Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The Big Feedback Thread

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 19th, 2008, 19:16   #1
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb
 
Mantelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
The Big Feedback Thread

What don't you like about ASC? What would you change?

Do we need more colour schemes? More options for how the board is displayed?
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 19:17   #2
Conscript
AKaholic
 
Conscript's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: GTA
How about more rainbow .gif ad's?

Seriously though, the user information is a bit squished up iI would space it a bit.

Harley you are doing an excellent job my man.
Conscript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 19:31   #3
cbcsteve
Nice Guy
 
cbcsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Markham
Rental Thread
Perhaps have a specific Rental Thread that people can see

I think its a good idea cause it allows people like me to get their friends to come and play and test out any gun they want before buying

And the Rental thread can have sub-forums dividing the regional areas

Which then Divide into certain municipalities

Example

Ontario
>Windsor
> London
> Toronto
>Scarborough
>Markham
Alberta

Noobs Thread
Personally I have not read the entire rule forum, I pretty much play as I go. So perhaps we can brainstorm on how to make the rules more user friendly.

That Cartoon of Airsoft Rules is classic definitely need to sticky it or compensate that user for creating it

My ideas would be to just have a Thread called
"Airsoft Noob's FAQ"
"Newbie House"
"Newbie FAQ"

something along those lines
__________________
- Pistolero Steve -


Last edited by cbcsteve; October 19th, 2008 at 19:33..
cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 19:33   #4
Mr.Planters
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Send a message via MSN to Mr.Planters
the gallery, really, it sucks.
Mr.Planters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 19:38   #5
Donster
 
Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ontario
i would like to have those cool names under our usernames be brought back in that we can make our own. Especially now that the Staff have their own special banners, we no longer need to make them mod exclusive (i.e.: Moderator, Super Moderator etc). That being said, it would be nice if the current banners that say "Supporter" and such, are revamped and made to look more ASCish instead of LV Casinoish. just my two cents. Other than that, the layout is nice and easy to follow.
__________________
(SFW:Check out this band!)www.myspace.com/maryroseobsession
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 19:43   #6
Lorden
 
Lorden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Send a message via MSN to Lorden
Can't see people's post counts anymore. I like to do business with people with a higher post count / older join data. Then again I have an older join date but was a lurker until very very recently. So bring back the post counts!
__________________
Custom AK-47, G&P Stubby Killer, Maruzen MP5K, KWA M11A1, WE SCAR-L, WE M92 Marine, Bravo tri-shot spring shottie (full stock), WE M14 EBR Silver
Lorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 19:49   #7
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorden View Post
Can't see people's post counts anymore. I like to do business with people with a higher post count / older join data. Then again I have an older join date but was a lurker until very very recently. So bring back the post counts!
Just look in their profile, it's still there.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:14   #8
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman
 
Shirley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
i would like to have those cool names under our usernames be brought back in that we can make our own. Especially now that the Staff have their own special banners, we no longer need to make them mod exclusive (i.e.: Moderator, Super Moderator etc). That being said, it would be nice if the current banners that say "Supporter" and such, are revamped and made to look more ASCish instead of LV Casinoish. just my two cents. Other than that, the layout is nice and easy to follow.
Yeah, I want those sub name thingys.
A mod named me once, but then took it off. :P



And this ad right here is freakin hilarious!!!
__________________

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:20   #9
Ktown Militia
 
Ktown Militia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Yeah, I want those sub name thingys.
A mod named me once, but then took it off. :P



And this ad right here is freakin hilarious!!!
LMFAO!!

Love the changes so far people, you've done a great jo so far, keep up the good work.

Ummm, I would like the newer/underage members to have to read some faq's and important threads before posting. There will be less flaming, and weed out the people that do not need to be here on ASC.
__________________
Ktown Militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:23   #10
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman
 
Shirley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktown Militia View Post
LMFAO!!

Love the changes so far people, you've done a great jo so far, keep up the good work.

Ummm, I would like the newer/underage members to have to read some faq's and important threads before posting. There will be less flaming, and weed out the people that do not need to be here on ASC.
Well if new members sign up, they should not have the privilidge to post from the day signing up to a week. So after a week, they may post.
That way, less noob questions, and more reading.
__________________

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:25   #11
max.power
 
max.power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thorold, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Well if new members sign up, they should not have the privilidge to post from the day signing up to a week. So after a week, they may post.
That way, less noob questions, and more reading.
That's a great idea. Or at least only make the newbie threads available to them at first. Once all three are "read," (I know, it's as easy as marking all threads read, but some may get the idea and read it), then they can post.
max.power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:29   #12
Yannos
likes touching tralalas
 
Yannos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Je me souviens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Well if new members sign up, they should not have the privilidge to post from the day signing up to a week. So after a week, they may post.
That way, less noob questions, and more reading.
+1 for this. And IMO its the easiest way to do it.

For the rest,

-Keep the posts count hidden, if you really want to know his post count go on his profile.

-The layout is easy to surf so for me its ok.

-The Noob section would be a +, like cbcsteve said.

-Really there is nothing that bugs me about ASC right now.
__________________
EF-02 SEMPER FI
Yannos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:31   #13
Ktown Militia
 
Ktown Militia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
I did like seeing the post count below the avatar.
__________________
Ktown Militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:38   #14
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations
 
MadMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
Some sort of airsoft specific quiz for new members to stop spam posters from joining. If you at least need to do a little reading before joining spammers might be stymied.

Maybe some basic questions like: what does the middle initial stand for in "fps"?
__________________
Want nearly free GBB gas?

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:44   #15
Qlong
Division
 
Qlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
We should have our own tutorial/How-to section, detailed articles with pics submitted by users would be a nice resource to have for newbies and regulars alike.
__________________

Weee!
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.