Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

So all my guns were stolen today...

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23rd, 2008, 22:41   #46
jtjcheng
 
jtjcheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
if this was solely about airsoft, could that be underaged kids who don't have access to gun sales and are desperate to have guns in their hands, for any possible reasons?
__________________
Velocity, Distance, Acceleration, Time...

A gun has them all...
jtjcheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:49   #47
six4
 
six4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: mission b.c.
Send a message via MSN to six4
really crappy news,,,sorry to hear it. i respnded to your post on the bcac forum already but how about posting pics of your gear so we spread the word.

AND TO THE THIEVIN BASTARDS I SEND THEM THIS,,,,


Last edited by six4; May 24th, 2008 at 04:53..
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:51   #48
HGI
 
HGI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nanaimo
I'll keep my ears open if I hear/see any thing that links to this in ukee/tofino port Alberti and nanaimo. If I were you I'd contact rick or Tyler from CIA (centrial island airsoft), don't know their website off hand but send them photos cause they could show up to a game on the island or even on the mainland. Sorry to hear about this happening, getting anything you worked for stolen sucks, even girls.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Forums are a repository for info, not spoon feeding your sorry ass.
HGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 18:26   #49
jameskersten
 
jameskersten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Victoria
Hey Ryan,. I was just thinking. have you spoken with your landlord yet? I assume they have insurance, maybe ask if you can pay their deductible and they help you out? I am not sure if they would go for it but it maybe worth a shot specially since you are just technically living in their basement and I assume they are going to filing a claim anyways for the damge to the door.etc/
__________________
South Island Rangers Airsoft Club- President


Victoria Area Age Verifier
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 18:30   #50
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizfit View Post
I've posted it once and I will post it again here....everyone needs to be very selective on what they post about their gear. You may be advertising a shopping list for someone. I have read other posts where guys have listed a total inventory of their guns and gear.

Not saying this is the case here and I really hope you recover some of the gear you lost. I would seriously start hunting the pawn shops and online sales on a daily basis.

Anyhow, just a friendly reminder to be selective on what you post.
Hence why I have dogs, females weigh 150lbs+ and the males average 220lbs+

And if they get past the dogs, they still have to get past the padlocks, and locks on the cabinet.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 18:36   #51
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants
 
Armyissue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Port Credit
Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
Hence why I have dogs, females weigh 150lbs+ and the males average 220lbs+

And if they get past the dogs, they still have to get past the padlocks, and locks on the cabinet.
Virtual dogs, steer away from the laptop and you'll be fine! lolz

In the first few months after you move into an apt is the most likely time you'll get jacked. Old tenants and old tenants friends are more familiar with your home than you are, and you just put most of your stuff on parade between the back of the truck the front door. Still sux, but now you've got more info to protect your sh8t.
Cheers
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 19:05   #52
kullwarrior
 
kullwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjcheng View Post
if this was solely about airsoft, could that be underaged kids who don't have access to gun sales and are desperate to have guns in their hands, for any possible reasons?
One question I had in mind, is there anything else stolen? Read couple of cases where people who were victim of random break in took the guns, thought it would be real steel and tried to sell it to gun dealer. See if it's about airsoft, then you best start to trace people in your area knows that you play airsoft. Makes it considered planned.
However, if it was a random break in, it could be the person thought its real steel. Since theres multiple AR-15 brands, the person could think it is an real steel AR-15.

Sad to hear these cases.
__________________
kullwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 23:49   #53
WarHawk109
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
One question I had in mind, is there anything else stolen? Read couple of cases where people who were victim of random break in took the guns, thought it would be real steel and tried to sell it to gun dealer. See if it's about airsoft, then you best start to trace people in your area knows that you play airsoft. Makes it considered planned.
However, if it was a random break in, it could be the person thought its real steel. Since theres multiple AR-15 brands, the person could think it is an real steel AR-15.

Sad to hear these cases.
I think it was random...they took my ipod and were going for my xbox and movies, but never took 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskersten View Post
Hey Ryan,. I was just thinking. have you spoken with your landlord yet? I assume they have insurance, maybe ask if you can pay their deductible and they help you out? I am not sure if they would go for it but it maybe worth a shot specially since you are just technically living in their basement and I assume they are going to filing a claim anyways for the damge to the door.etc/
My landlady is away in England, she doesn't get back till June...is that legal?
__________________
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Ben Franklin
WarHawk109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:14   #54
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev
 
Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Trenton
The land lady probably doesn't want the higher rates. and how can you have multiple thousands of dollars worth of gear and not spend a few hundred on insurance?
__________________
Nothing to see here
May you live in interesting times.
ASCMART, your smart choice
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:42   #55
jameskersten
 
jameskersten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHawk109 View Post



My landlady is away in England, she doesn't get back till June...is that legal?
Honestly I don't know but I can't see how it would be illegal. Your living under her roof technically so it might be worth asking her. she might tell you to pound sand for the reason Lisa said but she may feel bad and look into it. I am not sure how much it would effect her premiums anyways I am sure she could tell you.
__________________
South Island Rangers Airsoft Club- President


Victoria Area Age Verifier
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:59   #56
WarHawk109
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
The land lady probably doesn't want the higher rates. and how can you have multiple thousands of dollars worth of gear and not spend a few hundred on insurance?
yep...rub it in

thanks
__________________
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Ben Franklin
WarHawk109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 02:27   #57
Dracheous
Lego Head
 
Dracheous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Gatineau, that's right I'm in QUEBEC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHawk109 View Post
yep...rub it in

thanks
Not so much a rub in bud, just a friendly slap on the back of the head; Kinda like
Foreman from 70's Show with his "Dumb ass" comments :P.

Hard way to learn when insurance is a good idea, but its the way ya did take. Hopefully with a little friendly razzing you won't forget next time .

Also, not illegal for landlady to be away on vacation, although she SHOULD have a verified contact rep while she's away to deal with matters such as these. Probably a lawyer of some sort, but also not required if I recall correctly on the matter, then again I'd be going by Ontario rules.
__________________
_________________________________

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 00:32   #58
Army-Kill
 
Army-Kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Army-Kill
Someone here should make a donation thing for you I would donate 25 bucks to help you get your guns.
Army-Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 00:38   #59
DC_ACU
 
DC_ACU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army-Kill View Post
Someone here should make a donation thing for you I would donate 25 bucks to help you get your guns.
ya kuz a donation thing will get his stuff back.
DC_ACU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 00:40   #60
demco11
 
demco11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Tell:

Police
Local airsoft forums
Friends / fellow airsofters
Pawn shops

Check kijiji , craigslist, buy & sell etc...

Good luck
demco11 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.