Airsoft Canada
https://niagaraquartermaster.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My genius brother

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 7th, 2008, 18:06   #16
Sanox
 
Sanox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Sanox
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
The guy has a hard time seeing to his far left. Although I'm assuming it's from swelling. It hit like a 1/4 inch from the eye. My brother feels completely stupid and sorry, but I explained to him that feeling sorry won't do much. Prevention and safety are the key.
So what's with the guy? Moar details plox, was he a neighbour? Some one you know? Your bro's friend? Some sexy stranger that offered candy?
Sanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 18:10   #17
warbird
 
warbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NB, Canada
He was a guy he knows. Underage too, his parents got them. I honestly have to group everyone together and review safety rules and when and how to use the guns. I'm not a pro, but I know better. It's things like these, thoughtless and irresponsible, that ruin it for others. Trust me, he will learn fro his mistake, it's just too, too bad he had to learn the hard way. My parents took the gun away for a long, long time. It will be locked somewheres, I assume.

Last edited by warbird; August 7th, 2008 at 18:13..
warbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 18:15   #18
Foxx
 
Foxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quebec, Chateauguay
Send a message via MSN to Foxx
I disagree, neither you or your brother should touch anything related to airsoft until you guys grow up well over 18 and learn proper safety rules.
__________________
Enemy Tango Pacified!
Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 18:16   #19
Strelok
 
Strelok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brandon Manitoba
Tt seems a lot of the time people will only learn from trail and error, Words will not do justice for our youth, :\.
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited by Strelok; April 11th, 2011 at 12:02..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 18:18   #20
Foxx
 
Foxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quebec, Chateauguay
Send a message via MSN to Foxx
Out of curiosity, how did they thought this would end without wearing any proper eye protection?
__________________
Enemy Tango Pacified!
Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 18:22   #21
warbird
 
warbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NB, Canada
It's beyond me. Honestly, I'm speechless right now. All I know is that these guns will be put away for a good while.
warbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 19:50   #22
comrade1
Post counts are important
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
eventuly after a wile what ever your safty corce you tok, some people just get to careless and it dosent ocure to them that some one could lose a eye and sooner or later the get a big HOLY CRAP!!! ( wake up call)
__________________
be glad to trade you some Arvin rifles... never been fired and only dropped once

Last edited by comrade1; August 9th, 2008 at 19:53.. Reason: bad spelling
comrade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 20:03   #23
Disco_Dante
 
Disco_Dante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GTA
nvm my bad
__________________


Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 04:13   #24
Kingsix
 
Kingsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Toronto
good thing that crapsoft pistol was crappy enough not to lodge in the guys eye.
__________________
Kingsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 04:28   #25
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
good thing that crapsoft pistol was crappy enough not to lodge in the guys eye.
+1 imagine with one of those hard hitting gbb... or heck a pellet gun :S
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney View Post
Yes it is hard to find an Instructor that teaches how to Finger, Suck, Squeeze and Blow all at the same time.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 04:53   #26
Cheeseduck
 
Cheeseduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
warbird...there shouldn't be any explanation at all of how dangerous guns are and to be careful with them. that talk shouldn't even b considered until they are 18 because they shouldn't have had the gun to start with! that person is damn lucky they didn't lose their eye. it's things like this that move airsoft in canada from the grey zone to the red zone....jesus christ, srry guys for my harsh reaction but i haven't been waiting 2 years to start this sport just to have it banned because 12 year olds are fuckin running around shooting people in the bloody eye. HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAD THAT GUN...YOUR PARENTS SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT!! don't mention gun safety to him because if you do, he's gonna keep playing with guns but just think he needs to b more careful...wen he shouldn't have one period. talking will just make it worse but i strongly suggest if u ever see him playin with one again even if its in a backyard game, to take it away and give him a good bitchin for touchin another airsoft gun after wat happened.
Cheeseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 13:36   #27
thePiRaTE!!
 
thePiRaTE!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
The 18+ rule is ours alone. We can't expect everyone else to abide by the airsoft scenes generally expected practices.

Its great that we have self-policing and it does - I assure you - reflect upon our scene favourably with authorities, but there are many more clear softs used stupidly every day that we just cannot control.

FWIW, it sounds Warbird like you understand and appreciate the rules and even risked flammage to get your story off your chest here. I'm glad to hear there are responsible younger players willing to pass down the voice of reason - please continue to do so. It makes a difference.
__________________
thePiRaTE!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 13:47   #28
Gigaknight
 
Gigaknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Qc
Gah, I'm glad we have our 18+ rule; my brother was trying to convince that he was mature enough to use my friend's M14. I told him he couldn't use it because it wasn't mine AND he's a minor. He got pissed and raided my room for my MP5, but I had that at a friend's house.
__________________
G&P M4 Sopmod
G&P Mk18 Mod 0
KSC USP Tactical (System 7)


T.A.C.O.
Tactical Airsoft Combat Operatives
Gigaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 13:48   #29
Foxx
 
Foxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quebec, Chateauguay
Send a message via MSN to Foxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE!! View Post
(...) but there are many more clear softs used stupidly every day that we just cannot control.
I agree with you, I work at Canadian Tire and god knows how many time I was asked for clearsoft from underage kids. We have been instructed not to sell them to persons under 16 years old but no matter if I refuse to, most of them comes back anyway with their parents who makes the purchase for them. :banghead:
__________________
Enemy Tango Pacified!
Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 20:02   #30
comrade1
Post counts are important
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
I agree with you, I work at Canadian Tire and god knows how many time I was asked for clearsoft from underage kids. We have been instructed not to sell them to persons under 16 years old but no matter if I refuse to, most of them comes back anyway with their parents who makes the purchase for them. :banghead:
I think one of the bigest reasions for people that are buying one is the fact that there way to cheep, any 6 year old with a $20 alawence can aford one of these things and thats why more and more people are loosing eyes because of all these little kids who dont have the slitest clue about safty and proper gun use, are just going Ooo lets play guns , and dont realiz the fact that some one could loose a eye and its also kind of the parents falt to because there the ones buying the gun in the first place. And i think this gives airsoft a bad name.
__________________
be glad to trade you some Arvin rifles... never been fired and only dropped once
comrade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://niagaraquartermaster.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.