Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FPS Question

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 9th, 2008, 19:23   #46
Maverick0
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Awww. Can't we just all get along? *hugs*
Cheesy maybe, but it gets the point accross, eh?
Maverick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 19:24   #47
Flatlander
 
Flatlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton
Send a message via MSN to Flatlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0 View Post
Agreed, airsoft is for fun and safety shouldn't be determined by pain tolerance, as that varies from person to person. However, we have many people from multiple provinces speaking from experience saying that 350 is safe. Can you give us the 30 fps leeway so that many people won't need to tune down their guns? 30 fps shouldn't be noticeable, unless you're a chrony

The goal here should be to reach a common ground so as to all play together
Alberta - 320 or lower everywhere (that I know of)
Sask - 300 I think I heard (someone correct me?)

If it were up to me, I'd say buy a spring and I'll tune your guns down for you otherwise go to hell

In the end the decision is up to Al and we have to respect his decision. I know I'll be there playing at his hospital in July reguardless if it's 350 (I just might have to figure out working face protection!)

EDIT: I agree, I can't wait to play with the sask and MB players this summer. I'm hoping to make it back home to Regina more this summer to visit family and check out the AS scene there while I'm at it. Hopefully then I don't go ape shit when you guys light me up at the hospital at 350 :P
__________________
Ronin 49 Team Member

Last edited by Flatlander; April 9th, 2008 at 19:29..
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 20:13   #48
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary...now with less oil industry than eco-hipster Vancouver
Please keep in mind, that just because our FPS limit for CQB in Manitoba is 350, that doesn't mean all our guns fire at exactly 349 fps. Just like our 400fps limit for the fields, its a limit, not a goal. My own UMP only shoots like 310
Anyway I'd like to make a big point here as a gunsmith; 330fps is your best option, as all alberta and sask players are under 330, as well as most Mb players, and most importantly it's the stock fps of a CA gun.
Sure changing a spring isn't so hard, but once you open up that gearbox there's any number of unseen things that can go wrong. Not to mention it's 25$ for labor assuming nothing goes wrong and 15$ for a weaker spring that we're never going to use again. It's unfair to have to spend 40$ on a brand new CA gun just to downgrade it for one game.
So it's not 350, and I'm sure the Sask guys don't mind having Alberta guys with a 320fps limit, so what's an extra 10fps matter to save 40$ on an already expensive trip?

Now if you can't decide on an fps limit based on our discussion, why not leave it up to vote having 300, 320, 330 and 350 as the choices?
__________________
Tamiya connectors suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13 View Post
i never understood why the oil refinery had a brothel... i never see them at the refineries i work at this is bull!
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 20:23   #49
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Please keep in mind, that just because our FPS limit for CQB in Manitoba is 350, that doesn't mean all our guns fire at exactly 349 fps. Just like our 400fps limit for the fields, its a limit, not a goal. My own UMP only shoots like 310
Anyway I'd like to make a big point here as a gunsmith; 330fps is your best option, as all alberta and sask players are under 330, as well as most Mb players, and most importantly it's the stock fps of a CA gun.
Sure changing a spring isn't so hard, but once you open up that gearbox there's any number of unseen things that can go wrong. Not to mention it's 25$ for labor assuming nothing goes wrong and 15$ for a weaker spring that we're never going to use again. It's unfair to have to spend 40$ on a brand new CA gun just to downgrade it for one game.
So it's not 350, and I'm sure the Sask guys don't mind having Alberta guys with a 320fps limit, so what's an extra 10fps matter to save 40$ on an already expensive trip?

Now if you can't decide on an fps limit based on our discussion, why not leave it up to vote having 300, 320, 330 and 350 as the choices?
This was my point exactly. I had to switch out springs in both my guns to get them shooting under 330. Just as an example, I have a spring that shoots 330 in my AUG, but that's too high. So I had to take the stock spring out of my P90, put that spring in, and now it shoots 300, and then I'll have to put the stock P90 spring in my AUG so that it shoots lower than 330. I can do it, but it's just annoying for 10 FPS.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 20:23   #50
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Im not sure how to really word it, so I will take my best shot at it and hopefully this makes sense to everyone.

When we played at Melville I noticed that there was an insane amount of ricocheting from bursts fired. Im sure a lower FPS would reduce the amount of ricocheting, but well how low? Probly so low that most people wouldnt feel the hit. I just wanted to make a point that when 4 or 5 people fire a burst down a hall way and the bbs are ricocheting everywhere and sometimes I found it very confusing as if what I felt was a hit or a ricochet.

I'll stick to my original comments, under 350, manditory goggles, no glasses, and very very recommended that face mask is used.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 20:41   #51
Jayhad
 
Jayhad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
nothing over 350 on .20s
If i am forced to wear anything other then my ESS Ices I won't attend.
it's my face and I step on to the field knowing if my face gets shot it will hurt, I don't need someone enforcing mask rules for my face.
__________________
JAYHAD: Commander - Airsoft Assassins
distributing plastic death one nerd at a time
JOC Age Verifier
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 22:03   #52
Caped_crusadar
 
Caped_crusadar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA, California
Send a message via AIM to Caped_crusadar
Where i am, its 350 with .2, and face masks are required.
Caped_crusadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 02:55   #53
Spa
 
Spa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Im not sure how to really word it, so I will take my best shot at it and hopefully this makes sense to everyone.

When we played at Melville I noticed that there was an insane amount of ricocheting from bursts fired. Im sure a lower FPS would reduce the amount of ricocheting, but well how low? Probly so low that most people wouldnt feel the hit. I just wanted to make a point that when 4 or 5 people fire a burst down a hall way and the bbs are ricocheting everywhere and sometimes I found it very confusing as if what I felt was a hit or a ricochet.

I'll stick to my original comments, under 350, manditory goggles, no glasses, and very very recommended that face mask is used.
laff, ricocheting is a very effective strategy to use when assaulting

350 limit, facemasks, full auto. Btw my gun shoots at 300 and I tell ppl not to mercy me at 350 or 400 Fps games. I tell them to shoots because its the game cAlled airsoft that I play
Spa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 03:06   #54
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Effective I suppose. There has to be a limit though, or else one could simply blind fire bb hose like a jackass down a hall way and all his ricochetts would count? Hardly sounds sportsman like.

My gun shoots 320 with a stock spring, I mercy people out of respect because not everyone appreciates being shot point blank, its part of a game I play called airsoft.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:12   #55
KEVORKIAN
 
KEVORKIAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manitoba
VOTE / POLL

Can anybody get a voting poll started on this topic? Let's see where the numbers really are according to ASC members in Canada...people here have too much to say!
__________________
Kevorkian


I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:38   #56
Maverick0
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Effective I suppose. There has to be a limit though, or else one could simply blind fire bb hose like a jackass down a hall way and all his ricochetts would count? Hardly sounds sportsman like.

My gun shoots 320 with a stock spring, I mercy people out of respect because not everyone appreciates being shot point blank, its part of a game I play called airsoft.
Oh, it's completely sporting, the ricochets don't count as hits obviously. It's a psych out to make you think about it, as I'm running up the hallway to mercy you

I don't mercy out of respect. I do it because it saves on ammo.. jk
Maverick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:04   #57
Spa
 
Spa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0 View Post
Oh, it's completely sporting, the ricochets don't count as hits obviously. It's a psych out to make you think about it, as I'm running up the hallway to mercy you

I don't mercy out of respect. I do it because it saves on ammo.. jk
+1

Al, i recommend to simply create another post with the different types of FPS you prefer. Ultimately, it all comes down to your decision. The sooner it is decided the better.

As Shakespeare's once wrote, "If it best be done with, it best be done with quickly."

Last edited by Spa; April 10th, 2008 at 12:09..
Spa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 14:02   #58
CamoGames
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Melville, Saskatchewan
I agree with KEVORKIAN, and Spa about the poll. I guess I should have done that in the first place. I still think even if I did the poll first there would have been the same discussion to follow.
__________________
Counterfeit Combat
Melville, Saskatchewan

Operation Mason Relic Owner
CamoGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 14:04   #59
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
Another point on the FPS thing:

... Pistols shoot 300-330 on propane...

The point where a stock pistol (excluding a few strange 500 FPS+ ones) is too hot for CQB is the point where something is really not right.
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 14:35   #60
Rukus
 
Rukus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Work Point, BC
I think 350 is a reasonable FPS for CQC. Though full face masks should be a requirement, not an option.
__________________
Mint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.