Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

D-Boy

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 13th, 2008, 23:39   #16
Conscript
AKaholic
 
Conscript's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: GTA
The D-Boy's line of AK's is extremley solid. I went to a game recently and someone dropped a D-Boy's AK74u off the table about 2 1/2 feet high, nothing happened to the gun, not even a scratch.

What was miraculous about this is that the gun was locked up prior to the fall, and after it was working just fine.

Don't believe me? PM Ancorp.
Conscript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 00:24   #17
krazie Sj
 
krazie Sj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: CowTown
Send a message via AIM to krazie Sj Send a message via MSN to krazie Sj Send a message via Yahoo to krazie Sj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
They're known for terrible tolerances and EXTREMELY sketchy build materials.

Sure you can save maybe 150-200 bucks by buying a China clone.. but once your shitty body breaks, you'll have to shell out ATLEAST another 100 bucks (If you want another POS Dboy's body)

Dboys, JG, Cyma all that doesn't hold a candle to the New Classic Army and G&P Stuff.
Not surprisingly. Like I said I'm after a back up weapon/loaner. I don't expect to be tossing this around like my TM G3SG1 with metal body. I could club a rhinoceros to death with that and still use it to pound in a rail way spike after. However, I'm not looking to spend over $700 for a gun like this. If I had the spare cash, sure done thing. Paying off a $40,000 truck...not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDD View Post
I use the Spr m-16 from d-boys and couldnt be happier
the tales of easy to strip screws is correct and the stock does have a fragile feel, but it has operated flawlessly since I got it and still shoots 400 fps w/.20's
Yeah, like I said, it seems to be that they're either Tip to the fucking top or a complete lemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conscript View Post
The D-Boy's line of AK's is extremley solid. I went to a game recently and someone dropped a D-Boy's AK74u off the table about 2 1/2 feet high, nothing happened to the gun, not even a scratch.

What was miraculous about this is that the gun was locked up prior to the fall, and after it was working just fine.

Don't believe me? PM Ancorp.
I saw the thread about the new AK's they made. Seemed like they were a quality build.

I like a gun that is fixed by a good beating. Pity my computer didn't function the same way.

The SPR is pretty new to their line as well so I'm hoping the same sturdiness will apply.
__________________


Some people call them Terrorists. These boys have simply been...misguided.
krazie Sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 00:26   #18
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
their aks74u is the best gun for the money hands down, hoping to get one soon
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 00:36   #19
Skladfin
 
Skladfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, B.C
I've had experience on CA, G&P, G&G, KWA and Dboys M4s.

The best metal body I say has to go to CA, they have a really good design that holds the hop up unit in place properly(Improves accuracy). Fitment was quite good too.

G&P used chalk paint and It felt weird, and there were gaps between the upper and lower receiver. This is a problem because if you drop the gun in water, the liquid will soak in much faster and with much more volume(And since it's at the back of the receiver, it will go straight to the mechbox). Also, it will wiggle, which causes accuracy problems.

G&G's magnesium receiver, kinda sucked. Felt like plastic and it was thinner than other brands. Everything was okay, just okay, nothing to brag about.

KWA needs major reconstructive surgery if you wanted to use a one piece hop up unit, which is okay if you dont want to. Fitment is pretty good with anything really, and external appearance and quality is identical to CA.

Dboys is probably the second to CA. If I were to build a scratch M4 today, I would probably use Dboys over any other metal bodies(I would choose CA if they had more markings and costed less...). The new version doesn't have a gap between the upper and lower receiver. Fitment with their own Aftermarket gearbox is superb. No filing down the mag well was needed either, everything fit. External feel is identical to CA and KWA. Quite superb imo.

If I were to rank from best to worst...

CA
Dboys
KWA
G&G
G&P

Last edited by Skladfin; October 14th, 2008 at 00:43..
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:29   #20
Dusti69
 
Dusti69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Huntingdon, PA Helsinki Vampires Forever!
Send a message via Yahoo to Dusti69
G&P worst?? i have none of the problems you mentioned with my g&p zombie killer body. everything on it fits right together
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerBRo View Post
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)
Dusti69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:36   #21
jesster202
 
jesster202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London Ontario
i Had the spr model the gun was solid only thing i would recomend dropping in a better stock it is not bad but not the best, and a tightbore and leave her until it stops working i have had tonns of d boys guns their all great its when you get their stand alone recivers it gets sketchy iv had exzactly 27 come though my hands and 2 i couldnt sell because the threading and the tube were that messed outher than that their rails are great but the spr is deffently one of their best of their armlight products.
__________________
MY COLLECTION
AEG
M4 coustom full metal with king arms metal body //\\ Galaxy MP5 PDW
GAS/SPRING

KJW M9 FULLY UPGRADED //\\KWA FULL SIZE USP //\\ TF MAC11
GEAR
Coyote Brown CIRAS
jesster202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:37   #22
Shrapnel[Op-For]
 
Shrapnel[Op-For]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond B.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
their aks74u is the best gun for the money hands down, hoping to get one soon
I have also heard many good things about the 74su. Theres a good review of it by "editor" on youtube, seems like a very solid gun.
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:38   #23
krazie Sj
 
krazie Sj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: CowTown
Send a message via AIM to krazie Sj Send a message via MSN to krazie Sj Send a message via Yahoo to krazie Sj
Awesome. Not only what I wanted to hear, but also from someone who actually owned the SPR. What caused you to sell her if you don't mind my asking>?
__________________


Some people call them Terrorists. These boys have simply been...misguided.
krazie Sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:38   #24
jesster202
 
jesster202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London Ontario
by the way king arms metal body have to be the best just though i throw that in their also!!!!
__________________
MY COLLECTION
AEG
M4 coustom full metal with king arms metal body //\\ Galaxy MP5 PDW
GAS/SPRING

KJW M9 FULLY UPGRADED //\\KWA FULL SIZE USP //\\ TF MAC11
GEAR
Coyote Brown CIRAS
jesster202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:44   #25
Skladfin
 
Skladfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, B.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusti69 View Post
G&P worst?? i have none of the problems you mentioned with my g&p zombie killer body. everything on it fits right together
All other metal bodies fit together tightly too.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 12:58   #26
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
I've had experience on CA, G&P, G&G, KWA and Dboys M4s.

The best metal body I say has to go to CA, they have a really good design that holds the hop up unit in place properly(Improves accuracy). Fitment was quite good too.

G&P used chalk paint and It felt weird, and there were gaps between the upper and lower receiver. This is a problem because if you drop the gun in water, the liquid will soak in much faster and with much more volume(And since it's at the back of the receiver, it will go straight to the mechbox). Also, it will wiggle, which causes accuracy problems.

G&G's magnesium receiver, kinda sucked. Felt like plastic and it was thinner than other brands. Everything was okay, just okay, nothing to brag about.

KWA needs major reconstructive surgery if you wanted to use a one piece hop up unit, which is okay if you dont want to. Fitment is pretty good with anything really, and external appearance and quality is identical to CA.

Dboys is probably the second to CA. If I were to build a scratch M4 today, I would probably use Dboys over any other metal bodies(I would choose CA if they had more markings and costed less...). The new version doesn't have a gap between the upper and lower receiver. Fitment with their own Aftermarket gearbox is superb. No filing down the mag well was needed either, everything fit. External feel is identical to CA and KWA. Quite superb imo.

If I were to rank from best to worst...

CA
Dboys
KWA
G&G
G&P
...

How much G&P Have you dealt with?

... I don't think I need to say but I have ALOT of experience with airsoft guns... and G&P Are the best of the best when it comes to AEG's..

Their bodies aren't "Chalk painted" they are anodized instead of painted... G&P is made out of the highest quality aluminum out of any major airsoft gun producer... (Yes, Even the Systema PTW's)

Have you ever seen a Dboy's body that's fractured? It looks like a fuckin' aero bar...
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6

Last edited by Amos; October 14th, 2008 at 14:51..
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 01:34   #27
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *
 
DarkAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scarborough
Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
I Agree with Amos.
Ive been working on countless brands, ESPECIALLY armalite varients.

Id rank it
Guarder
CA
G&P
KWA
G&G
Dboys

My reasoning is. Guarder and CA both anodize their metals. This is why Guarder + CA always have superb Realsteel quality finishes. If you ever handle a CA or a Guarder next to a Dboys or ICS you will see OBVIOUS differences. As for quality, I find Guarder has much more real weight to it compared to CA (Because CA is made of light aluminum) However, Guarder does have some mag fitment issues. King arms and some CA mags dont fit in Guarder Magwells without modification (some filing in the magwell and or mags depending on the mags) However from my experience, Classic Army Receivers have fitted every brand of mag ive tried. TM, CA, KA, G&P, Star, MAG, Magpull, etc. I only rate Guarder higher than CA for looks. Guarder also comes with fully functional furniture, while CA is Non functional (but can be modified to be a full function receiver). However, CA seems to take the cake for functionality.

Now for G&P... What can i say... They are GOOD aftermarket receivers. They dont have the same look, and i think Guarder's Anodizing is MUCH better, but the metal quality is solid, and their QC is pretty good. However, they have GHASTLY fitting problems with King Arms Mags and several others that i have tried. G&P also has a functioning receiver and comes VERY close to CA with looks. However, due to the mag issues, it comes after CA. However though i would never buy a G&P Gun (the plastics of the gun feel REALLY fake) as well as their complete guns just doesnt feel right, I 100% endorse their Accessory Line. Ive had a G&P R500 Taclite (500 Lumen Rechargable Taclite) for 2 years. Dispite the numerous night games ive gone to over the last 2 years, Ive only had to charge it ONCE. It came charged out of the box ready to use, ive dropped it, smacked it, immersed in water, etc and it ALWAYS works. (Only weak spot is the pressure switch which is absolute garbage). Ask Shwag + George, they got first hand experience when it was used on them. Ive also had multiple positive experiences with their Battery Crane Stocks, Lasers, AN/PEQ2's, etc. Though my overall judgement in ranking disagrees with Amos, and yes i do agree that G&P Receivers are better than Systema's. We both are looking at two different perspectives, it depends entirely of course on what your looking for in a receiver.

KWA + G&G are both Taiwaneese Companies and their metal quality is not as good as CA, G&P and Guarder. Now to be fair, i havent had much experience with these brands in terms of AEGs but from what i remember the finish is power coat/painted and dont really give a very realistic finish. I dont have any experience with mag fittings on these receivers.

Last of all, is Dboys. Its GARBAGE... Stay Away. THey have MAJOR fitting issues with magazines and require modifications to fit any major brand of magazine (Besides Dboys). Even the Americans (who buy ALOT more lower end Airsoft guns such as JG/KWA/etc compared to canadians) wont even touch them. Warstore In NY refuses to even stock them, or order them in custom as they have had COUNTLESS issues and since Dboys has NO Warrenties, they just refuse to deal with the product due to more than 1/2 of them being returned. The Metal body is made of pot metal, and has HUNDREDS of air holes inside the metal where you cannot see. Almost No reinforcing qualitys, crap finish. I just cant understand why anyone would waste their money on this crap. Id rather stick with a TM Plastic body than a DBoys peice of shit.
__________________

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns

Last edited by DarkAngel; October 15th, 2008 at 01:39..
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 02:53   #28
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Their bodies aren't "Chalk painted" they are anodized instead of painted... G&P is made out of the highest quality aluminum out of any major airsoft gun producer... (Yes, Even the Systema PTW's)
Have a look at the Prime PTW bodies, those are the BEST you can get atm. In reguards of G&P vs PTW stock bodies... i wouldnl't be surprise if the more expensive G&P bodies were better. But Prime wins the best metal body, if they make regular AEG metal bodies, go for those.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney View Post
Yes it is hard to find an Instructor that teaches how to Finger, Suck, Squeeze and Blow all at the same time.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 02:59   #29
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Have a look at the Prime PTW bodies, those are the BEST you can get atm. In reguards of G&P vs PTW stock bodies... i wouldnl't be surprise if the more expensive G&P bodies were better. But Prime wins the best metal body, if they make regular AEG metal bodies, go for those.
They're also ludicrously expensive and CNC'd. Of course they'll be better.

Give your head a shake.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 03:00   #30
jesster202
 
jesster202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London Ontario
lol am i the only one who thinks king arms is the bomb!!!!
__________________
MY COLLECTION
AEG
M4 coustom full metal with king arms metal body //\\ Galaxy MP5 PDW
GAS/SPRING

KJW M9 FULLY UPGRADED //\\KWA FULL SIZE USP //\\ TF MAC11
GEAR
Coyote Brown CIRAS
jesster202 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.