Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft "Pet Peeves", time to vent guys!

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 14th, 2008, 15:36   #181
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
I fucking hate Elitism;

.
But without Elitism how do the people who ARE better than others make sure they know it?
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 15:54   #182
Crunchmeister
 
Crunchmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In your bedroom going though your underwear drawer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
I fucking hate Elitism;

I don't mind PTW owners but I hate the ones that think they are better than me because they spent more on a toyguns; fuck off moron.

I don't mind gearwhores but I hate the ones who criticize other players for not having the perfect gear.

I don't mind the players that go to every game but shut your fucking mouth and don't criticize me for not playing all of them.

I'm happy that you are or have been in the Forces but that doesn't mean you are fucking above me!

Airsoft is filled with people of all ages. It's not because you're older than you're better though.

Anything else related to Elitism I fucking hate you with all my guts.]
While I haven't played a game yet, I can totally understand everything written here, and I've seen examples of it on this forum. I've had the term chairsofter thrown at me a couple of times. In a sense, it's true, because I haven't played yet, but I haven't had an available game to go to since I started getting my gear. We don't have anywhere to play around here. I attend my first of hopefully many games next month.
__________________
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 16:07   #183
Schwag
 
Schwag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brampton - the anus of ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
But without Elitism how do the people who ARE better than others make sure they know it?

A bigger gear budget doesn't make you elite, your skill does and thankfully skill is one thing you still can't buy (along with good taste and a huge cock). Sorry Wolfpack et al.

I guess it's possible to be elitist without actually being elite.
__________________

Grand Poobah of T.W.A.T.RETIRED (for now)
GUN DOCTOR-Fix, Upgrade, Custom Builds.
I build nearly indestructible Lipo-Reliable Mechboxes.
Owner, The Digital Smoker E-Cig Shop

Last edited by Schwag; February 14th, 2008 at 16:12..
Schwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 16:41   #184
Rumpel Felt
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Yeah... This is my #1 complaint.... far too often the courage of a few is spent by the cowardice of many.

Practically every engagement becomes plinking at extreem range... while hiding behind bushes...

I have seen that this phenomenom is most prevelent in groups with no effective command structure.. and no real leadership on the field.

Without co-ordination and direction every advance will falter as the individual desire for survival will sap the vigor from the group need for success.
I agree mostly.

However, the whole "leadership" thing can often lead to "elitism" all over again. If it gets too hardcore it can get annoying and I've seen a lot of players forget, once again, while blabbing into their radios and using all these crazy hand gestures that it's just a GAME not the deserts of the middle east. A form of communication and at least some sort of mild leadership is often needed though, I agree. Some people just have a need to be led around on a leash.

Personally, I function just as well if not better on my own. Some of my greatest moments of "pride" were because I took off and operated on my own. Too bad I'm thwarted half the time by my own team not expecting me to be moving and acting in a certain manner or area.

That's another great pet peeve of mine that I have to fear after every corner I go around. Teammates that shoot first and ask questions later....or ask questions, shoot and then ask MORE questions! ahh fuck! I figure it's just common sense if you see me looking at you with my gun lowered that I'm not going to shoot you and therefore, you shouldn't shoot me.


Not as many people are proffesing profound hatred for hicaps as I was hoping! Come on people you know they are lame and paintballish! If we got rid of hicaps think of how many peeves we could solve:

-campers
-excessive spray n' prayers
-massive "unrealistic" paintballish style skirmishes
-those who aren't affraid to shoot first because ammo is not a priority
-those who sit around and shoot anything and everything because....ammo is not a priority
-et cetra
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 16:45   #185
Lawdog
 
Lawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpel Felt View Post
Personally, I function just as well if not better on my own. Some of my greatest moments of "pride" were because I took off and operated on my own. Too bad I'm thwarted half the time by my own team not expecting me to be moving and acting in a certain manner or area.
Now that is an educational comment.

Ld
__________________
Quote:
When the elephants fight, it is bad for the grass. When the elephants make love, it is also bad for the grass.
Kenyan Proverb
Lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 16:46   #186
~JARSH~
 
~JARSH~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: penticton, b.c.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
But without Elitism how do the people who ARE better than others make sure they know it?
by dressing up in pink clothes and using a supersoaker.............i feel that would be a better look for those so called "elites".
~JARSH~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 17:06   #187
chrono88
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: halifax nova scotia
Send a message via MSN to chrono88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaKaL View Post
You know that arguments will always occur on the field. Normaly peoples can talk and resolve their problems without the organizer being involved. But sometime...
It can ruin the game for the other players.
you say that, but we had an interesting experience two summers ago out here in NS, involving knife threats, lets just say the guy was called out for it, and problems were more or less resolved after we got the guy to chill out, he got upset cause he got shot in the head to many times, not that i deliberately aim nor condone headshots, if its all i see...well you know, that and hop up can be nasty sometimes if you know what im saying...

but yes i also agree i had arguments on the field, i hate whiners, and i hate people who show up late and take a while to get ready, its ok if you got lost etc but if you just chose to sleep in a bit that morning, your now wasting everyone elses time. I also had logs that seem solid in nature but when trying to cross a river on them, break on one side...this being a early march game, resulted in me playing with one leg completely soaked in ice water...it made it hard to be sneaky with a sloshy noise every step..
__________________
chrono88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 17:32   #188
Tankdude
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Tankdude
People wise:
People who don't bring a spare battery.
No one wanting to take charge of a team.
People who complain about being shot.

Airsoft in general:
No recoil!!!
The M14 shoots as far the Mp5 and can be stopped by a leaf
Having the perfect shot.. then you remember you are using an airsoft gun and that perfect shot is impossible.

Having an awesome plan draw up in your head, but when you try it out you realize that
A. your out of shape
B. you have an airsoft gun and not a real one.

Your favorite gun doesn't have an airsoft counterpart or if it does it cost 3K and your CT springer shoots better then it does.

The M203 is nothing more then a big shotgun.

A certain someone dragging his butt on releasing a certain airsoft grenade.
That's right. You heard me. I'm not going to name names, but I want three before my next game.
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 17:34   #189
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwag View Post
A bigger gear budget doesn't make you elite, your skill does and thankfully skill is one thing you still can't buy (along with good taste and a huge cock). Sorry Wolfpack et al.

I guess it's possible to be elitist without actually being elite.
I agree, ability does not come stuffed in a Multicam Molle Pouch... or attached to a rail on a PTW. Its hard won, along with the respect that is earned with it.

Although there is often a correlation between hard won skills and top end gear..as those with the skill know the value of good kit.

Now back on track...

My peeve... people who profess to belong to a team... but as soon as they hit the field go all "lone wolf" and then complain when they get shot by their own side because no one knew where they were or what they were doing.

Every second wasted by your side shooting their own is seconds lost in overcoming the opposition.. and seconds gained by the opposition to overcome your side..

If you are going out on your own... have a plan, and stick to it.. and make sure everyone on your side knows what you look like and where you are likely to be... communication is critical for the forest Ninja.. lest he be cut down by his own.
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 17:51   #190
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith
 
CDN_Stalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I think the elitism that pisses most people off are those who have the gear, the attitude (of elitism) and thumb their noses at new player's questions/existance, yet if there is a camera man around on game day they spend more time buzzing around said camera guy like moths around a porchlight than actually playing hard.

Gear doesn't make the player, it might make the player more efficient with with things like comms, mag reloads, etc. but doesn't improve on comm skills, shooting skill or ability.

Same with guns, Poncho always said "Upgrade the player, not the gun", I think this applies to both gear and guns, don't use 400fps as a benchmark target to upgrade to (I've owned tonnes of guys with that fps with my MP5s which have always been 350fps to 380fps), and as far as gear goes, using what one can afford and learning it's strong/weak points really helps with selecting a loadout appropriate for one's technique, skill and style of play. Me, I started off with CF 82 pattern webbing for my first year, moved to MOLLE USMC mesh vest with pouches I could move around, angle, etc. to make my efficiency go up. Then the past year I used an Eagle Universal Chest Rig and love it, it's so basic, easy to use, and doesn't cover my entire upper body with crap (like CIRAS and other wannabe contractor looking body armour stuff). My ability to run (besides the smoking shit, even before never was a good runner except fast as fuck sprints) is weighed down with a 12lb M24 on my back, water, ammo, a couple pistols (always get used for some stupid reason.......... I love gun hits!) and one of my MP5s. I'm Stalker, I don't rush in and assault, I fuck with people's heads most of the day with out-of-the-blue shots/surprise ambushes. I focus mostly on camouflage and stealth, flanking, etc. to play my game the way I like it. Is my style of play, I carry what I need and leave the rest (even if I own it) either at home or at the staging area.

Hell, want funny? I told Testtube yesterday I was considering buying RealTree camo to use once in a while at games, make me look like a noob. He broke out into a huge grin and laughed. I don't give a shit, I'm out there to hunt/shoot people and fuck with heads. That's how I try to tip the way the game goes, in my teams favour (besides, it's FUN!!!)

I'm not the best sniper out there, I'm not the best at camo use, I'm not the best assaulter or CQB guy, I'm one of those "Jack of all trades, master at none" kinda guys. Sure, I help new people out ALL THE FUCKING TIME and isn't bothered too much with giving advice. And I have been seriously swamped with gun repairs/troubleshooting/upgrades the past while, but even if someone asks to send me a gun from BC to fix, doesn't make me the best at dealing with guns either. I've no room for ego, and it seems my reputation is largely inflated from MANY other's doing the inflating. Not complaining, but hey, it pushes me skillwise to keep up with the way people view me. Lol, want a couple example of what I've heard?

Player#1: "Man, he's out there, bet he's watching us and waiting for us to come out to the open from behind these branches"
Player#2: "Who?"
Player #1: "Stalker, I can feel him watching us"
Player#2; "Aw shit."

And I might be at the other side of the field or staging area!!! Lol

Droc on Radio: "Where's Stalker at, we need him here to help us defend the area."
Apoc: "About 60ft from you, in the cedars"
Droc: "Can't see him"
Me: Rolls eyes, waves at him, he doesn't acknowledge me there, so I take off my OD flight glove and wave at him with bare hand. Then he sees me!
Sheesh! Like my sig says, cadpat works well around here!
Novel done, piss break then back to the dungeon to beat the piss outta Long_Bong's pain in the ass KSC G18C.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; February 14th, 2008 at 18:20..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 18:08   #191
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
...don't use 400fps as a benchmark target to upgrade to (I've owned tonnes of guys with that fps with my MP5s which have always been 350fps to 380fps)
Agreed. I find it a bit annoying how a lot (not all) noobs love the fact ACMs shoot like 380 and automatically assume that, because of that, they're better than TM, CA, ICS, etc etc.

I have yet to play one game with a gun that shot over 340 (and I usually use .25's, so I'm probably shooting low 300's or less) and I can count on one hand the number of engagements I've been in where I can't actually range my target. IMO, if I can't range, it just means I need to advance and get closer.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 18:15   #192
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith
 
CDN_Stalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Agreed. I find it a bit annoying how a lot (not all) noobs love the fact ACMs shoot like 380 and automatically assume that, because of that, they're better than TM, CA, ICS, etc etc.

I have yet to play one game with a gun that shot over 340 (and I usually use .25's, so I'm probably shooting low 300's or less) and I can count on one hand the number of engagements I've been in where I can't actually range my target. IMO, if I can't range, it just means I need to advance and get closer.
Go up to 0.28g and watch the improvement. Seriously, it's only 0.03g difference, but the noticable difference is like you experience when you go from constant 0.20g useage up to 0.25g BBs use. Once you go 0.28g, it's really hard to go back to 0.25g!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 18:21   #193
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Go up to 0.28g and watch the improvement. Seriously, it's only 0.03g difference, but the noticable difference is like you experience when you go from constant 0.20g useage up to 0.25g BBs use. Once you go 0.28g, it's really hard to go back to 0.25g!
When I blow through the 6,000 rounds of .25's I have, I'll give them a try
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 18:30   #194
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith
 
CDN_Stalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
When I blow through the 6,000 rounds of .25's I have, I'll give them a try
Good man, report back. Go with BB Bastards BTW <plug>. Well, not that I'm a retailer, just a full time user/tester.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 18:48   #195
SHaKaL
 
SHaKaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Peoples having to much pet peeves without actualy playing a real game of airsoft.
__________________
HellRanger 1969-2007 LRRP FOREVER

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.