Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Battery charging time

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 17th, 2009, 20:44   #1
W1z4rd0f0z
a.k.a. PsychoJay
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal et Quebec, Qc
Battery charging time

Hi everyone,

My question is this : how long do I have to charge my AEG battery?

I have just receive a A47-03 Dragunov (first "real" airsoft) and the manual do not specify how much time I need to charge it. I know that the first time is always longer but I have no idea how long...

The battery is a 8.4v 1100mAh Hyper Command Battery

Thanks!
W1z4rd0f0z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 20:46   #2
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoJay View Post
Hi everyone,

My question is this : how long do I have to charge my AEG battery?

I have just receive a A47-03 Dragunov (first "real" airsoft) and the manual do not specify how much time I need to charge it. I know that the first time is always longer but I have no idea how long...

The battery is a 8.4v 1100mAh Hyper Command Battery

Thanks!
are you using the wall wart that comes with the original battery?
read off the specs on the adapter.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 22:19   #3
W1z4rd0f0z
a.k.a. PsychoJay
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal et Quebec, Qc
Yeah i'm using the default battery... for now

There's no useful information on the adapter. I've check on the battery and it's saying the standard charge time is 14-15 hrs (110mA) and the fast charging is 2-2.5 hrs (550mA). I'm not sure I understand. Is the standard charge is the time for the first charge?

I'm confuse...
W1z4rd0f0z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 22:25   #4
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
think that means for a good charger. Get yourself a decent charger or else you'll just kill your battery.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 22:26   #5
ujiro
 
ujiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Burlington, ON
Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Should only need about 2 hours on the fast charge mode. Thats what I would do. like 2 hours 15 minutes on the fast charge.
__________________
I love freedom and consequently America
ujiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 22:27   #6
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoJay View Post
Yeah i'm using the default battery... for now

There's no useful information on the adapter. I've check on the battery and it's saying the standard charge time is 14-15 hrs (110mA) and the fast charging is 2-2.5 hrs (550mA). I'm not sure I understand. Is the standard charge is the time for the first charge?

I'm confuse...
all wall warts are going to have it's input and output ratings on it.

standard charge is at the 110mah rate which would imply you have a charger that has 2 settings which I doubt you have so the charge time is most likely 14-15 hours all the time for a full charge.

invest in a good charger. airsoftparts.ca
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 22:29   #7
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
Should only need about 2 hours on the fast charge mode. Thats what I would do. like 2 hours 15 minutes on the fast charge.
sounds like he's using the wall wart. no fast charging on it.

fast charge for me is 15-20ish minutes. but that's hammering the battery at 4+ amps.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 22:33   #8
W1z4rd0f0z
a.k.a. PsychoJay
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal et Quebec, Qc
Ok...

Thanks! I'll check for buying a good charger.
W1z4rd0f0z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 09:27   #9
FlyingCats
 
FlyingCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oakville,Ontario
Send a message via MSN to FlyingCats
Heres a good charger:

http://velocityarms.ca/index.php?mai...roducts_id=208

and its free shipping so its a good price.
__________________
Loadout:
ICS M4A1 Carbine

Accessories
2 m4 hi-caps, 5 m4 mid caps

houston vest
FlyingCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2009, 23:53   #10
Mr. G36!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Beautiful Thunder Bay, where dreams become nightmares!
Out of curiosity, does anyone have or know of a tried & true battery charging formula?

This is the formula I found and have been using since forever, but maybe it's totally out to lunch and I'm under-charging my batteries:

Ni-Cd = Battery Capacity (/) Charger Output (X) 1.4 hours
Ni-Mh = Battery Capacity (/) Charger Output (X) 1.5 hours


Any news?
Mr. G36! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 00:12   #11
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G36! View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone have or know of a tried & true battery charging formula?

This is the formula I found and have been using since forever, but maybe it's totally out to lunch and I'm under-charging my batteries:

Ni-Cd = Battery Capacity (/) Charger Output (X) 1.4 hours
Ni-Mh = Battery Capacity (/) Charger Output (X) 1.5 hours


Any news?
Tried and true, smart charger. Shuts itself off the instant it detects the batteries are full, no need for any math.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 00:38   #12
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
If I *have* to calculate it:

Battery Mah / Charge Rate * 1.2 (80% efficiency, typical Ni-Mah).

Or just charge it till it gets warm.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 03:08   #13
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G36! View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone have or know of a tried & true battery charging formula?

This is the formula I found and have been using since forever, but maybe it's totally out to lunch and I'm under-charging my batteries:

Ni-Cd = Battery Capacity (/) Charger Output (X) 1.4 hours
Ni-Mh = Battery Capacity (/) Charger Output (X) 1.5 hours


Any news?
Like was said, get a good smart charger and you don't need math.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 09:47   #14
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulcrum View Post
Tried and true, smart charger. Shuts itself off the instant it detects the batteries are full, no need for any math.
addition: a lot of models will end the charge and go into a trickle charge mode.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.