
m102404
Tys
 
m102404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Get the sub-c packs. Sanyo, GP, Intellect (I made my own...ugly as sin but it works well).

If you get the 4/5A-2/3A-AA whatever cells...they'll rattle around in your CA Crane stock and bug the crap out of you.

Those "A" cell packs are meant for the KA/G&P crane/mod/clubfoot stocks that are slimmer.

Go easy on closing your stock...with SubC cells it's a tight fit and there's not a lot of room in most stock tubes with the retaining screw in place. Lots of guys slice through their wires because they aren't careful.

Consider a "LiPo" stock tube...they're thinner walled (but still pretty stiff) and the retaining screw/plate is set really far down the pipe. The extra room will be handy for the battery cells and wiring when you collapse your stock.

Or...just don't collapse your stock...
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 20:11   #22
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Hello turok,
I have 2 of the tenergy 4200 mah 9.6 in stock at the moment the subc $79.95
in mississauga, so you can let me know when your coming and i'll hook you up (oh pun)
Cheers
Jeroon
AHHH! Thanks, Ill contact you ASAP when i finish with my research!
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 23:20   #23
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey guys, would you be able to direct me to a newb page that explains the difference between lipo and the regular nicad battery, and also an explanation of the benefits of sub-c cells. I feel bad for always asking u guys, so if u have the resource, would u be kind enough to provide it for me? thanks
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 03:00   #24
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I was actually going through cheapbatterypacks.com and I came up to this page:

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/mai...r=20&model=176

If you scroll to the bottom, im thinking about getting the Sanyo CP2400SCR.

How do i know which AWG wire to use?
What about the connector?
Does the "With upgrade" option really make a big difference?

Thanks!
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:34   #25
m102404
Tys
 
m102404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Really not that hard...

16AWG wire is fine. Larger is better...but if it's too big (and depending on how they run the wire down the middle cells) it won't fit your stock tube. See their warning about them not being responsible for it not fitting? Best to measure the inside diameter of your tube and ask them. Some packs are made with a flat metal strip running along the pack instead of round, insulated wire.

Small connectors are not good enough. Large connectors at a minimum. DEANs are better. Nice part about deans is that if you goof and yank your stock off...hopefully the deans will separate and you won't rip your wires off...whereas a small/large connector is locked in.

Don't know what they mean by upgrade.

You could just take it to Jeroon and test fit it...or ask Jugglez to simply order in the one you need...
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:07   #26
ujiro
 
ujiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Burlington, ON
Send a message via MSN to ujiro
The "upgrade" I believe is they just solder the packs by hand using a high silver content material, to decrease the pack resistance.
__________________
I love freedom and consequently America
ujiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:21   #27
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
ok after doing some more research, ive come down to these options

1. Sanyo 9.6V (cheapbatterypacks)
2. Intellect 9.6V (Cheapbatterypacks)
3. Premium Power 11.1v 1300mah 20C Li-Po Crane Battery (http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1281)

Which one do u think will be the best for my CA M15A4 crane stock?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 16:38   #28
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
ALRIGHT!! I think i made up my mind. im going to get a sanyo 9.6v 2400mAH CP2400SCR
from cheap battery packs and a Universal NPT Smart Charger from airsoftparts.ca!!
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 16:47   #29
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
AHHH! Thanks, Ill contact you ASAP when i finish with my research!
I wouldn't recommend Tenergy packs, they're generally crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
ok after doing some more research, ive come down to these options

1. Sanyo 9.6V (cheapbatterypacks)
2. Intellect 9.6V (Cheapbatterypacks)
3. Premium Power 11.1v 1300mah 20C Li-Po Crane Battery (http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1281)

Which one do u think will be the best for my CA M15A4 crane stock?
I'd recommend the Elite cells.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services

Last edited by Styrak; May 22nd, 2009 at 16:50..
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 22:25   #30
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Elite Cells are better than the Sanyo ones?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.