Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Where do you play CQB?

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 4th, 2008, 22:20   #1
grimreefer
 
grimreefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Where do you play CQB?

Like the titles says, I'd like to know how you guys play your indoor CQB games.

I'd love to be able to rent out a warehouse or something where we could get together for some battles. Anyone ever do something like that?

Last edited by grimreefer; June 5th, 2008 at 01:31..
grimreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 22:23   #2
Muffin
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Manitoba
Xtreme Tactics here in Winnipeg.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 22:29   #3
Jiggiwatt
 
Jiggiwatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Out East we have 'the Mill' which is basically an abandoned paper mill. It's VERY big. I'd be curious to know what the square footage is. There's 2 stories of offices, and 2 other floors of very large rooms and off to one side is a paintball area. It's about 200 meters x 150 meters for 2 floors + basement (not used) and about 80 metres x 150 metres for the top 2 floors which is the office space.

Here's some pics :http://www.pbase.com/chef40/cure&page=all
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=53998

And video :

YouTube - The Mill Febuary 16/08
__________________
"You want to talk to God ? Let's go see him together, I haven't got anything better to do."
Jiggiwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 23:34   #4
grimreefer
 
grimreefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggiwatt View Post
Out East we have 'the Mill' which is basically an abandoned paper mill. It's VERY big. I'd be curious to know what the square footage is. There's 2 stories of offices, and 2 other floors of very large rooms and off to one side is a paintball area. It's about 200 meters x 150 meters for 2 floors + basement (not used) and about 80 metres x 150 metres for the top 2 floors which is the office space.

Here's some pics :http://www.pbase.com/chef40/cure&page=all
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=53998

And video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4rrhTnMuqM
That's awesome! Do you guys have the permission of the property owners?
grimreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 23:46   #5
Bowers
 
Bowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Send a message via MSN to Bowers
to the best of my knowledge no cqb stuff out here in the maritimes
__________________
拳法
The Greyman Doctrine
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 00:04   #6
Moderate
 
Moderate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under a Bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreefer View Post
That's awesome! Do you guys have the permission of the property owners?
The owner usually attends games as an admin, but sometimes I think he even plays

Awesome indoor field, well worth the 2hr drive to get there from Ottawa.
Moderate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 00:17   #7
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
We have a couple of places to play CQB in Melville Sask, a school and a hospital. Both Run by Camogames.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 00:25   #8
jameskersten
 
jameskersten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Victoria
Nothing available that I am aware of here in Victoria. There was one person who played with us once mentioned he had something lined up but we haven't heard anything since.
__________________
South Island Rangers Airsoft Club- President


Victoria Area Age Verifier
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 00:34   #9
BBS
 
BBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BC, Canada
Send a message via MSN to BBS
Here in BC, there was a decommissioned ferry, in which we can play on. Right now, there is an indoor area to play games in Richmond, BC. That place is called AK and it was originally for paintballing. The owner is trying to get the license to change it to an airsoft area. Not sure if AK is open yet... Finally I've heard of some place in the lower mainland where you can play cqb in a tower?
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:39   #10
grimreefer
 
grimreefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskersten View Post
Nothing available that I am aware of here in Victoria. There was one person who played with us once mentioned he had something lined up but we haven't heard anything since.
Okay, so then what's the plan for getting one?
__________________
grimreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:52   #11
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
I had always considered the idea of renting a warehouse to play, splitting the costs with others. If there was a large enough population of airsofts it would be considerable, however for me in my city its not. Cost of renting was the smallest of the issues though, approaching anyone with a proposal to rent and then attempting to explain to them the premise on which why you want to rent it can sometimes get you a flat out no as well. One can only imagine what can happen in airsoft, walls get broken,, windows get shot up,other stuff gets shot up....in some instances even blown up. After that theres insurance. Thats what really put me off, I checked with a few brokerages in regards to setting up insurance for something like that and they refered me to a small handful of companies that specialise in insurance for things like airsoft, but well more specifically paintball. We reviewed policeys and coverage and the recommended liability was suggested to be 5 million at minimum. Total cost for a year was over 3000 dollars. Sure you can skip over insurance, but you never know what can happen. The guys you play with may seem like a good bunch that would never sue you for anything but all that can change when someone loses a testicle...or a spleen.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:03   #12
six4
 
six4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: mission b.c.
Send a message via MSN to six4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBS View Post
Here in BC, there was a decommissioned ferry, in which we can play on. Right now, there is an indoor area to play games in Richmond, BC. That place is called AK and it was originally for paintballing. The owner is trying to get the license to change it to an airsoft area. Not sure if AK is open yet... Finally I've heard of some place in the lower mainland where you can play cqb in a tower?

the kill tower you speak of was in abbotsford b.c. due to safety issues and some health issues the games at this location were quickly abandoned. this was over two years ago. after the kill tower there was the ferryboat here in mission b.c. it is the decommisioned "queen of sidney" that ran for the better part of a year and a half. there are still sporadic battles at this location but nothing like it used to be.

here are two of my videos from the most recent games i ran at the ferryboat.

day game:
http://files.filefront.com/rainbowsi.../fileinfo.html

night game:
http://files.filefront.com/fear+of+t.../fileinfo.html


the ferryboat has its fair share of health issues. sadly due to black mold,mildew,and general dry rot this is the only way i can be on the ferryboat for any length of time.



like i said ,games are still held here but they are few and far between.


as far as i know there are no other cqb areas in my region.
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:13   #13
grimreefer
 
grimreefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
I had always considered the idea of renting a warehouse to play, splitting the costs with others. If there was a large enough population of airsofts it would be considerable, however for me in my city its not. Cost of renting was the smallest of the issues though, approaching anyone with a proposal to rent and then attempting to explain to them the premise on which why you want to rent it can sometimes get you a flat out no as well. One can only imagine what can happen in airsoft, walls get broken,, windows get shot up,other stuff gets shot up....in some instances even blown up. After that theres insurance. Thats what really put me off, I checked with a few brokerages in regards to setting up insurance for something like that and they refered me to a small handful of companies that specialise in insurance for things like airsoft, but well more specifically paintball. We reviewed policeys and coverage and the recommended liability was suggested to be 5 million at minimum. Total cost for a year was over 3000 dollars. Sure you can skip over insurance, but you never know what can happen. The guys you play with may seem like a good bunch that would never sue you for anything but all that can change when someone loses a testicle...or a spleen.
Or an eye.

You bring up a good point. The major obstacle is liability and insurance. A lot of people would not volunteer their property for people to risk injury, without insurance. But $3000 a year doesn't sound terrible.

I'm curious to know if the owner of 'the mill' has insurance of some sort? And what fees are charged to the players, if any?
__________________

Last edited by grimreefer; June 5th, 2008 at 02:21..
grimreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:19   #14
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Another hump was approval for insurance as well, just because an application was submitted does not mean it would be approved.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:50   #15
jameskersten
 
jameskersten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreefer View Post
Okay, so then what's the plan for getting one?
honestly, we dont have any plans to get one. But if you have something in mind that can match VFGPA grounds in terms of facilties and insurances, etc, have at her and let us know!
__________________
South Island Rangers Airsoft Club- President


Victoria Area Age Verifier

Last edited by jameskersten; June 5th, 2008 at 13:29..
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.