Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Clear plastic

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 18th, 2009, 15:46   #1
shiloh
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Angry Clear plastic

Hello

Has the laws changed in Canada regarding Airsoft Guns having to be clear plastic on some % of gun and replica laws? A couple years ago I tried to order a Thompson airsoft replica...but was stopped at the border. Now on this site I see guns that do not have to meet thoughts laws. I call the CFO office at the time got a big NO!! can't have it.
shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 15:52   #2
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
only special ppl with the appropriate licences or better methods of smuggling are allowed to import these full black guns, the rest of us must pay whatever they ask, you can however legally import a gun so long as the receiver is clear
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 16:13   #3
shiloh
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
only special ppl with the appropriate licences or better methods of smuggling are allowed to import these full black guns, the rest of us must pay whatever they ask, you can however legally import a gun so long as the receiver is clear
Well if you can't own them how do you keep them from being taken...for the %#% laws of Canada.
shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 16:16   #4
Donster
 
Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ontario
god. ok. you CAN own them. it is LEGAL to own them. You CANT IMPORT airosft guns unless the receiver that carries the serial number on the real version is clear. So, for M4 style guns, they must have a clear lower receiver, or else you cant import them on your own. for MP5 style guns, they must have a clear upper receiver. etc.

That being said, there are people who have connections on this site, who are able to import non-clear guns legally. they are then sold on the classified (which you can access if your are age verified) for a huge (but justified) markup. there are also people who smuggle the guns in. i hope that answers your questions
__________________
(SFW:Check out this band!)www.myspace.com/maryroseobsession

Last edited by Donster; April 18th, 2009 at 16:36..
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 16:25   #5
Crunchmeister
 
Crunchmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In your bedroom going though your underwear drawer
You're age verified, so just check the classifieds. There are a lot of non-clear guns for your buying pleasure.
__________________
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 16:28   #6
shiloh
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
god. ok. you CAN own them. it is LEGAL to own them. You CANT IMPORT airosft guns unless the receiver that carries the serial number on the real version is clear. So, for M4 style guns, they must have a clear lower receiver, or else you cant import them on your own. for MP5 style guns, they must have a clear upper receiver. etc.

That being said, there are people who have connections on this site, who are able to import non-clear guns legally. they are then sold on the classified (which you can access if your are age verified) for a huge (but justified markup). there are also people who smuggle the guns in. i hope that answers your questions
Okay got it!!....%#%# Canadian laws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 16:30   #7
shiloh
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
You're age verified, so just check the classifieds. There are a lot of non-clear guns for your buying pleasure.
I see there for sale...just didn't know we could get them or have them!
shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 16:38   #8
Donster
 
Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiloh View Post
I see there for sale...just didn't know we could get them or have them!
now dont get us wrong. you can buy them and such, but if you are stupid with them (i.e.: wave them around in plain view or by your open window, point them at people etc etc) and are seen, those who saw you, could call the cops, and they can take your guns away. you could argue that you are legally allowed to own them, but they will probably say, you were stupid with them and we are taking them away. remember, if you point an airsoft gun at a person, you will be charged as if it were a real gun.
__________________
(SFW:Check out this band!)www.myspace.com/maryroseobsession
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.