Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The Big Feedback Thread

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 10th, 2008, 19:05   #166
Yannos
likes touching tralalas
 
Yannos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Je me souviens
Quote:
Originally Posted by arman View Post
.... ok ive said it a few times nicley... now for a little more bold!

GIVE THEM 10 BUCK TO TURN THE ADS OFF!!! OR SHUT UP.... I DO SEE YOUR AV'd SO YOU PROBLY BOUGHT A GUN OR SOLD SOMTHING HERE.... REALLY IF YOUR NOT A SUPPORTER WHY SHOULD THEY LISTEN????



p.s. sorry mods but really cmon now....
I'm not even AV'd and I gave them money like 2-3 weeks ago.
Just do like Arman says. Give them 10 bucks and turn off the adds.

If the help of ASC over the time you are register doesn't worth 10 little bucks for you then something is wrong .
__________________
EF-02 SEMPER FI
Yannos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 19:37   #167
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
I've got a counter-proposal, let the mods deal with him the same they would deal with any Canadian. His nationality should not enter into this.
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 19:44   #168
arman
 
arman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Windsor, Ont.
yea... i liked dusti.... alot of people come here cause i guess us canadians know our airsoft shit... personallly i dont but a lot of you guys do and they get knowledge from that.... why ban him anyways did he say somthing rude to you?
__________________

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 20:14   #169
Mitchell12
vision impaired
 
Mitchell12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: St.John's, NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by arman View Post
.... ok ive said it a few times nicley... now for a little more bold!

GIVE THEM 10 BUCK TO TURN THE ADS OFF!!! OR SHUT UP.... I DO SEE YOUR AV'd SO YOU PROBLY BOUGHT A GUN OR SOLD SOMTHING HERE.... REALLY IF YOUR NOT A SUPPORTER WHY SHOULD THEY LISTEN????



p.s. sorry mods but really cmon now....
I'm a full time student, My money is spent before it hits my bank account. They're being Ad blocked now anyways so problem solved for that. Sorry if I offended your Caps Lock key or something.

Bob actually has 99% of my money right now. The rest of it is bus fare for the week.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngrySniper View Post
Simultaneous climax makes me warm and fuzzy all over

Last edited by Mitchell12; November 10th, 2008 at 20:20..
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 20:27   #170
Xx William xX
 
Xx William xX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantelope View Post
Hopefully these new search boxes will lead to more newbs actually searching.
That's the funniest thing I have seen posted on ASC.
Xx William xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 17:28   #171
dragwindsor
 
dragwindsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to dragwindsor
PM search filters PLEASE!!!!! My inbox is a mess and I need to filter search. Sorry guys. I know I've asked before. Just wondering if there is any news?

Like I said, I'll contribute more
__________________
To save the trouble of Ancorp reading it in every post: Inokatsu



dragwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 20:34   #172
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb
 
Mantelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragwindsor View Post
PM search filters PLEASE!!!!! My inbox is a mess and I need to filter search. Sorry guys. I know I've asked before. Just wondering if there is any news?

Like I said, I'll contribute more
I've been looking into this, just for you =P

PM searching is coming to vBulletin in version 3.8. As such, nobody's even trying to implement it currently. We'll upgrade to 3.8 as soon as it's released and we test everything. I hope it'll be in the coming weeks, but I don't think vB publishes a timeline.
__________________
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 21:08   #173
Double Tapper
 
Double Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The land of the over regulated and the banners
Send a message via MSN to Double Tapper
Thanks Drake,I didn't realize my question was answered,just ignored.So
if I fire them 10$,I can be a supporter or contributor but not a member?.
__________________
Double Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 21:11   #174
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev
 
Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Trenton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Tapper View Post
Thanks Drake,I didn't realize my question was answered,just ignored.So
if I fire them 10$,I can be a supporter or contributor but not a member?.

You're automatically a member when you sign up.
__________________
Nothing to see here
May you live in interesting times.
ASCMART, your smart choice
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 05:54   #175
arman
 
arman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Windsor, Ont.
!!SEXYTIME!!! doubble tapper.... now is it way better now you can do almost anything to your account now?? well worth the money pimp....
__________________

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 08:06   #176
Kuro_Neko
 
Kuro_Neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
I'm not sure exactly how to phrase this suggestion, but altering/improving search engine to accept Boolean strings, also exact phrase searches (I'm sure this type of search has a name but I don't know it) would be very greatly appreciated. For example if I wanted the search engine to return only threads that contain the exact phrase, Classic Army M15a4, I would enter "Classic Army M15a4". As it stands now with or without quotes entering that search string gives me threads containing any combination of one or more of those words.

This is particularly annoying when searching for a specific type of some common item such as mags. You enter star mp5 mags and you get any thread mentioning any type of mags by any manufacturer, you also get results mentioning any type of mp5 gun and anything manufactured by star. This leads to pouring through at least three times as many threads to find what you're looking for.

Other then that the site is great. Thanks for everything and keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Kuro_Neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 23:00   #177
dragwindsor
 
dragwindsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to dragwindsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantelope View Post
I've been looking into this, just for you =P

PM searching is coming to vBulletin in version 3.8. As such, nobody's even trying to implement it currently. We'll upgrade to 3.8 as soon as it's released and we test everything. I hope it'll be in the coming weeks, but I don't think vB publishes a timeline.
Supreme thanks. I'm sorry for asking again. I'm sure you guys are TCB.

It's nice to see our requests being considered.

THANKS
__________________
To save the trouble of Ancorp reading it in every post: Inokatsu



dragwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 23:12   #178
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb
 
Mantelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro_Neko View Post
I'm not sure exactly how to phrase this suggestion, but altering/improving search engine to accept Boolean strings, also exact phrase searches (I'm sure this type of search has a name but I don't know it) would be very greatly appreciated. For example if I wanted the search engine to return only threads that contain the exact phrase, Classic Army M15a4, I would enter "Classic Army M15a4". As it stands now with or without quotes entering that search string gives me threads containing any combination of one or more of those words.

This is particularly annoying when searching for a specific type of some common item such as mags. You enter star mp5 mags and you get any thread mentioning any type of mags by any manufacturer, you also get results mentioning any type of mp5 gun and anything manufactured by star. This leads to pouring through at least three times as many threads to find what you're looking for.

Other then that the site is great. Thanks for everything and keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Kuro_Neko
I don't know why we didn't have this enabled before. Boolean searching is now enabled, along with phrases and wildcards. Check out the full usage guide here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...t-boolean.html
__________________
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 23:14   #179
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb
 
Mantelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragwindsor View Post
Supreme thanks. I'm sorry for asking again. I'm sure you guys are TCB.

It's nice to see our requests being considered.

THANKS
ASC exists not because of the website, but because of the community it draws on. If we're not making you guys happy, we're not doing our job.

Rest assured, PM search will come ASAP.
__________________
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 23:25   #180
Kuro_Neko
 
Kuro_Neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantelope View Post
I don't know why we didn't have this enabled before. Boolean searching is now enabled, along with phrases and wildcards. Check out the full usage guide here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...t-boolean.html
Thank you! This is going to make searching for things so much easier.

Kuro_neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 16:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.