Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

anderson order

:

General

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 30th, 2008, 18:26   #76
Maverick0
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
If it was easily remedied.. it would heve been
By that, I mean the solution to the problem is easily accomplished. Either a refund or a simple communication to the parties involved would have at least delayed any legal proceedings until the mentioned Sept. 08 release date of the shipment.

Anyways, It's obvious that lack of communication on the retailer's part is to blame at this point. The ball is in Mark's court. He's got to answer the people he owes goods or money to, one way or another.
__________________
Maverick0 is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 18:35   #77
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary...now with less oil industry than eco-hipster Vancouver
Fact is he has the permits, but even those permits don't allow 100% of airsoft through the border, CBSA can withhold anything they want regardless of permits, money, or common sense.
__________________
Tamiya connectors suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13 View Post
i never understood why the oil refinery had a brothel... i never see them at the refineries i work at this is bull!
ThunderCactus is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 19:06   #78
ValkXB70
 
ValkXB70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Winnipeg MB
Send a message via ICQ to ValkXB70 Send a message via MSN to ValkXB70
Forgive my ignorance, but if these were pre-ordered items that are now sitting in customs awaiting disposition why should there be a refund? I can understand demanding a refund if the order did not happen, but that does not appear to be the case here.

If you were the importer would you refund a pre-order that is awaiting customs inspection? If you did what are you going to do with the items that you are now on the hook for?
ValkXB70 is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 19:10   #79
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST
 
Drache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkXB70 View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but if these were pre-ordered items that are now sitting in customs awaiting disposition why should there be a refund? I can understand demanding a refund if the order did not happen, but that does not appear to be the case here.

If you were the importer would you refund a pre-order that is awaiting customs inspection? If you did what are you going to do with the items that you are now on the hook for?
We are talking about refunding the MARKUP PROFIT, not the initial cost of buying the guns. One some guns there is a $500 markup cost OR MORE! If Mark refunded that he would be out nothing.
Drache is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 19:31   #80
Tex
 
Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Abbotsford, B.C.
drache you have no clue how much markup there was if you did you would know there is not $500 profit on a $200 gun. why are you so interested in this if you have nothing to do with it? read some other threads about importing and the costs of doing it. the profit is slim to nil.
__________________
W-69

_/|
Tex is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 19:41   #81
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
Mark Anderson is a reasonable guy... A busy guy, be he is reasonable. I'd recommend sending him an Email... Seems he's taken notice that people are sick of waiting and want their money. I'd recommend sending him a polite email, backing it up with record of payment (EMT or whatever)...

I'm currently waiting for my refund by EMT to land in my email box
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 19:58   #82
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST
 
Drache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
drache you have no clue how much markup there was if you did you would know there is not $500 profit on a $200 gun. why are you so interested in this if you have nothing to do with it? read some other threads about importing and the costs of doing it. the profit is slim to nil.
I have pre-ordered guns from Mark and the markup (no pun intended) was 300%! Besides what I said was a "figure of speech"....
Drache is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 20:03   #83
Tex
 
Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Abbotsford, B.C.
that does not mean he PROFITED 300%! like you think.
__________________
W-69

_/|
Tex is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 20:44   #84
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary...now with less oil industry than eco-hipster Vancouver
Do some math and figure out how much it costs to expedite a triwall full of airsoft. I'll give you a hint: NOT CHEAP
However some airsoft guns are marked up a LOT more than others, but I'm not going to say which ones because they'll be extremely pissed off to find out
__________________
Tamiya connectors suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13 View Post
i never understood why the oil refinery had a brothel... i never see them at the refineries i work at this is bull!
ThunderCactus is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 21:23   #85
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
I remember he had the JLS Fn2000 marked up over 700%....
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 22:06   #86
amano999
 
amano999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
I lost out on this order as well.

From now on unless its in country I ain't buying.

From what some others lost tho seem like i got off easy :P
__________________

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia

G-69
amano999 is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 22:18   #87
arman
 
arman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
Here should be the deal! IF ITS SUCH A GAMBLE then why doesn't Mark give back the PROFIT from the guns? If you send him $700 for an AEG, mark buys that AEG from the USA for $200, but it gets confiscated, shouldn't mark give the $500 profit back?
+1 at the verry least he coulda done that...
__________________

playing with my kid!
arman is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 23:15   #88
RacingManiac
 
RacingManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada/US
Well a KJW 1911 is ~$90, Redwolf probably charged maybe $30-40 for shipping...I paid $330....so quite a bit...

again though I don't think there are much point of pursuing since legally the product purchased is on shaky ground, the risk is always there for importing items....costly lesson to learn, but thats just how it is...
__________________

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline  
Old July 30th, 2008, 23:20   #89
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST
 
Drache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
Well a KJW 1911 is ~$90, Redwolf probably charged maybe $30-40 for shipping...I paid $330....so quite a bit...

again though I don't think there are much point of pursuing since legally the product purchased is on shaky ground, the risk is always there for importing items....costly lesson to learn, but thats just how it is...
I can walk into Chilcotin Guns right now and ask for a restricted firearm imported in from the States and I dont have to pay a dime until it arrives. Of course I've done lots of business with them but even then, it was MAYBE a 25% deposit required.

If you are a business then ACT like a business!
Drache is offline  
Old July 31st, 2008, 02:13   #90
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
I can walk into Chilcotin Guns right now and ask for a restricted firearm imported in from the States and I dont have to pay a dime until it arrives. Of course I've done lots of business with them but even then, it was MAYBE a 25% deposit required.

If you are a business then ACT like a business!
Straw man
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline  
Closed ThreadTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.