Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Good day chaps, couple questions

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:42   #1
GeneralMatt
 
GeneralMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Killaloe, Ontario
Good day chaps, couple questions

Good day all.

First off, as you probably can tell quite simply, I am new to this forum, though I have been reading it for the last couple days.

Anyways, I will say it up front, I am not 18 yet, not for a couple months (I was quite sore at missing being able to vote in the the election by so little. ), so obviously, I cannot yet be age verified.

In any case, I have been considering, once I can do it legally of course, getting my hands on some form of the M1 Garand. I was thinking the Marushin one, but it does seem a fair amount more cost wise, and the gas seems to be more than my funds would permit. (To have to continually buy more that is).

So, even though the main reason I would want a Garand is historical purposes (I am a history geek), the M14 conversion seemed to be the best choice in the long run.

Now, I have looked through the FAQ, and read through different threads, and I am still somewhat confused on this. Are the TM M14s allowed at all in Canada? And second off, if so, (And because I obviously cannot look for myself) I was wondering how common they are on the marketplace that is related to this forums, and what price they go for generally?

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to even read this,

Matthew
GeneralMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:45   #2
Donster
 
Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ontario
First off. if you want a gun, your only bet is to obtain it if it is already in Canada, i.e: you find it on the boards. That being said, there are a number of M14's on the board atm so no worries. i hope that answers most of your questions.
__________________
(SFW:Check out this band!)www.myspace.com/maryroseobsession
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:49   #3
GeneralMatt
 
GeneralMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Killaloe, Ontario
Yes, thank you.

How much would one of them go for, is that shareable?
GeneralMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:50   #4
Donster
 
Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ontario
PM'd
__________________
(SFW:Check out this band!)www.myspace.com/maryroseobsession
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:52   #5
GeneralMatt
 
GeneralMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Killaloe, Ontario
Many thanks!
GeneralMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 13:58   #6
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
You might want to check out the FAQ regarding green gas, all you really need is a can of propane from wherever and an adaptor for the propane outlet.

Green Gas = Propane

There are a lot of M14's in the classifieds and they can range anywhere from a couple hundred to $800+ (including a few upgrades, mags, etc.).

If you're a history major and just want it as a showpiece all you should be looking for is a cheap M14.

I would suggest however that an M4 might be a better starter weapon as you can play CQB and outdoors. Whereas the M14 is really more of an outside weapon because of it's length.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 14:17   #7
GeneralMatt
 
GeneralMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Killaloe, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
You might want to check out the FAQ regarding green gas, all you really need is a can of propane from wherever and an adaptor for the propane outlet.

Green Gas = Propane

There are a lot of M14's in the classifieds and they can range anywhere from a couple hundred to $800+ (including a few upgrades, mags, etc.).

If you're a history major and just want it as a showpiece all you should be looking for is a cheap M14.

I would suggest however that an M4 might be a better starter weapon as you can play CQB and outdoors. Whereas the M14 is really more of an outside weapon because of it's length.
Ahh, so THAT was what Green gas is... I always thought it was some sort of special, expensive gas, even though people did not talk about it like that...

Haha, no, I am not a history major, I just want a Garand looking gun, and the M14 conversion seemed to be the cheaper way to go for the moment (I unfortunately do not have a lot of cash hanging around right now). But I would hope to play with it, some friends introduced it to me, just the cheap ones though. But we tried a tactical scale game, and I was hooked.

That said, I do like history, so I was thinking of some way to combine it, without costing a fortune..
GeneralMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 21:08   #8
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
You should have no problem with age verification, may I say welcome to the community and you actually read the FAQ's so you're off to a good start.

It might take a while to get verified though because the verifiers are doing this on a purely voluntary basis and may not always have the right scheduling to meet up with you. That being said they will go to some length to try and verify you.

Mine took about 2 weeks (after I turned 18) to do because of scheduling on both my part and the verifiers. Plus another week or so to get the verification status passed on to the mods.

Not only can you use propane but you can also use duster gas.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 21:09   #9
Donster
 
Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
You should have no problem with age verification, may I say welcome to the community and you actually read the FAQ's so you're off to a good start.

It might take a while to get verified though because the verifiers are doing this on a purely voluntary basis and may not always have the right scheduling to meet up with you. That being said they will go to some length to try and verify you.

Mine took about 2 weeks (after I turned 18) to do because of scheduling on both my part and the verifiers. Plus another week or so to get the verification status passed on to the mods.

Not only can you use propane but you can also use duster gas.
that is nothing. i waited like 8-10 months after i turned 18
__________________
(SFW:Check out this band!)www.myspace.com/maryroseobsession
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 21:19   #10
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Welcome
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney View Post
Yes it is hard to find an Instructor that teaches how to Finger, Suck, Squeeze and Blow all at the same time.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 01:15   #11
GeneralMatt
 
GeneralMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Killaloe, Ontario
Thanks for the welcome guys.

In any case, yeah, with my birthday in December, that is a very busy month, so I can imagine it being cramped.
And in any case, I need any money I get at Christmas for any future purchases, unless I decide to buy something I don't really care to, which is thankfully not a huge worry of mine. I am very stingy it seems. :P

Thanks all for the tips and whatnot, it has cleared some things up in my mind. and helped me to get a better understanding of what I want to do!
GeneralMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:29   #12
Staffsgt
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
There is also a substantial WW2 airsoft group in Ontario you might want to check out. I believe they are represented in the Teams section. Alternatively you can try contacting 'leecas' on the boards here.

They'll have a lot more direction regarding the weapon, modifications, upgrade kits, and uniforms.
Staffsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 17:02   #13
GeneralMatt
 
GeneralMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Killaloe, Ontario
I have seem them, thanks, Donster put me onto them.
I might shoot them an email soon also.

Oh, would this thread be the appropriate place to ask about the conversion steps in the PDF, by leecas if I recall correctly, or should I look for a thread in the airsoft guns discussion?
GeneralMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 17:31   #14
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
Thanks for pointing me to the Garand conversion PDF, I never knew about that.

I'm not a history major or anything but I take a liking to WWII stuff. In fact I'm probably as far as you can get from History, BASc in Comp Sci specializing in GIS.

If anyone wants to do a Bren LMG conversion tutorial it would be much appreciated. I love that gun, I think it's made of win.

Also a Sten conversion guide would be much appreciated too, I'm thinking of taking an Mk 1 sniper and doing a Sten conversion but it probably lies outside of my technical expertise.

I already said this but I have a good feeling about you and you've proven yourself to not be a noob (unlike myself, I posted the "what gun is good" question and subsequently got it trashed).
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 18:42   #15
GeneralMatt
 
GeneralMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Killaloe, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Thanks for pointing me to the Garand conversion PDF, I never knew about that.

I'm not a history major or anything but I take a liking to WWII stuff. In fact I'm probably as far as you can get from History, BASc in Comp Sci specializing in GIS.

If anyone wants to do a Bren LMG conversion tutorial it would be much appreciated. I love that gun, I think it's made of win.

Also a Sten conversion guide would be much appreciated too, I'm thinking of taking an Mk 1 sniper and doing a Sten conversion but it probably lies outside of my technical expertise.

I already said this but I have a good feeling about you and you've proven yourself to not be a noob (unlike myself, I posted the "what gun is good" question and subsequently got it trashed).
Well, I was actually pointed to it myself the other day by Donster here, though I had stumbled over it by myself before. So don't thank me.

Funny you mention the Bren, that would be my choice also, I would love to see one of those in action, if not actually owning one.

I wouldn't say I am not a noob, in the actual realm of airsoft, I haven't even technically played a game, not with any of the 'real' guns. But I just read enough before to be careful what I asked.
GeneralMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.