Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canada Post update

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 10th, 2009, 03:05   #31
landwarrior
 
landwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
lol sometimes it the plane goes elsewhere first(Like Japan, for example), and then comes to Canada. I've had parcels take 4 days to arrive at canada after the "Item left the origin country"

By the way, the parcel is not officially handled by CP until it actually gets into Canada. So you can't go ahead and blame everything on CP... Not that I like CP at all.

I know it's your first purchase but your being way too insecure, give it some time, and be patient. It will come.
Thanks for the reassurance.
landwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 03:18   #32
landwarrior
 
landwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
I always thought that the only "tracking" that was done was when your package passed through a distribution center and was scanned... I usually only get something like:
  • Toronto Dist.
  • Some mid-Canadian Dist.
  • Calgary Dist.
  • Out for delivery.
Once it changes to "out for delivery" it usually takes anywhere from 1-3 days to get to my home.
LOL....wow...1-3 days?
landwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 05:53   #33
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by landwarrior View Post
Hey Guys

Do Canada post update their tracking daily? It's been three days and the tracking said "international item on route to Canada". Since I ordered from ehobby, should I check the Hong Kong Post mail tracking instead of relying on the Canada Post one?

Thanks

I just ordered a King Arms Crane stock, which is nothing bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landwarrior View Post
mannn, I hope ehobby gives me a refund OR send me another crane stock. OR if they can find it redirect to me.
Have you considered the possibility it takes more than 3 days for an item halfway across the world to get to you?

Have a little patience.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 07:08   #34
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Usually when it comes to items from over seas make sure to order way ahead of the time you need them. Personally for me if I am ordering from over seas I will try to order atleast a minimum of 3 weeks ahead of time to budget in 2 weeks for the item to travel and 1 week for it to sit in customs.

Out of the 4 items I recieved in the mail today, only one has been updated to show that it was delivered, while the other 3 have still not been updated. 1 item that I recieved from over seas still shows that it is in customs even though its sitting in my closet.

When I order from asia I usually dont even bother checking the tracking number for atleast a few days after I get it. Since it usually will not work or the item has not even left the country yet. Afterwards all I use that tracking number is to see when it reaches Canada. Afterwards I just used Canada posts website to see when it gets released, but for the most part I usually dont bother since tracking barely ever updates anyways.

If insurance is available, even if its only a couple of bucks. I recommend purchasing it on your parcels. Atleast that way if and when the item is lost you are covered for the most part.

Dealing with Canada post can be alot like airsoft sometimes, paitence is key.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:54   #35
FlyingCats
 
FlyingCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oakville,Ontario
Send a message via MSN to FlyingCats
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Usually when it comes to items from over seas make sure to order way ahead of the time you need them. Personally for me if I am ordering from over seas I will try to order atleast a minimum of 3 weeks ahead of time to budget in 2 weeks for the item to travel and 1 week for it to sit in customs.

Out of the 4 items I recieved in the mail today, only one has been updated to show that it was delivered, while the other 3 have still not been updated. 1 item that I recieved from over seas still shows that it is in customs even though its sitting in my closet.

When I order from asia I usually dont even bother checking the tracking number for atleast a few days after I get it. Since it usually will not work or the item has not even left the country yet. Afterwards all I use that tracking number is to see when it reaches Canada. Afterwards I just used Canada posts website to see when it gets released, but for the most part I usually dont bother since tracking barely ever updates anyways.

If insurance is available, even if its only a couple of bucks. I recommend purchasing it on your parcels. Atleast that way if and when the item is lost you are covered for the most part.

Dealing with Canada post can be alot like airsoft sometimes, paitence is key.
That is correct, canadapost doesn't really care about how long it takes to get here, they just do the job no matter what.
__________________
Loadout:
ICS M4A1 Carbine

Accessories
2 m4 hi-caps, 5 m4 mid caps

houston vest
FlyingCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 12:02   #36
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Some CP drivers are real turds and should be quartered and hung up to be gnawed on my a thousand hungry mice.

At work we shipped out a package of medical equipment to a customer, who works at and lives, near CFB Petawawa. Shipped via Expedited Parcel and picked up by our regular CP driver around 1530h Monday, March 23rd. (PU from downtown Toronto)

Customer called in this week inquiring about her package and online tracking said it was delivered Tuesday, get this, March 24th at 0726h. Never in my time there have I seen a package move so quickly but because it was clearly marked as delivered online we though the customer was trying to scam us or it was delivered to a wrong address or neighbor. But, customer claims that she was at work at 0730h and there was no one home to sign for and receive it. No of her neighbors had it or seen it.

Problem is this. We ship every single package with insurance and signature required regardless if the customer requests it or not. Took us 2 days to even pull down a copy of the signature. Seeing as the website says it's been delivered, there is absolutely no way for us to make a claim. We even considered ordering her another item but it would cost us another $100 as the price had gone up.

Turns out, the driver signed for it them self and left it at an unused doorway. Been sitting there for 2.5 weeks. Our only course of action now is to submit an inquiry as to why the driver signed for it and to have the customer do the same.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 14:02   #37
landwarrior
 
landwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
I checked this morning, and it's still en route to Canada...
landwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 14:05   #38
Hades
 
Hades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Home
Send a message via MSN to Hades
Canadapost tracking is a fuckin joke. I am still getting almost daily emails telling me my package is awaiting pickup at the local post office while I've already picked it up early last week. Even tracking says same thing. Dont trust canadapost tracking
__________________
If I was banging all of them, I'd be a manwhore. At the moment, I'm just an opportunist.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 14:23   #39
landwarrior
 
landwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
should I contact ehobby to begin a trace of my shipment? if CP does update the tracking, do they update on the weekends?
landwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 14:25   #40
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner
 
Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Lambert, Quebec
Nah don't worry dude its only been a few day. The tracking number may not have been updated but your parcel is moving, its not sitting in some warehouse collecting dust.
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 14:27   #41
KND
* AV revoked *
 
KND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Downtown Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by landwarrior View Post
should I contact ehobby to begin a trace of my shipment? if CP does update the tracking, do they update on the weekends?
No, you just sit down and wait. It should be at your door soon. be patience guy. I order stuff from ehobby too and once they send e-mail confirm it has been shipped then it has been shipped.

KND
__________________

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 14:32   #42
landwarrior
 
landwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
No, you just sit down and wait. It should be at your door soon. be patience guy. I order stuff from ehobby too and once they send e-mail confirm it has been shipped then it has been shipped.

KND
right!! yes. I will do exactly that. I'll just study for my exams and wait. =)
landwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 14:57   #43
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by landwarrior View Post
should I contact ehobby to begin a trace of my shipment? if CP does update the tracking, do they update on the weekends?
Dude, like Styrak said.. the thing has to go HALF WAY AROUND THE WORLD. CP can't get a parcel across the province in that time... don't you think it's rather unreasonable to expect a parcel to travel 8,000 Km in less time?
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 15:51   #44
landwarrior
 
landwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Dude, like Styrak said.. the thing has to go HALF WAY AROUND THE WORLD. CP can't get a parcel across the province in that time... don't you think it's rather unreasonable to expect a parcel to travel 8,000 Km in less time?
The last time I ordered from ehobby, the item got to Canada in a day or two.
landwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 15:53   #45
Skladfin
 
Skladfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, B.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by landwarrior View Post
The last time I ordered from ehobby, the item got to Canada in a day or two.
Dude, your expectation is way too damn high.

don't always expect fast and consistent service. Especially if stuff is coming from outside the country.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.