Airsoft Canada
http://www.ultimateairsoft.ca/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Changing receivers

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:19   #16
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Seriously?

I see full metal M4's for sale in the classifieds far more often than M4 recievers.
Hey Kalnaren, yeah Im trying to find a brand new full metal M4 that comes with RIS/RAS with a crane stock. I prefer G&P, but if not, then CA or WA. Ive been checking the AV retailers and the for sale section each day and pm'ing retailers but alot of them either dont do custom orders or dont have it so buying a G&G M4 and swapping the receiver is my best bet. If you know anyone that is selling brand new M4, give me a shout, thanks bro
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:21   #17
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey,

will these two receivers fit on the G&G GR16 R4 commando?

http://www.shootsoft.ca/clearsoft/pr...roducts_id=125

http://www.shootsoft.ca/clearsoft/pr...roducts_id=122

These are both from G&P, so i take it they are good and require minor modifications to fit?

THANKS!
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 23:48   #18
LeGROS
 
LeGROS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: back on 15 of April!!!... Viva Cuba!!
yes they will!
__________________
ALPHA unit, because there is no one else for that job!
LeGROS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 23:53   #19
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner
 
Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Lambert, Quebec
Hey turok_t, if I may suggest it. I did the exact same thing as you buya G&G and then a full metal receiver for it. It may actually cost less to just buy a full black gun to begin with .
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 00:05   #20
Crunchmeister
 
Crunchmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In your bedroom going though your underwear drawer
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD I. MAIDEN View Post
Would you be able to give me some sort of idea as to exactly what type of modifications you are having to do with a D-boys metal reciever for proper fitment..I'm guessing a dremel tool is essential?..I am thinking of a D-boys metal reciever just because of the availability...will it be more of a headache to work with ?..would it be advisable to try to locate a better quality reciever..just to avoid the potential frustration?..EDWARD
Dboys receivers sometimes have tight mag wells. Usually high-caps will fit well, as well as some plastic mags. But low and midcap mags will be very tight. So it involves sanding down the areas in the mag well that are too tight. Also, the little disc on the selector switch is often quite thick, causing problem with switching or putting pressure on one fo the bushings and gear axels, causing the bearbox to lock up. That can also be fixed with a dremel, or just buying a new selector switch.

That's pretty much all you may encounter with a DBoys receiver.
__________________
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 00:24   #21
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner
 
Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Lambert, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Dboys receivers sometimes have tight mag wells. Usually high-caps will fit well, as well as some plastic mags. But low and midcap mags will be very tight. So it involves sanding down the areas in the mag well that are too tight. Also, the little disc on the selector switch is often quite thick, causing problem with switching or putting pressure on one fo the bushings and gear axels, causing the bearbox to lock up. That can also be fixed with a dremel, or just buying a new selector switch.

That's pretty much all you may encounter with a DBoys receiver.
+1 Crunch is right.
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 00:36   #22
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris
 
yuhaoyang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton west
Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
just remember DBoys is cheap pot-metal
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftonius View Post
I'll bet Ronan was the one who sent that email.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:46   #23
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by notom66866 View Post
Hey turok_t, if I may suggest it. I did the exact same thing as you buya G&G and then a full metal receiver for it. It may actually cost less to just buy a full black gun to begin with .
Hey notom, thanks for the input. Ive been trying to find a G&P or WA full metal M4 that comes with a RIS/RAS but im having no luck. So my only is to buy a G&G and exchange the receiver I rather just buy a full metal M4 with RIS/RAS to begin with unless if ure willing to sell me yours??

EDIT: Believe me, if I was to be buying a full metal receiver, it would be G&P ones that I have posted in my previous msg, NOT Dboys.
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:58   #24
SHaKaL
 
SHaKaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
I plan to buy a g&p metal body for my g&gm16a3... i asked around and they are the best bang for the buck you can find. King arm seem to be better but didnt find any seller in Canada for them.
__________________
HellRanger 1969-2007 LRRP FOREVER

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 02:27   #25
EDWARD I. MAIDEN
 
EDWARD I. MAIDEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN..FOR NOW..TILL' MY RIDE SHOW'S UP...
Hey there CRUNCHMEISTER..Thank you very much for a reply to a future project..I am one for detail's and your explanation was really insightful and will assist me in my jouney into the unknown..lol..I actually am really looking forward to building a weapon from the receiver out..gotta real cool stock on the way and currently window shopping here ,there, everywhere for internal's as well as external's to finish er' off..get it looking like a reeeaal kick-ass, fire breathin', turn around an' run before I shoot you with my gun feelin'..YEAH BABY!! YEAH!!..AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!....MARYJANE!!!..WHEW!.. WOW!..lol..alright now..thank's for the greatly valued input Crunch(Airsoft fountain of knowledge)..peace ..EDWARD..lol..
__________________
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath,because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast for it is a human number, its number is Six Hundred and Sixty-six."(Revelations Ch.x111 v18)

Last edited by EDWARD I. MAIDEN; May 3rd, 2009 at 02:31..
EDWARD I. MAIDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:10   #26
theguy
 
theguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Waterloo, ON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Hey notom, thanks for the input. Ive been trying to find a G&P or WA full metal M4 .
To my knowledge, the only M4s made by Western Arms are their GGB M4s, and those are ridiculasly expensive, use rare and unique parts, and the mags are a hundred plus bucks a throw.

That being said, WA makes amazing stuff, i just don't think thats what you had in mind
__________________
Quote:
It's better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 14:51   #27
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy View Post
To my knowledge, the only M4s made by Western Arms are their GGB M4s, and those are ridiculasly expensive, use rare and unique parts, and the mags are a hundred plus bucks a throw.

That being said, WA makes amazing stuff, i just don't think thats what you had in mind
Hey thanks for your reply! Yes, i checked their site and most of their M4's are GBB, but I didnt know they were uber expensive, but thanks for informing me. Any idea where I can get a G&P M4? I tried everywhere!!
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 16:01   #28
theguy
 
theguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Waterloo, ON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Hey thanks for your reply! Yes, i checked their site and most of their M4's are GBB, but I didnt know they were uber expensive, but thanks for informing me. Any idea where I can get a G&P M4? I tried everywhere!!
Couldn't help you with that one, as i myself am not 18, and therefore not verrified :P

Although, G&P is a great brand, defanitly a good choice
__________________
Quote:
It's better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://www.ultimateairsoft.ca/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.