Airsoft Canada

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

Old March 18th, 2014, 16:38   #1081
2 Cent Tactical
Send a message via MSN to Cobrajr122
1. was the package bigger than your mailbox, or close to the size of it.
2. did the package have signature required on it.

If the package does NOT have sig required, and looks too big to fit in a standard mailbox, it will NOT leave the local sort facility, it is not required that the mailmen attempt to deliver.

I learnt this after complaining about failed deliveries 3 days in a row when I was home all week.
Cobrajr122 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 20:12   #1082
This starting to happen lately to me but with smaller packages that requires a signature. All he does is put the delivery notice in my mailbox.

I have a small package that is coming in tomorrow.. I'm going be waiting outside at my door tomorrow for him.

Last edited by Eien; March 19th, 2014 at 03:22..
Eien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 20:27   #1083
I've got an excellent postal worker here. He always attempts to buzz me before leaving a note in my box and unlike the old carrier we had that i filed two complaints on this guy never leaves a package in the hall. Though the one day he was sick I had a package due to arrive (I was home that day) and the replacement decided he didn't want to deliver it so he marked it as forwarded to new address or something like that. Had to wait till the following day for it to be delivered. I really think i need to get my regular postman a Timmy gift card.
SebellBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 00:14   #1084
I got no problem with them leaving notifications, even when Im home. Picking up a package is easy and safe and its something I can do on my way back home from work.

But lately its like the mailman has grown tired of my internet purchasing ways and has just decided to leave packages inbetween my screen door and door, or hanging out of my mailbox, just for anyone to come by and take.

Man..... I live in the north end of Hamilton you CANT do that shit here.
CR0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 12:01   #1085
It's like every time you use Canada Post, you spin the Russian Mail Roulette...So, may the odds be ever in your favour

As for me, my mailman is my neighbour and lives right across from me. Everything seems goes well if you invite your mailman to your summer BBQ's lol
jjkfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2014, 14:54   #1086
So much for the improvements I was seeing at Cpost. Back to same bs. He double scanned twice now,(scans it out for delivery then delivered before he leaves 8:30am so my tracking tells me it's delivered before he even leaves warehouse). Then when it didn't even show up by 8:50pm I called my local office where it will end up eventually to question it again. So the girl must have told him about my complaint and he dropped it off in my house mailbox instead of the community box sometime after 10pm,(prob to make it look like he delivered it and I didn't look in my house box or just so I wouldn't submit formal complaint-too little too late pal). So now it was sticking out so passers by could easily see it and potentially swipe it. Maybe once half of the carriers are out of work the remaining ones will be too scared to be so useless...
targetGspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 09:38   #1087
Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Hmm, well before in my area they were terrabad, still kind of are, but I know my "local mailman" now that delivers in my neighbour hood, and now he ACTUALLY WAITS FOR MY TO ANSWER THE FREAKING DOOR.

Beforing, living downtown, the fact that when they would leave me a notice card, after knocking once, and running away. I HAD to pick it up the next day, and not the same day, not sure if that's the same else where, but I could never pick it up the same day.

Also found this funny,

TORONTO Item processed at local delivery facility Learn More The item has arrived at the destination facility for final sorting before delivery. Look for an "Out for Delivery" scan today or tomorrow to know when delivery will occur. You can also sign up for email notifications.

MISSISSAUGA Item processed

TORONTO Item accepted at the Post Office

Electronic information submitted by shipper.
So my item went from Toronto->Mississauga->Toronto again -_-"
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2014, 18:32   #1088

Just had a close call today maybe haha...

Tracking number shows notice card left, but no notice card!

Wife tells me we got a notice card, but it had the neighbors name and address on it lol...

Calling Canada Post JUST to be safe, I gave them the tracking number, and yup, the notice card number they gave me matched the notice card that was mis-labelled.

Apparently the mailman must have copied the name and address from a pile of other letters/parcels he was delivering to... So yeah, without a tracking number, I probably would never have received my item if the notice card was labelled for some random person and my wife delivered it to them lol...

*Now to wait until Saturday so I can pick-up my package lol...* Oh yeah, of course, there were more than one person home all day today too.

My local pickup location doesn't really check for ID to match the package either, they usually just scan, ask you to sign, take. If it was something worth thousands I'd probably be screwed T_T.

Last edited by kaiu; April 17th, 2014 at 18:36..
kaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:13   #1089
At least CP seems to be showing up at your house. The new package delivery guy seems to not know what a map is. He keeps going to another house with the same number but a different street name and leaving my stuff there. Had a very expensive package shipped from out east to scarborough, he left it just infront of the other persons house. Next day, a package from capital airsoft gets returned to sender cause some guy who's supposed to deliver packages for a living can't match an address to a house so asks the person in another house to sign and of course they say they never ordered anything so bam, back to Edmonton it goes. Never had a problem with CP until now, just.. This one person.
Wli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 23:09   #1090
Shit Geyser
Shipped an $800 build to someone on CP Priority 1-day. Took 3 days (He lives 2 hours away) to get there, and arrived smashed.
Not happy. Glad I insured it.

Also ordered some parts from Duy, and the box was obviously too big for my mailbox, and it was Sig Required. They bent my mailbox and left it open to fit the package in. It was motors. It was raining.
Bakasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 00:04   #1091
Bakasaur, at least your guy leaves your packages at your house, my guy is a total fucktard, I was outside working on the front yard on Friday and the guy says hi hands me my letter mail and a pick up notice. Lol the package was the size of a wallet, small enough to fit in my huge mail box. Yet he didn't think he could handle carrying an extra pound in his bag so he dropped it off at the wrong pickup location.
WE M4 13" Troy TRX build
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 15:06   #1092
ASC's navel of the year!
Send a message via MSN to beta678
More of a USPS rant than a CP rant (Give it time...), but I've got two packages stuck in postal limbo somewhere in the US...

I've got replacement Taco's from HSGI somewhere in the US, supposedly on its way here but according to CP's tracking site, it hasn't even made it into Canada yet and it was sent out 15 days ago... Oh I also called USPS to ask about this package but apparently they have no idea where it is and asked if I want to open a ticket... Time to email HSGI. AGAIN.

My other package is apparently on its way here but once again, USPS isn't sure... its either with Customs or their sorting facility at LAX or in transit to Richmond, which can't be correct as its been "in transit" for 5 days and I'm sure it doesn't take that long by air from LAX to YVR...

As much as I hate UPS, at least I know where my packages are...
Just your friendly neighborhood narcissist gearwhore.
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 10:41   #1093
Shit Geyser
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
Bakasaur, at least your guy leaves your packages at your house, my guy is a total fucktard, I was outside working on the front yard on Friday and the guy says hi hands me my letter mail and a pick up notice. Lol the package was the size of a wallet, small enough to fit in my huge mail box. Yet he didn't think he could handle carrying an extra pound in his bag so he dropped it off at the wrong pickup location.
Oh I get that too. But I'm so used to it it's just the norm now.

Update from Canada Post. I called in Thursday after not receiving an email or anything.. turns out the woman put the wrong email address in (apparently she got F and S mixed up... because Jofh totally makes sense).

I was supposed to be contacted Friday about my claims.. nothing. No word. I was assured I would be contacted Friday, after arguing them about how much money it was. Nothing.

Called in, put on hold, and got no where.
Called in today, after waiting for half an hour for a supervisor (getting voicemail after voicemail), finally spoke to a supervisor. She said that they were wrong, and it will take 30 days for me to be contacted. THEN time for the claim to be figured out. So essentially, as it stands on the $700 gun.. I'm out $1000. (I can't charge a customer for anything yet, because he received a broken gun the first time. So no money there. Now, I have to cover the parts to rebuild it. and I will not get paid for my time)

How damaged was the gun? I wrap everything in bubblewrap before I send it out. When the customer got it, he said the box looked like it had been used as a soccerball. The gearbox was mangled inside, the trigger trolley was broken off the track, the trigger spring was bent, and a few other things. Customer didn't know. Tried firing, made it worse. I showed him the videos of it working before it left my place. So at least he's not raging at me.

On my other package, I bought xpress post. Or so I was told. They put it through regular mail. It was supposed to be at the person's place by Friday. The tracking number isn't showing any progress, and noone knows where it is. It's also still not there.

I think it's time I'll be looking at a new courier. I do not want to send the polarstar I've been working on through CP. I can't afford for them to damage that one.

I was expecting three packages today. There were two cars sitting in my driveway, I was sitting on the porch. Canada post guy went to my box, then drove away. Left 3 parcel slips.

Also, went to mail my leatherman for servicing (Pin pusher snapped off), and the woman was arguing me about the Postal Code.. she kept hitting "2" instead of "5" without realizing it, and blamed me for it.

ALSO: All packages are signature required.

Last edited by Bakasaur; May 20th, 2014 at 12:14..
Bakasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 01:43   #1094
what I did was issue complaint after complaint with canada post...service has improved thus far as they replaced my shitty mail person with a better more responsible one.

non airsoft related, I bought LED's for my car and they were in their shipping department lost for almost 2 months. two seperate packages shipped a day later arrived 6 weeks before the first package -facepalm-

Last edited by Apathy; May 21st, 2014 at 01:46..
Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 09:42   #1095
Wow I feel so privileged... I must be the only guy here who has an awesome mail lady... I get enough little packages that she approached me one day and said "do you want me to sign for these, so I can leave them in your (super) mailbox??"

I said Hell Yes, and now they all sit there waiting for me (locked in the superbox thankfully) and I don't generally have to walk over to the post office with a pickup slip, except maybe when she has a day off.

Good reminder - I really should give her a gift card or something!!
DipTwit is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General