Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ICS M4 SIR internals what to buy help (formally "G&G or JG")

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 11th, 2009, 20:54   #91
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID
 
Erennert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Ohhh, my bad. I've heard great things about prometheus, systema, G&P internals. Albeit, I am a 100% noob inside the gearbox.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tex View Post
Is there a Cansoft Banhammer with a clear plastic shaft? And will it be compatible with full metal/wood Banhammers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline  
Old May 11th, 2009, 20:56   #92
hot_shot under fire
AKA M700murder
 
hot_shot under fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kingsville, On
Ok, so I guess more research is in order...
__________________
NSWDG Enthusiast, Milsim Junkie, Tactical Tailor, Kit Calibrator.
The rants & ramblings of an everyday Weekend Warrior.
#BreacherOnPoint
hot_shot under fire is offline  
Old May 11th, 2009, 20:57   #93
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID
 
Erennert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Haha, sorry im of no help.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tex View Post
Is there a Cansoft Banhammer with a clear plastic shaft? And will it be compatible with full metal/wood Banhammers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline  
Old May 11th, 2009, 20:59   #94
hot_shot under fire
AKA M700murder
 
hot_shot under fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kingsville, On
No problems man, you tried your best.
__________________
NSWDG Enthusiast, Milsim Junkie, Tactical Tailor, Kit Calibrator.
The rants & ramblings of an everyday Weekend Warrior.
#BreacherOnPoint
hot_shot under fire is offline  
Old May 11th, 2009, 21:01   #95
theguy
 
theguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Waterloo, ON.
What internals to buy?
Most of the time, Opening an AEG is a bad idea, unless something break, or unless you really know what your doing.

Your probably more likely to break something, and parts are expensive...

Also, ICS have a number of parts in their mechboxs that are not compatible with most mainsteam parts. Keep that in mind, but G&G is definitely a more upgrade-friendly gun.
__________________
Quote:
It's better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline  
Old May 11th, 2009, 21:02   #96
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
normal black ICS guns have great internals.. way better than G&G.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline  
Old May 11th, 2009, 21:06   #97
theguy
 
theguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Waterloo, ON.
I have heard that the ICS half breeds internals are a little more rough, Plus, good luck ever finding a metal receiver for it. Plus, the OP is looking for a project gun, something he can up grade as a "Father-son project"
__________________
Quote:
It's better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline  
Old May 11th, 2009, 21:14   #98
hot_shot under fire
AKA M700murder
 
hot_shot under fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kingsville, On
Ok, so mabey it would be best to go with G&G, and buy a SIR fore-grip for it, like the fore-grip from Capitalairsoft.ca.

Link:http://capitalairsoft.ca/store/index.php main_page=product_info&cPath=41_82_37&products_id= 281

And possible this airsoft gun.

Link: http://www.mach1airsoft.com/web/cata...om&id=11&cat=3

EDIT: Also, If I bought a second RIS system, I may be abled to go the C8 way when I where my Canadian Forces loadout.

EDIT2: I found the JG M4 S-System, its like the ICS M4 SIR.

Link: http://velocityarms.ca/index.php?mai...roducts_id=193

I just did a quick search on the forms, and found out it was ok.

EDIT 3: Found a whole thread on it

Link: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=52798


CHEERS!
__________________
NSWDG Enthusiast, Milsim Junkie, Tactical Tailor, Kit Calibrator.
The rants & ramblings of an everyday Weekend Warrior.
#BreacherOnPoint

Last edited by hot_shot under fire; May 11th, 2009 at 21:38..
hot_shot under fire is offline  
Old May 11th, 2009, 21:50   #99
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Frankly, I don't care what the purpose is... I'm not a fan of giving underagers advice on buying airsoft guns.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline  
Old May 11th, 2009, 23:26   #100
skalnok
 
skalnok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: barrie, ontario
im with kalnaren on the whole not giving advice but for once ill be nice



i would say go with the ics m4 sir ( i plan on buying one soon to be honest) ics internals are amazing from what i have heard and dont really need anything done to them ( other than maybe reshimming from what ive heard) and for the bottom metal body i know evike has them and they are illegal to import so maybe get someone who is a retailer to order one for you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt491 View Post
...stalker's gonna kill you....and you wont even see it coming! Hell, he'll kill you and god himself will be going, "Where the hell did that come from!?" CDN_Stalker should just be the new god!
skalnok is offline  
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:04   #101
hot_shot under fire
AKA M700murder
 
hot_shot under fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kingsville, On
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Frankly, I don't care what the purpose is... I'm not a fan of giving underagers advice on buying airsoft guns.
Well then piss off. Its not that hard to do, and If you read my thread carefully, you would see the reason for buying the gun when im 16. Im not an asshole of a kid, im not a douchbag, and Im not some dumb kid who goes to a public park to shoot around. I fire airsoft guns, pellet guns and real guns either at a shooting range (very close to my house, walking distance) .In an open field where there are no houses, roads, or any buildings where its legal to hunt, or just at pop cans in my back yard for sighting in my scope. (My yard is huge, 104 acres). So, if you are against a underaged kid, who has no clue who his father is, who wants to know his father, and chances are this is the ONLY way to get to know him before he dies (chances are, damn soon, and thats a kick in the face for me), then simply, don't post.

Also, isn't having to be 18 to have a airsoft gun not a rule? I don't see that stated anywhere. All I see is you have to be 18 to game it, or 16 if you have a parent beside you the whole time, and you have the field owner say its OK.

And finally, Fuck you, im sure you had a father when you where a kid, well, I almost don't. And honestly, Id almost rather have him dead or at home more than he is, instead of knowing hes alive, and hes never around. Now THATS a kick in the face!

And thank-you skalnok for atleast offering some advice.
__________________
NSWDG Enthusiast, Milsim Junkie, Tactical Tailor, Kit Calibrator.
The rants & ramblings of an everyday Weekend Warrior.
#BreacherOnPoint

Last edited by hot_shot under fire; May 12th, 2009 at 08:07..
hot_shot under fire is offline  
Old May 12th, 2009, 15:11   #102
Bowers
 
Bowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Send a message via MSN to Bowers
just wanna clarify something you said your dads never around due to working ridiculously long hours right?
__________________
拳法
The Greyman Doctrine
Bowers is offline  
Old May 12th, 2009, 15:15   #103
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_shot under fire View Post
Well then piss off. Its not that hard to do, and If you read my thread carefully, you would see the reason for buying the gun when im 16. Im not an asshole of a kid, im not a douchbag, and Im not some dumb kid who goes to a public park to shoot around. I fire airsoft guns, pellet guns and real guns either at a shooting range (very close to my house, walking distance) .In an open field where there are no houses, roads, or any buildings where its legal to hunt, or just at pop cans in my back yard for sighting in my scope. (My yard is huge, 104 acres). So, if you are against a underaged kid, who has no clue who his father is, who wants to know his father, and chances are this is the ONLY way to get to know him before he dies (chances are, damn soon, and thats a kick in the face for me), then simply, don't post.

Also, isn't having to be 18 to have a airsoft gun not a rule? I don't see that stated anywhere. All I see is you have to be 18 to game it, or 16 if you have a parent beside you the whole time, and you have the field owner say its OK.

And finally, Fuck you, im sure you had a father when you where a kid, well, I almost don't. And honestly, Id almost rather have him dead or at home more than he is, instead of knowing hes alive, and hes never around. Now THATS a kick in the face!

And thank-you skalnok for atleast offering some advice.

Actually you are a douchebag for thinking that you can sidestep the rules by getting your dad to buy a gun for you, when you know perfectly well that it is against the rules. Where do you get off telling a member "fuck you"?, if your dad is supposedly never around how is he supposed to "supervise" you using the gun?

In Ontario it is a LAW that you must be 18 to purchase an airgun, and with your rep on these boards, I don't see any hosts allowing you to join a game, absentee dad alongside or not.
__________________
pusangani is offline  
Old May 12th, 2009, 15:18   #104
skalnok
 
skalnok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: barrie, ontario
in ontario you have to be 18+ to own airsoft legally ( im pretty sure at least)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt491 View Post
...stalker's gonna kill you....and you wont even see it coming! Hell, he'll kill you and god himself will be going, "Where the hell did that come from!?" CDN_Stalker should just be the new god!
skalnok is offline  
Old May 12th, 2009, 15:25   #105
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalnok View Post
in ontario you have to be 18+ to own airsoft legally ( im pretty sure at least)
yes and thank God for that!
__________________
pusangani is offline  
Closed ThreadTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.