Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft Canada 2008

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:29   #91
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev
 
Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Trenton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
I can start selling man-love video's of porn actors in army uniforms? SWEET

Ep 1 will have some dude with a PTW, thats for sure
(With one of The Acer gigantic silencers on it)

Why am I not surprised you have gay porn?
__________________
Nothing to see here
May you live in interesting times.
ASCMART, your smart choice
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:31   #92
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Why am I not surprised you have gay porn?
Because i got them from your computer?

Edit: Can i get my old title back please. Oh and someone fix the smillies please
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney View Post
Yes it is hard to find an Instructor that teaches how to Finger, Suck, Squeeze and Blow all at the same time.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:41   #93
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman
 
Shirley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Hmm, so the new Airsoft Canada of 2008 is based on Ronan making gay porn with a PTW.
D:
__________________

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:44   #94
The Acer
 
The Acer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leduc AB
Send a message via MSN to The Acer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Hmm, so the new Airsoft Canada of 2008 is based on Ronan making gay porn with a PTW.
D:
dont forget about The Acer's huge silencer
The Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:46   #95
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman
 
Shirley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Acer View Post
dont forget about The Acer's huge silencer
Don't you mean dildo? Ahem*

LOL
__________________

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 03:39   #96
Yannos
likes touching tralalas
 
Yannos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Je me souviens
Ok, That Quick links on the left drives me nuts lol.
Can I disable it in my User CP?
__________________
EF-02 SEMPER FI
Yannos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 03:49   #97
Kuro_Neko
 
Kuro_Neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Quote:
Originally Posted by SdtAuclair View Post
Ok, That Quick links on the left drives me nuts lol.
Can I disable it in my User CP?
A big +1 to that!

Kuro_Neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:06   #98
Tech
 
Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Burnaby,BC
Send a message via MSN to Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by SdtAuclair View Post
Ok, That Quick links on the left drives me nuts lol.
Can I disable it in my User CP?
+100000000 It also seems to slow down page loading time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftonius View Post
Dammit, White Knight never should have made this, now Planters is gonna show this picture to the entire internet saying "This is when I cleared the cornfield outside of Baghdad and found Saddam Hussein! DRRRRR I'M BLACKWATER!!! DRRRR! Oh hai Ronan! *insert ***** in mouth*"
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:08   #99
McKay
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winterpeg the frozen hell hole
Send a message via MSN to McKay Send a message via Yahoo to McKay
Yeah the quick links thing is really annoying. A way to toggle it would be nice.
__________________
Proud owner of the FA36-74u
XBL Gamer Tag: Knightly McKay
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:09   #100
F!reStorm*
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Send a message via MSN to F!reStorm*
My Feedback on the new site design.

Two points.

1) The new quick link box on the left;

- disfigure the look of the site. (Threads' list got smaller)
- Puts the big ass ad the comes with it in the spotlights. (Not subtle ads)
- Quick links? What's the real purpose of it? It's pretty much useless.


2) Like mentionned before, the content of the ads;

- They have nothing to do with airsoft.
- Credit score ads are still present.


I wanted to wait a couple of weeks before saying anything. I wanted to wait until the changes where pretty much fixed to avoid commenting on things that wouldnt last or would just be temporary.

Now, I know this is a privately owned site web and that I could just fuck off if I don't like the way it is but I wanted to state my views anyway. Honestly, I was ok with most of the changes, beside what I said in my second point. However, the big banner on the left that follows, what I think of a useless, quick link box pretty much disapointed me. It might sound exagerated but in my mind, this demonstrate pretty well where ASC is heading at. Looks like what was at start a few ideas to support ASC might just get transformed in something less helpful and less innocent, maybe.

Speculations aside, this big banner takes all the view space and is not needed. Even more so that it displays credit score and related shits. Please keep the design simple, the yesterday's version was perfect.

Thanks you,

F!reStorm*
__________________
Specters Corporation, Private Military Company.

"Task Force Afghanistan, To your fallen comrade, salute!"
F!reStorm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:24   #101
Cheesevillage
 
Cheesevillage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStorm* View Post
My Feedback on the new site design.

Two points.

1) The new quick link box on the left;

- disfigure the look of the site. (Threads' list got smaller)
- Puts the big ass ad the comes with it in the spotlights. (Not subtle ads)
- Quick links? What's the real purpose of it? It's pretty much useless.


2) Like mentionned before, the content of the ads;

- They have nothing to do with airsoft.
- Credit score ads are still present.


I wanted to wait a couple of weeks before saying anything. I wanted to wait until the changes where pretty much fixed to avoid commenting on things that wouldnt last or would just be temporary.

Now, I know this is a privately owned site web and that I could just fuck off if I don't like the way it is but I wanted to state my views anyway. Honestly, I was ok with most of the changes, beside what I said in my second point. However, the big banner on the left that follows, what I think of a useless, quick link box pretty much disapointed me. It might sound exagerated but in my mind, this demonstrate pretty well where ASC is heading at. Looks like what was at start a few ideas to support ASC might just get transformed in something less helpful and less innocent, maybe.

Speculations aside, this big banner takes all the view space and is not needed. Even more so that it displays credit score and related shits. Please keep the design simple, the yesterday's version was perfect.

Thanks you,

F!reStorm*

+1

The clutter is mounting at an alarming rate. ASC used to be sleeker and nicer on the eyes.
__________________
-Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Cheesevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 08:45   #102
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril
 
FOX_111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Terrebonne, Québec
Agreed. I came here to complain about the new quick link box to the left that is super anoying. Even on a 22" monitor, it's very anoying, I can't imagine on a small 15".

There is a lot of useless cluther in here. Search bars, thread titles on top of each subject (take too much place.)

I prefer the sleaker, faster, simpler ASC of before.
__________________

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:08   #103
Sergeantmajor
 
Sergeantmajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
+1 to all of the above, its making my eyes bleed and my computer shudder.
__________________
"Lieutenant John Chard: The army doesn't like more than one disaster in a day.
Bromhead: Looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast."
- ZULU (1964)
Sergeantmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:29   #104
Crunchmeister
 
Crunchmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In your bedroom going though your underwear drawer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
Agreed. I came here to complain about the new quick link box to the left that is super anoying. Even on a 22" monitor, it's very anoying, I can't imagine on a small 15".
Agreed. I find that new box is of no significant use and takes up 20% of the screen width real estate. I'm down with almost all the other cosmetic changes to ASC so far, but I think this last one is a bad idea. Even on my 24" widescreen monitor, it takes up way too much space.

And the new thread title at the top of the page is also of no use and redundant. Takes up about 200 pixels and all it does is repeat the info that we already see in the breadcrumb trail and the title bar. It's really not that hard to see what thread we're in at a glance. While it's not really bad, it just takes up screen space for no purpose.

As for people complaining about the ads - make a small donation to ASC, and you get the option of turning the google ads off.
__________________
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:34   #105
Double Tapper
 
Double Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The land of the over regulated and the banners
Send a message via MSN to Double Tapper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeantmajor View Post
+1 to all of the above, its making my eyes bleed and my computer shudder.

I can't agree more,I have the screen set to 1024 x 768 to view everything on the forum normal without sliding left and right to read stuff.Now the threads have shrunk to almost 3/4 of the screen,I not sure I want view much more of this.And no I can't afford 10 bucks right now,buying my springs was outside my budget.This forum is starting
to look like honest Ed's store front.
__________________

Last edited by Double Tapper; November 13th, 2008 at 10:51..
Double Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.