Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Age verification

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 6th, 2009, 23:37   #1
Doktor
 
Doktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal
Age verification

I know to be age verified you must meet with a rep from your area, but this sounds a little out of the way for me, especially since I don't even know for certain If I'll start playing Airsoft or not. (Probably will).

Is it possible to get a Rep on an istant messenger and show them a picture of my Medicare card + Birth certificate or any other I.D. I may have to prove I'm 18?

I know this may sound stupid and you may be saying ' Ugh what a dumb noob'. I dont realy care, I'm just trying to simplify my life .

Can add anyone on facebook with access to pics of my medicare and birth-certificate.
Doktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 23:43   #2
Tex
 
Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Abbotsford, B.C.
it must be done in person.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 23:44   #3
Doktor
 
Doktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
it must be done in person.
UGH

Not very encouraging

Last edited by Doktor; April 6th, 2009 at 23:49..
Doktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 23:53   #4
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor View Post
UGH

Not very encouraging
If you don't have time to get AV'd, you don't have time for airsoft, or shouldn't be playing airsoft.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 23:56   #5
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
Montreal is a big place I'm sure there's some AV rep who will Verify you on the way to something or other. eg. Maybe you pass by their workplace or they're heading over to somewhere near your area.

All verification must be done in person, and you can ask them some questions while they're verifying you too.

You can also head out to a game and get verified. Just be sure there's a rep at the field who can do it for you.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 23:59   #6
Doktor
 
Doktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
If you don't have time to get AV'd, you don't have time for airsoft, or shouldn't be playing airsoft.
I strongly disagree.

Playing Airsoft would require me to alot time out o my schedule and decrease some other activity. Opportunity cost my friend. At the moment, I don't have time to go get age verified by some stranger unless I decide im gonna play and stop doing something else thats important to me
Doktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 00:07   #7
ZeroAlphaOne
 
ZeroAlphaOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
If you truly committed to the sport of Airsoft then you will make time to contact an age verifier.

Otherwise you are a dreamer.
__________________
http://www.tagairsoft.co.nz

SEG's: TM-CAR15, TM-G&P M4/SR16 Custom, TM-M4A1 Custom, TM-G&P MI6 VN Custom, TM-SR16, TM-M4S System, G&G G4-CQB-R.

Sniper Rifles: 2x TM-VSR G Spec's

Shotgun: Marushin Mossberg M500SSB 8mm.

Gas Pistols: TM-Sig 226, TM-Socom Mk23, TM-Tactical Master. TM Glock 17 3rd Gen.

You Can Never Own Too Many Weapons !
ZeroAlphaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 00:14   #8
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
People fly across the country to go to airsoft games. The first two years I played I regularily went 2 1/2 hours to go to a game. If you can't take a couple of hours out of your day to get AV'd, how do you expect to take an entire day to play a game?

No pain, no gain.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 00:20   #9
KND
* AV revoked *
 
KND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Downtown Montreal
I took bus and metro and walk to Bruce's place to verify my age plus I spend 1 hour and half of my work for that time also, I earn about 15 $ per hour so total I almost lost 30 $ but it's really worst.

If you don't have those time to spend, then don't dream to play airsoft.

We're all scarified for airsoft more than you think, not sure how much other scarified but I'm sure that I did a lots.


KND
__________________

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 00:28   #10
SurplusIG
 
SurplusIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal, QC
Send a message via MSN to SurplusIG
Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor View Post
I know to be age verified you must meet with a rep from your area, but this sounds a little out of the way for me, especially since I don't even know for certain If I'll start playing Airsoft or not. (Probably will).

Is it possible to get a Rep on an istant messenger and show them a picture of my Medicare card + Birth certificate or any other I.D. I may have to prove I'm 18?

I know this may sound stupid and you may be saying ' Ugh what a dumb noob'. I dont realy care, I'm just trying to simplify my life .

Can add anyone on facebook with access to pics of my medicare and birth-certificate.
I've been trying to become an age verifying outlet for a bit but I don't have enough tenure for it yet. It would be very convenient to stop by the store and get age verified however for now it is impossible.

This saturday there is an airsoft event at Mirabel Paintball if you're interested you may come down and meet the players and get age verified over there (bring ID).

I will be sponsoring that event and I will introduce you to the players =)
SurplusIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 00:33   #11
Doktor
 
Doktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurplusIG View Post
I've been trying to become an age verifying outlet for a bit but I don't have enough tenure for it yet. It would be very convenient to stop by the store and get age verified however for now it is impossible.

This saturday there is an airsoft event at Mirabel Paintball if you're interested you may come down and meet the players and get age verified over there (bring ID).

I will be sponsoring that event and I will introduce you to the players =)
Dude. Its me, Isaak from the other Army surplus. I cant make it to the game cuz I work Saturday. Get ur ass as an age verifier so I can just see you. Super convenient for me

I get everyones point BTW. Ill make the effort
Doktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 00:41   #12
SurplusIG
 
SurplusIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal, QC
Send a message via MSN to SurplusIG
oooo damn, wassup man :P Sorry I just wrote to you a message not knowing who you are :P
SurplusIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 00:44   #13
Doktor
 
Doktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurplusIG View Post
oooo damn, wassup man :P Sorry I just wrote to you a message not knowing who you are :P
LOL I know. I just been checking out the site and looking into some different models.

If I start playinh, Im sorry to say I wont be getting my camo and vests from your store. The discount at my store is much better for me
Doktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 00:46   #14
SurplusIG
 
SurplusIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal, QC
Send a message via MSN to SurplusIG
Well we sell higher-end BDUs from Propper and/or issued, but you should encourage and support your store anyway
SurplusIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 00:50   #15
Doktor
 
Doktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurplusIG View Post
Well we sell higher-end BDUs from Propper and/or issued, but you should encourage and support your store anyway
Definitely.
Propper is some good shit. But f your gonna roll around in the dirt/mud, run, slide, go prone all the time; buying cheaper Chinese stuff and renewing often is better
Doktor is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.