Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft Canada 2008

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:43   #76
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb
 
Mantelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by surebet View Post
Teehee...

Seriously, a better output of the trader rattings + AV + join date would be best.
This is something I definitely want to address... the problem is, everyone has different opinions about what's good and what's not. I think we're going to keep post counts off by default, but add an option to enable their display. Trader ratings, I'd like to display numbers briefly on every page, but I'm not quite sure how I'm going to accomplish that technically yet. Join date and AV... how else could those be displayed?
__________________
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2008, 13:32   #77
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb
 
Mantelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Make sure you check out http://www.airsoftcanada.com/profile.php?do=editoptions every so often, I'm constantly adding options so that you can have ASC presented to you in the way you want. There's a show-post-counts option now, and you can change the userbars that get displayed as well.
__________________
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2008, 20:47   #78
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb
 
Mantelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Check out the new and improved gallery! http://gallery.airsoftcanada.com/
__________________
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 00:40   #79
arman
 
arman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Windsor, Ont.
im not a big fan of the stupid threads getting LOCKED that fast.... let us have some fun....
__________________

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 00:42   #80
Tech
 
Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Burnaby,BC
Send a message via MSN to Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by arman View Post
im not a big fan of the stupid threads getting LOCKED that fast.... let us have some fun....
I think not locking a thread on ASC is actually an easy way to lead to an atomic explosion lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftonius View Post
Dammit, White Knight never should have made this, now Planters is gonna show this picture to the entire internet saying "This is when I cleared the cornfield outside of Baghdad and found Saddam Hussein! DRRRRR I'M BLACKWATER!!! DRRRR! Oh hai Ronan! *insert ***** in mouth*"
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 00:48   #81
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by arman View Post
im not a big fan of the stupid threads getting LOCKED that fast.... let us have some fun....
I'm a big fan of stupid threads getting locked very fast. Fun should not come at the expense of immediate ceasation of stupidity.
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 00:51   #82
arman
 
arman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Windsor, Ont.
edit doubble post....
__________________

playing with my kid!

Last edited by arman; October 30th, 2008 at 00:52.. Reason: doubble posting..
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 00:53   #83
arman
 
arman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I'm a big fan of stupid threads getting locked very fast. Fun should not come at the expense of immediate ceasation of stupidity.
why not... i need stupid humour.... this is where i used to get it
__________________

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2008, 14:01   #84
Mist3r.B
formerly Botchbomber
 
Mist3r.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Send a message via MSN to Mist3r.B
Feel there's to much add banner,or they are maybe simply at the wrong place the one on the top doesn't bother me at all, but the 2 on each side really overload the page. Making it too condensed and visually heavy.

I liked the old "Breezy" format better.
__________________
Mist3r.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2008, 14:08   #85
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb
 
Mantelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botchbomber View Post
Feel there's to much add banner,or they are maybe simply at the wrong place the one on the top doesn't bother me at all, but the 2 on each side really overload the page. Making it too condensed and visually heavy.

I liked the old "Breezy" format better.
We're only going to have one banner on the front page, but we're trying out two different advertising partners at the moment. Both ads will be up for a short period of time, but it's only to see which one is more effective.

We're still tweaking the ads heavily; expect more changes tonight. We really hope we're not pissing too many people off. Site supporters will still have the option of turning off the third-party ads (Google and now Project Wonderful too).
__________________
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 00:45   #86
mcguyver
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern Alberta
Do you guys have a list of items posted up that are not acceptible items to sell on ASC? I know there are some pretty odd things that have come up, like blank-firing guns, real guns, etc.

As regulations on items gets tighter in many areas, it seems like a logical thing to do.
__________________
Age verifier Northern Alberta

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:34   #87
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev
 
Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Trenton
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Do you guys have a list of items posted up that are not acceptible items to sell on ASC? I know there are some pretty odd things that have come up, like blank-firing guns, real guns, etc.

As regulations on items gets tighter in many areas, it seems like a logical thing to do.

I don't think it's posted but I think the only verboten stuff is anything illegal to begin with, anything requiring a PAL and blank firing guns (I don't know if a PAL is required for them, but we don't want them, take them over to CGN). I haven't seen porn listed in the classifieds either, but while we are not out right opposed to it it should be clearly titled in the thread title as porn and NSFW (yes "porn for sale" should be a good indicator of NSFW but I think in this instance we can over kill a little).
Obviously charging for copied music/videos is not allowed and that includes charging an extra fee to have an iPod filled. If it doesn't come with the originals it's not legit for sale (though if an iPod happened to be filled with music and videos when it was shipped that has nothing to do with us, it's up to you to erase your back ups).
__________________
Nothing to see here
May you live in interesting times.
ASCMART, your smart choice
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:20   #88
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Well there have been guns posted in the classifieds. But only by BC_K I think.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:22   #89
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev
 
Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Trenton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Well there have been guns posted in the classifieds. But only by BC_K I think.

It was removed and when the NAR classifieds were first opened there was an example done and removed (it was posted at an insanely high price, as the owner didn't want to sell, just get dialog going).
__________________
Nothing to see here
May you live in interesting times.
ASCMART, your smart choice
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:25   #90
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
I don't think it's posted but I think the only verboten stuff is anything illegal to begin with, anything requiring a PAL and blank firing guns (I don't know if a PAL is required for them, but we don't want them, take them over to CGN). I haven't seen porn listed in the classifieds either, but while we are not out right opposed to it it should be clearly titled in the thread title as porn and NSFW (yes "porn for sale" should be a good indicator of NSFW but I think in this instance we can over kill a little).
Obviously charging for copied music/videos is not allowed and that includes charging an extra fee to have an iPod filled. If it doesn't come with the originals it's not legit for sale (though if an iPod happened to be filled with music and videos when it was shipped that has nothing to do with us, it's up to you to erase your back ups).
I can start selling man-love video's of porn actors in army uniforms? SWEET

Ep 1 will have some dude with a PTW, thats for sure
(With one of The Acer gigantic silencers on it)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney View Post
Yes it is hard to find an Instructor that teaches how to Finger, Suck, Squeeze and Blow all at the same time.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 16:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.