Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What the heck CBSA is doing...

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 15th, 2009, 21:56   #31
KND
* AV revoked *
 
KND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Downtown Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemegacool View Post
or just ask the shipper to remove the trigger... problem solved! lol
lol, now we got a new trick.

Not sure if they will seized my lower mechbox for my ICS M4 on the mail.

KND
__________________

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 21:57   #32
Metninja
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
The CBSA should be snuffed out of existence. I'm moving in a few weeks and the stuff I have been waiting for since March 4th (1911 slide, 4.3 mag, some other non restricted parts) is still going to be sitting there.
Metninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 22:34   #33
iamyou
 
iamyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Downtown Toronto
Well... those are the guys in office...
Whatever tricks, valid or not, we just don't have a say on this...
My hope is that we can have more retailers in airsoft
iamyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:22   #34
Rumpel Felt
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
The CBSA should just be mad to actually operate within the bounds of law and....general sanity. A mechbox is not only a paper weight without a toy gun to put it in, but it's also not even applicable to any other situation in life. WTF else could you do with it.... It's the most toyish part of a bigger toy.

They should actually make their employees informed to laws such as those to do with firearms. If recievers are illegal fine. Again, I put $100 on the line that says if I ordered and AEG and had everything shipped, but reciever, it'd be siezed....because it looks scary and the seizee knows nothing about firearms.

Anyway, fight for things that get seized that have no history of being seized before. It's an attack on our rights and freedoms.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:48   #35
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpel Felt View Post
The CBSA should just be mad to actually operate within the bounds of law and....general sanity. A mechbox is not only a paper weight without a toy gun to put it in, but it's also not even applicable to any other situation in life. WTF else could you do with it.... It's the most toyish part of a bigger toy.

They should actually make their employees informed to laws such as those to do with firearms. If recievers are illegal fine. Again, I put $100 on the line that says if I ordered and AEG and had everything shipped, but reciever, it'd be siezed....because it looks scary and the seizee knows nothing about firearms.

Anyway, fight for things that get seized that have no history of being seized before. It's an attack on our rights and freedoms.
very true, the fact that the gearbox is actually the internal parts of the gun means that the person importing it is actually planning on using the gun for what it was intended to and not as a "Scary assault rifle machine gun" for sticking up convenience stores, which is what their real job is to prevent.
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:53   #36
mcguyver
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern Alberta
The job of the CBSA is to uphold the law.

When the law was written by a bunch of blind monkey Liberal anti gun zealots with no opposable thumbs, you get a mish mash of odd regs that don't make sense, are unenforcable or are so vague to be useless. So, they get together whatever "experts" they can find to try to make sense of it all, and then they make policy based on that.

They have a shitty deal, just like we all do, and know less about things that one would think, because so little is "carved in stone" and varies from one agent to the next.

We might as well had the Marx brothers make up our gun laws, at least we might have gotten a laugh out of it.
__________________
Age verifier Northern Alberta

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:55   #37
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
what troubles me is that is a new development in the cbsa's war on airsoft, they've known what gearboxes are for years and have let so many through, so it's retarded that they would suddenly deem these things prohibited overnight
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:57   #38
mcguyver
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern Alberta
Mine came through today. It wasn't even inspected, and listed a gearbox on the manifest, as well as coming form an airsoft retailer.

Depends who looks at it.
__________________
Age verifier Northern Alberta

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 03:00   #39
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
most of the seizures have been in Ontario's Mississauga office, they are extra intelligent over at that one, I heard one of their minions call a stick battery a suppressor once, true story
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 03:47   #40
aZn_triXta07
 
aZn_triXta07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
most of the seizures have been in Ontario's Mississauga office, they are extra intelligent over at that one, I heard one of their minions call a stick battery a suppressor once, true story
It's the odd officer or two they got over there.

The normal two I know of generally have a bit of common sense.
__________________
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 09:18   #41
iamyou
 
iamyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Downtown Toronto
lol!!!
WOW! Terrific!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
most of the seizures have been in Ontario's Mississauga office, they are extra intelligent over at that one, I heard one of their minions call a stick battery a suppressor once, true story
iamyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 09:22   #42
iamyou
 
iamyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Downtown Toronto
I would laugh over the airsoft law here...
Those who know what AEGs or GBBs can do would never put it up on the street.
The thing is simple. Would you point a realistic looking toy gun to an officer while he points a real stuff at you? You wanna give him a 6mm bb while he returns the favor with a 9mm? That's just insane. Those news of guy taking the convenient stores with toy guns, that's just nuts and you can never do anything with nuts cuz they just happen...
iamyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 09:42   #43
Scopedog
 
Scopedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamyou View Post
I would laugh over the airsoft law here...
Those who know what AEGs or GBBs can do would never put it up on the street.
The thing is simple. Would you point a realistic looking toy gun to an officer while he points a real stuff at you? You wanna give him a 6mm bb while he returns the favor with a 9mm? That's just insane. Those news of guy taking the convenient stores with toy guns, that's just nuts and you can never do anything with nuts cuz they just happen...
The fact that there are people that DO use replica firearms to hold up convenience stores and the like is the very reason the laws became as they are today.

Granted, the gangs in major urban centers probably don't, as they have their "rep" to think about. The wannabes and crackheads are a different story.

The CBSA has a job to do, and as much as it impedes us we have to accept it because it isn't going to change anytime soon. Just be thankful that we can still get our parts and accessories.....for now.
__________________
Scopedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 10:32   #44
iamyou
 
iamyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Downtown Toronto
I agree with you...
Let's just not make it any worse, or we ll get nothing at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopedog View Post
The fact that there are people that DO use replica firearms to hold up convenience stores and the like is the very reason the laws became as they are today.

Granted, the gangs in major urban centers probably don't, as they have their "rep" to think about. The wannabes and crackheads are a different story.

The CBSA has a job to do, and as much as it impedes us we have to accept it because it isn't going to change anytime soon. Just be thankful that we can still get our parts and accessories.....for now.
iamyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 14:21   #45
D_Rastaman
 
D_Rastaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
UPDATE : Spoke to the CBSA-Prohibited Importations Unit Officer and basically what was said before, new staff calling the gearboxes "RECEIVERS" :smack: He also spoke to the newbie officer and informed him on what a receiver is. "We're only looking for upper/lower receivers and NOT gearboxes." Overall a nice guy...wait did i just say that ????

Everyone can relax now...
D_Rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.