Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Extended 1911 magazines.

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 30th, 2009, 15:55   #16
Conker
 
Conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada / Ireland
My comment was more aimed towards safx, but I get your point. I have never tried with extended mags, however it makes sense.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 16:26   #17
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.
 
Thenooblord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sherwood Forest
Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
I much prefer tha balance of my 4.3 with the long mags as opposed to the standard mags, but maybe thats just me
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 21:37   #18
diamond_SEA
 
diamond_SEA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oakbank, MB
Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
I want them because they are badass. Im a slave to aesthetics.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight View Post
your right,when it rains the burger joint across the street does have cats for 4.99$ but that doesnt mean that i can just go get all the grape jelly i want
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 22:20   #19
Slono
Slow mo.
 
Slono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_SEA View Post
I want them because they are badass. Im a slave to aesthetics.
Wouldn't a huge mag ruin the authentic look that you, as an airsoft player, are trying to replicate? If you're a slave to aesthetics then long mags should be the last thing you'd even consider for your gun. When is the last time you've seen a soldier pull out a pistol with a mag that measures longer than the gun's length? lol, if you want more gas capacity, but you still want a realistic looking gun get a hi-capa. If you want a lower profile get a single stack 1911. I don't see the reason why you'd need a huge magazine anyway unless like others have said here, you plan on using more bullets but hitting less.
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 22:32   #20
Conker
 
Conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada / Ireland
Authentic what?`

I'd have to dig a bit, but I remember seeing pictures of Force Recon operatives in training having extended 1911 mags in a drop leg mag carrier.

I won't speak for the others, but as I said before, I want to load my mag to RS numbers. So, the short mags could, well... get more.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 22:56   #21
Slono
Slow mo.
 
Slono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
Authentic what?`

I'd have to dig a bit, but I remember seeing pictures of Force Recon operatives in training having extended 1911 mags in a drop leg mag carrier.

I won't speak for the others, but as I said before, I want to load my mag to RS numbers. So, the short mags could, well... get more.
I was referring to diamond_SEA's post. I've browsed countless photo galleries of real guns and none of the pictures with extended mags are considered beautiful. Practical in battle? Yeah, maybe in real life. In airsoft, it is unnecessary unless you have a machine gun pistol like TM's 4.3 Xtreme. When a hi-cap pistol mag has the capability of firing 24-28 shots versus a real gun which is less than half that, its already not very realistic. So getting an extended mag that fires 40+ is the furthest from being real.
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 23:00   #22
Conker
 
Conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada / Ireland
What if you load it with the RS ammo capacity? If the RS standard mag is 7 bullets, then you load 7 BBs in your airsoft mag.

Samething for the extented mag.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 23:02   #23
Slono
Slow mo.
 
Slono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
What if you load it with the RS ammo capacity? If the RS standard mag is 7 bullets, then you load 7 BBs in your airsoft mag.

Samething for the extented mag.
What difference does the whole bunch of extra gas do for your gun? If you are interested in boosting the performance of the gun, though I'm new to the sport I would still recommend you to look for internal upgrades as they would help more.
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 23:03   #24
Conker
 
Conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada / Ireland
Did I talk about performance? I was talking of having RS ammo capacity only.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 23:05   #25
Slono
Slow mo.
 
Slono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
Did I talk about performance? I was talking of having RS ammo capacity only.
Wait, why do you want a higher cap mag again?

Edit: Original post - I thought Conker was the OP.

Last edited by Slono; October 30th, 2009 at 23:09..
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 23:07   #26
Conker
 
Conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada / Ireland
NP

I'm almost considering canibalizing two mags to try to solder them together and work them with my Cegep's tools.. but somehow I'm not convinced it would work XD
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 13:35   #27
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer
 
ILLusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
Wouldn't a huge mag ruin the authentic look that you, as an airsoft player, are trying to replicate? If you're a slave to aesthetics then long mags should be the last thing you'd even consider for your gun. When is the last time you've seen a soldier pull out a pistol with a mag that measures longer than the gun's length? lol, if you want more gas capacity, but you still want a realistic looking gun get a hi-capa. If you want a lower profile get a single stack 1911. I don't see the reason why you'd need a huge magazine anyway unless like others have said here, you plan on using more bullets but hitting less.
You haven't watched Magpul Dynamics, have you?

Travis Haley's loadout gives some guys boners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
What difference does the whole bunch of extra gas do for your gun? If you are interested in boosting the performance of the gun, though I'm new to the sport I would still recommend you to look for internal upgrades as they would help more.
Larger reservoirs provide more stable velocities. Plus, the ability to load 10 rounds (versus 7) in them gives you the extra capacity in a single stack profile.

I'd actually like to get my hands on some extended mags as well.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 14:37   #28
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos


There's a picture for all you "DURR ITS NOT REALISTIC ENOUGH" types
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:51   #29
Drake
E-01
 
Drake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
I'd have to dig a bit, but I remember seeing pictures of Force Recon operatives in training having extended 1911 mags in a drop leg mag carrier.
MFR get issued 8 round McCormick, Wilson or Sprinfield mags (which are identical in size to the 7 round mags). Some also carry some McCormick extended 10 round mags. (Haley was with 4th Recon)
__________________
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 17:07   #30
Slono
Slow mo.
 
Slono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA
I doubt any RS 1911 or 2011 guns that look like this can cause boners, lol.

Edit: But then again, maybe those posting here are the minority (for the look).

Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.