Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A scary article

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 17th, 2009, 13:09   #16
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard
 
Blackthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Consecon, Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
I disagree.

You are not being prudent. You are giving in to the rampant retardation that is overcoming our society.

We are learning to live in fear as gun owners, and to give up our rights because of public fear mongering.

Let them come. I've done nothing wrong, and while I feel for the police who are basically caught in the middle, I won't give up my freedom or see it eroded because I have to worry or cow tow to those who are ignorant of firearms.

Do what you need to. I understand that.

But don't try to convince me you aren't giving in and rolling over. That, my friend, is BS.

*EDIT - Don't think I get off easy cause I live up here. We have one of the highest violent crime rates outside of Toronto.
__________________
VINCITE OMNIMODO

Last edited by Blackthorne; March 17th, 2009 at 13:14..
Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 13:36   #17
KND
* AV revoked *
 
KND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Downtown Montreal
This story is quite similar to mine.

The point is there are not many people who has knowledge about firearm or whatever.

I remember like a year ago while I was at my old apartment. We got bored and took some picture of me dress like SWAT team and put on facebook. I'm just put without notify but I put a big note that it's airsoft or airgun to people to knowledge what it is.

Two day, I got a call from a detective who is review on my case while I was was school, demand to meet me at the cafeteria. They told me that They would have knock in my house if I didn't receive another call.

So after 1 hours of explanation and etc.... , they apologized for my time and my case will be close.

I got back home, my friend told me that there are like 3 or 4 police car and also a load of SWAT team in front of the apartment waiting for something while I was at school. I just like WTF !!! also two hot detective get in my room and searching all my gun and asking my info, my buddy's info.

After a few day, I found out call who report to 911. My school director report to 911 because she got a call from student's parents told her that there is a student in her school took picture with a gun also I found out how the heck student's parents found out those picture as well because on of my friend on facebook check out my new picture and forgot to close the browser and their parents using the computer after that.


I didn't get any charge . They just told me to remove the picture on facebook and demand to took my toys from me but I demand to ask them pay me if they want to take it to destroy or whatever they want but after told me how much they all cost ? they just pull back. I told them that I bought those toys are in legal position so they have no right to take it away from me unless they pay me.

I never have any problem hanging all my gun on my wall while the internet technician came in to connect internet plus he ask my permission to handle it and he is so happy and want to get one as well.
__________________

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 13:40   #18
JamesBond_007
 
JamesBond_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: St.John's, Newfoundland
Send a message via MSN to JamesBond_007
Closest thing I've left out while anyone came in to fix stuff has been my CF tac vest and helmet. He just told me it was cool looking stuff and wanted to know where I got it, etc. Was pretty interested in the whole army deal, so I doubt he would have reacted like this fello did if my airsoft guns had been out.
__________________

Old Buy/Sell Ratings
JamesBond_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 13:41   #19
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
OK.. yes That I can agree with.. you're right

I look at it as "adapting to" the realities of the situation.. but that is really just trying to justify behavior that is being forced by public pressure... so yeah there is some rolling over going on... Thanks for pointing it out..

So rather than exercise my legal rights.. I bow to the pressure..

and you are right.. No one should have to behave that way .. particularly if they have complied with all of the rules in place.

I applaud your stance. I just don't think it one I would personaly adopt.

I prefer to be localy discreet, if publically vocal..

I don't agree with the way the media has twisted the image of legal gun ownership.... But I recognize that it IS twisted..

My first wife.. forced me to get rid of all my firearms.. and I had some pieces.. that would be grandfathered prohibited today...its a F'n shame.

My Current wife is Keen on getting her R-PAL and buying "lots of guns" so things are looking up.

All I can say is.. I still don"t think Ill be swabbing barrels on my front porch.. even if I could.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
I disagree.

You are not being prudent. You are giving in to the rampant retardation that is overcoming our society.

We are learning to live in fear as gun owners, and to give up our rights because of public fear mongering.

Let them come. I've done nothing wrong, and while I feel for the police who are basically caught in the middle, I won't give up my freedom or see it eroded because I have to worry or cow tow to those who are ignorant of firearms.

Do what you need to. I understand that.

But don't try to convince me you aren't giving in and rolling over. That, my friend, is BS.

*EDIT - Don't think I get off easy cause I live up here. We have one of the highest violent crime rates outside of Toronto.
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 13:58   #20
Danke
 
Danke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Danger Zone
Yes the rules are situational.

The guy who lives on a ranch up North can drive around with a loaded up gun rack in his truck and never cause a stir.

The guy that lives in a condo in Montreal can't sit in common room with his team cleaning weapons, real or fake witout have the SWATs turn up to kick in the door.

If someone gets too pedantic about the rules you'd never be able to clean a rifle. Since you have to treat every weapon as if it was loaded, you can't clean a loaded weapon.
__________________
Airsoft, where nothing is hurt but feelings.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 14:36   #21
arcanuck
 
arcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bilingual People's Republic of Neu Braunsweig
There is possibility society's fear of firearms is a figment of our overactive imaginations; a product of national obsession fueled by negative propaganda set in motion by the media. Guns on their own don't hurt anyone.

More people die in Canada in car accidents [Canadian Mortality Data Base in co-operation with Stats Canada] with a statistic of 9 per 100,000 population. In 2002, 5 deaths per 1,000,000 occurred as result of firearm user accidents or crimes.

Last edited by arcanuck; March 17th, 2009 at 14:38..
arcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 14:40   #22
paranoid987
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanuck View Post
More people die in Canada in car accidents [Canadian Mortality Data Base in co-operation with Stats Canada] with a statistic of 9 per 100,000 population. In 2002, 5 deaths per 1,000,000 occurred as result of firearm user accidents or crimes.
Ban Cars!
__________________
paranoid987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 14:44   #23
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard
 
Blackthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Consecon, Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
OK.. yes That I can agree with.. you're right

I look at it as "adapting to" the realities of the situation.. but that is really just trying to justify behavior that is being forced by public pressure... so yeah there is some rolling over going on... Thanks for pointing it out..

So rather than exercise my legal rights.. I bow to the pressure..

and you are right.. No one should have to behave that way .. particularly if they have complied with all of the rules in place.

I applaud your stance. I just don't think it one I would personaly adopt.

I prefer to be localy discreet, if publically vocal..

I don't agree with the way the media has twisted the image of legal gun ownership.... But I recognize that it IS twisted..

My first wife.. forced me to get rid of all my firearms.. and I had some pieces.. that would be grandfathered prohibited today...its a F'n shame.

My Current wife is Keen on getting her R-PAL and buying "lots of guns" so things are looking up.

All I can say is.. I still don"t think Ill be swabbing barrels on my front porch.. even if I could.

Yah well I don't have kids either. I might think twice about having cops show up at my house with guns drawn if I had children...

But then again
__________________
VINCITE OMNIMODO
Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 14:46   #24
Deaf_shooter
 
Deaf_shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanuck View Post
More people die in Canada in car accidents [Canadian Mortality Data Base in co-operation with Stats Canada] with a statistic of 9 per 100,000 population. In 2002, 5 deaths per 1,000,000 occurred as result of firearm user accidents or crimes.
so every time one person die from result of firearm user accidents or crimes. 18 people die in car accident, and people has issue with guns when they should be more concern about car safety.
__________________
my english is bad. however, It don't make up different on your ignorance.
Deaf_shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 14:49   #25
Donster
 
Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
The law is stopping "some asshole cop" from taking away your AS stuff.

1. possession of replicas is 100% legal

2.unless they get a complaint.. or have probable cause to search they can not enter your home without an invitation.

3. stored properly out of sight will virtually eliminate any issues.

In the story cited.. police received a "gun call"

the technician saw what appeared to be a loaded handgun sitting on a shelf in the guy's apartment. He was justified to make the call to police and the police response was justified.

the owner was not charged as no offense had been commited.

This is why you must responsibly store and handle your AS guns.. all the time. Anyone seeing you through your window "fiddling" with your M4 or polishing your glock slide could misidentify these articles as guns and call police. then you very well could end up searched and it all seized.
thank you for the clarification! i really appreciate it! the first point is what i was confused about, i didn't know it was 100% legal. and just as a point of clarification so no one takes what i said the wrong way, i am in no way saying all cops are assholes (rather i have a lot of respect for them), i was merely saying that as im sure there are (as in any profession), people who mis-represent their profession. they of course, only make up a small minority of the whole

EDIT: for the second bolded point, if replicas are 100% legal to own, then why would they get seized if my house is searched?
__________________
(SFW:Check out this band!)www.myspace.com/maryroseobsession
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 14:57   #26
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard
 
Blackthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Consecon, Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post

EDIT: for the second bolded point, if replicas are 100% legal to own, then why would they get seized if my house is searched?
Exactly.

There is no obvious reason (I wasn't there and am going on what the article says) that gun should have been taken away from him. It's another situation where folks don't know their rights and the law takes advantage of that.

KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO. THE RESPONSIBILITY IS YOURS, NOT THE POLICE OFFICERS.

They simply cannot be up to speed on every law they have to enforce, so they use their own PERSONAL judgment unless it can be proven otherwise. They can't be blamed for that.

Stand up for yourself, be polite, and show them the confidence that comes from knowing what you are talking about.
__________________
VINCITE OMNIMODO
Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 15:04   #27
Rumpel Felt
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Society is disgustingly pussified, but it's still on a case by case basis.

The cops here have been pretty cool about airsoft for the most part.

When my house was robbed back in '05 I had my collection including a loaded G36 and Mac11 laying around in my room. When the cops came to do a search-around, they stumbled upon them and there was no issue. They weren't even touched.

Case by case, though rarely in our favour I guess.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 15:22   #28
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Exactly.

There is no obvious reason (I wasn't there and am going on what the article says) that gun should have been taken away from him. It's another situation where folks don't know their rights and the law takes advantage of that.

KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO. THE RESPONSIBILITY IS YOURS, NOT THE POLICE OFFICERS.

They simply cannot be up to speed on every law they have to enforce, so they use their own PERSONAL judgment unless it can be proven otherwise. They can't be blamed for that.

Stand up for yourself, be polite, and show them the confidence that comes from knowing what you are talking about.

Indeed... the police for the most part are not 100% sure of their limitations or responsiblities..

One could respond to a call .. see they are "toys" and apoligize for the intrusion.. another would take a whole different tact.. cuff you.. and seize everything .. then you have to explain why you should get it back..

remember... the judiciary presumes you are innocent until proven guilty.. the police presume you are guilty until proven innocent.. its the two sides of the crime and punishment coin..

Cops arrest and charge because they "believe" a crime was committed.. they could be wrong about what is a crime... they could be wrong about what constitutes evidence..

If they are wrong.. they drop the charges.. and release the evidence..

In many cases where people say the police "seized" something.. they don't remember the police asking if they can take it.. if you "surrender" something to the police.. you should not presume they will give it back.
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 15:30   #29
spl01t77
 
spl01t77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: next door to the tax payer
I was just checking on the status of my rpal on the cfc website and stumbled onto http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/factsheets/default_e.asp

now the guys who've been around here a while know this I'm sure but as I read through the link for replica's and airguns, it states that replica airsoft is legal to own if you were in possession prior to 98 however you aren't aloud to acquire or import.

is this the loophole? I know it's n00b
__________________
Jake Hoyt: What's "wet"?
Alonzo Harris: Butt-naked. Ill. Sherms. Dust. PCP. Primos. P-Dog. That's what you had. That's what you were smoking, you couldn't taste it?

Last edited by spl01t77; March 17th, 2009 at 18:23..
spl01t77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 15:35   #30
MadMorbius
Administrator Malleus Veto
 
MadMorbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Send a message via ICQ to MadMorbius
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
So what happens if you legally owned a gun, had it dissassembled on the table to clean it, and someone called the cops because they saw it for some reason? Could the cops come in with a warrent and sieze it?
If I was the homeowner in this instance, I'd be dropping a hefty suit on the local police department, the jerk who came in on the repair call, and the company he works for.

Guns aren't illegal to own, full stop. Restricted, yes. Illegal, no.

If I have one of my legally owned firearms in clear view in my house, while I am in the residence, it's perfectly legal. It's neither in storage, nor in transport, and is effectively under my control. If some asshole can come in and call the cops, who respond by breaking down the door without so much as a follow-up to the initial complaint, what law has been broken to justify the breach of this individual's charter right to security of the person and freedom from unreasonable search and seizure? The answer is none.

Furthermore, the police have zero grounds to confiscate the item as it is neither restricted nor prohibited, was not used in the commission of an offense, and was misidentified by a third party.

Imagine some kid walks by your window and says "Hey, that 60" TV looks just like the one my buddy had stolen!". He calls the cops, the cops come in, you show receipts clearly identifying the item as belonging to you, but the police take the TV and walk away with it. Of course this wouldn't happen, because a TV isn't a fucking gun. Why is it acceptable to seize ANY property where it is in fact legally owned and no law has been broken?

And, predictably, the media won't touch this. It was a firearms call, and that outweighs everything. It's perfectly acceptable to violate someone's rights if there's a gun involved, legally owned, replica, imitation, or otherwise.
__________________
[/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_shooter View Post
what if it model after his?
MadMorbius is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.