Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Meh, teh Noobie Questions

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:56   #1
Steven666
 
Join Date: May 2009
Smile Meh, teh Noobie Questions

Hello, I am Steven

I am 14 years old and I really feel like getting into Airsoft as a hobbie
I understand that I am not able to enter any arenas.

But I am wondering which Guns I should get.

I am looking to pay $500.00
I really like the Electrical M4A1, I would like to know if Electrical is any good?

Should I get an scope and which kind? brand?
What Brand of Gun should I buy?

Also, is this gun worth getting

http://www.mach1airsoft.com/web/cata...om&id=11&cat=3

And I would like to introduce myself O:

Last edited by Steven666; May 10th, 2009 at 18:06..
Steven666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:02   #2
aznpos531
 
aznpos531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
i believe that this thread will play out something like this:

- you will be told that you should wait until you're 18
- you will be told that if you are thinking of getting into airsoft you should:
1. get familiar with the sport; do more research and find out as much as you can
2. learn about team dynamics and how games work; attend games and watch.
3. focus on getting gear now, save up and get a good gun when you're 18
aznpos531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:12   #3
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw
 
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpos531 View Post
i believe that this thread will play out something like this:

- you will be told that you should wait until you're 18
- you will be told that if you are thinking of getting into airsoft you should:
1. get familiar with the sport; do more research and find out as much as you can
2. learn about team dynamics and how games work; attend games and watch.
3. focus on getting gear now, save up and get a good gun when you're 18
In a nutshell, yes.
__________________
My trust is in whiskey, in weed and in Slayer, its GODDAMN ELECTRIC - Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:13   #4
Bowers
 
Bowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpos531 View Post
3. focus on getting gear now, save up and get a good gun when you're 18
nah in four years hes probly gonna grow gear that fits him now probably wont fit him when hes 18
__________________
拳法
The Greyman Doctrine
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:15   #5
aznpos531
 
aznpos531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpos531 View Post
i believe that this thread will play out something like this:

- you will be told that you should wait until you're 18
- you will be told that if you are thinking of getting into airsoft you should:
1. get familiar with the sport; do more research and find out as much as you can
2. learn about team dynamics and how games work; attend games and watch.
3. focus on getting gear that will fit you when you're 18 now, save up and get a good gun when you're 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSF-Bowers View Post
nah in four years hes probly gonna grow gear that fits him now probably wont fit him when hes 18
fixed! hahaha
aznpos531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:17   #6
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
yep, right on the head,

Steven, go play paintball for now and work on your marksmanship skills etc. and do your own research for when the time comes for buying your first gun in 4 years.
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:10   #7
Steven666
 
Join Date: May 2009
I don't really need to work on my skills
Steven666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:29   #8
ShelledPants
 
ShelledPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
I don't really need to work on my skills
If you don't treat everything as a learning experience, you will never get better. Just because you can hit a target in your backyard at 30' doesn't mean you can hit a moving target at 150', while taking fire, and moving to a new location.

__________________


r skal rsa, s er annars vill
f ea fjr hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi lfur
lr um getur n sofandi maur sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:37   #9
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
If you don't treat everything as a learning experience, you will never get better. Just because you can hit a target in your backyard at 30' doesn't mean you can hit a moving target at 150', while taking fire, and moving to a new location.

and juggling 27 lite grenades.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:37   #10
Steven666
 
Join Date: May 2009
I understand what your saying

I just wish I was 16-18 right now so I could go and play
Steven666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:42   #11
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
I understand what your saying

I just wish I was 16-18 right now so I could go and play
Airsoft isn't going anywhere. Just be patient
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:45   #12
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Well I just have to say, I waited 3 years (15 to 18) before I could start playing. While waiting I read everything I could about how the guns work and many reviews. I ended up having enough money for a Tm AUG for my first gun and knowing right away how to work on it.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 13:54   #13
guysullavin
 
guysullavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara on the Lake, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
Hello, I am Steven

I am 14 years old and I really feel like getting into Airsoft as a hobbie
I understand that I am not able to enter any arenas.

But I am wondering which Guns I should get.

I am looking to pay $500.00
I really like the Electrical M4A1, I would like to know if Electrical is any good?

Should I get an scope and which kind? brand?
What Brand of Gun should I buy?

And I would like to introduce myself O:
if you are seriously impatient you can always get your parents to buy you a clear gun to play with then when your 18 get serious, but that's only if your parents co-operate

also, don't defy some clear guns, there's some really high-quality ones out there, not metal quality, but high quality none-of-the-less
guysullavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 14:00   #14
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by guysullavin View Post
if you are seriously impatient you can always get your parents to buy you a clear gun to play with then when your 18 get serious, but that's only if your parents co-operate

also, don't defy some clear guns, there's some really high-quality ones out there, not metal quality, but high quality none-of-the-less
Generally ASC does not suggest this.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 14:02   #15
cdn-mfg-AirsoftAssault.com
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Barrie Ontario
hmmm

I hear of new players starting off with the Tactical force and After-Math Airsoft guns.
cdn-mfg-AirsoftAssault.com is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.