Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Jg m4a1

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:21   #1
stewy
 
stewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg,
Jg m4a1

okay

well i just got the JG M4A1 now i been told by my buddy that i need to oil it and adjust the hop up but im afraid to do this cuz im a first time owner it right out of the box and it didn't come with the manual. any advice to do this anyone else have the same kind and any advice what i should be aware of this gun?? or plm that will show up?

thank you Cheer!!
stewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:37   #2
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
You don't need to oil the hop-up. Purpose of the hop-up is to create friction. Purpose of oil is to reduce friction.

Only thing the JG would really need is metal bushings if it doesn't have any. Otherwise you'll be fine using it stock for a while.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:41   #3
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
you don't NEED to oil it. When your shooting it for the first time you'll need to adjust the hop up though. just shoot in an open area (in the country or airsoft field) and adjust the knob inside the gun that is exposed by pulling the cocking handle back simply turn it clockwise or counter clock wise to adjust the bb flight path to get the most straight trajectory.


And the metal bushings aren't REQUIRED just something you should get and install if you ever are going into the mechbox.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:19   #4
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua
 
SHÖCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
You don't need to oil the hop-up. Purpose of the hop-up is to create friction. Purpose of oil is to reduce friction.

Only thing the JG would really need is metal bushings if it doesn't have any. Otherwise you'll be fine using it stock for a while.
I was under the impression that all JGs came with metal bushings aside from the very earliest releases a couple years ago. Heck, some of them even come with ball bearing gears.
__________________
SHÖCK
SHÖCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:25   #5
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
No, early JGs didn't have metal bushings.
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:36   #6
NoGear
likes being humiliated
 
NoGear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Surrey BC
yea they don't i would know but the new ones do come with metal bushings!
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:48   #7
Crunchmeister
 
Crunchmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In your bedroom going though your underwear drawer
Some newer JG guns have metal bushings, some nylon. Not sure exactly which specific models some with which.
__________________
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 15:15   #8
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
Most guns are shipped with hop-up totally off.

Just shoot it a bit and play with the hop-up (the knob that you see when you expose the dust cover, mine is blue). It should look like this:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/h...withBarrel.jpg

You'll know when your hop-up setting is good when you get the straightest and furthest trajectory without the BB going "upwards" as it exits the barrel. Also use one weight of BB only, otherwise if you switch weights you'll have to play with the hop-up again to get it to the right setting for the weight you're using currently.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 15:39   #9
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post
okay

well i just got the JG M4A1 now i been told by my buddy that i need to oil it and adjust the hop up but im afraid to do this cuz im a first time owner it right out of the box and it didn't come with the manual. any advice to do this anyone else have the same kind and any advice what i should be aware of this gun?? or plm that will show up?

thank you Cheer!!
stewy, don't do anything with that gun. Just shoot, adjust hopup so it shoots straight, and have fun!
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 16:17   #10
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK View Post
I was under the impression that all JGs came with metal bushings aside from the very earliest releases a couple years ago. Heck, some of them even come with ball bearing gears.
I was under the impression there's no such thing as ball bearing gears

There are brearings (sometimes called bearing bushings), but AFAIK no JG guns come with them.. and frankly I wouldn't trust any that did.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 18:55   #11
stewy
 
stewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg,
okay thank you man so how do i adjust the hopup then??? oh i will have fun with that gun my first game with the m4 will be this sunday oh i can't wait!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
stewy, don't do anything with that gun. Just shoot, adjust hopup so it shoots straight, and have fun!
stewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 20:54   #12
FlyingCats
 
FlyingCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oakville,Ontario
Send a message via MSN to FlyingCats
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post
okay thank you man so how do i adjust the hopup then??? oh i will have fun with that gun my first game with the m4 will be this sunday oh i can't wait!!!!
I'm pretty sure you pull Chamber Release back, which takes off the chamber fap and pull the Chamber Release back again and hold it, then You'll see a gear which you can adjust. Moving the gear down(I think) makes the hop-up go up and moving the gear up makes the hop-up go down.
__________________
Loadout:
ICS M4A1 Carbine

Accessories
2 m4 hi-caps, 5 m4 mid caps

houston vest
FlyingCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 21:15   #13
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCats View Post
I'm pretty sure you pull cocking lever back, which opens the ejection port cover. You'll see a gear which you can adjust. Moving the gear down(I think) makes the hop-up go up and moving the gear up makes the hop-up go down.
Fixed.

Not sure about JG M4s, on them the ejection port cover may just be spring held shut instead of latched.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 21:18   #14
FlyingCats
 
FlyingCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oakville,Ontario
Send a message via MSN to FlyingCats
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Fixed.

Not sure about JG M4s, on them the ejection port cover may just be spring held shut instead of latched.
Thank you. I looked up the parts but i couldn't find the names but thank you.
__________________
Loadout:
ICS M4A1 Carbine

Accessories
2 m4 hi-caps, 5 m4 mid caps

houston vest
FlyingCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 21:21   #15
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCats View Post
Thank you. I looked up the parts but i couldn't find the names but thank you.
No worries. You had the right idea.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.