Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft Community Spokespersons: PLEASE HELP KITCHENER

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 28th, 2008, 18:05   #16
Crunchmeister
 
Crunchmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In your bedroom going though your underwear drawer
I'll have to look it up to get the exact source and wording, but from what I remember, the law states (I paraphrase) "You may keep any replicas accquired before Dec 1, 1998" or something to that effect.

To me, that means that any replicas you owned prior to that date, you can legally posess. So to me, that implies that anything you accquired AFTER the said date is illegal to posess, since the act of accquiring the said gun after the said date is illegal.

I could be wrong, but that's how I interpret it.
__________________
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 18:09   #17
Crunchmeister
 
Crunchmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In your bedroom going though your underwear drawer
Taken from the CFC site @ http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/factsheets/replica_e.asp

Quote:
As an individual, you may keep any replicas that you owned on December 1, 1998. You do not need a licence to possess a replica firearm and it does not have to be registered. However, you cannot acquire, make or import a replica firearm.
To me, that implies that any replica accquired after that date was accquired illegally and is in your posession illegally.
__________________
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 18:19   #18
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
There are several threads on this already Crunch, there's no point in turning this into another one.
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 19:39   #19
Crunchmeister
 
Crunchmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In your bedroom going though your underwear drawer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
There are several threads on this already Crunch, there's no point in turning this into another one.
Point taken. I can imagine this issue has already been beaten to death anyway.
__________________
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:47   #20
Lawdog
 
Lawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Aurora
The distinction between possession and transfer is a lot like the difference between traficking and possession, lots of case law to entertain you there.

Also, the burden of proof is always on the state (unless the statute says otherwise), thus you do not have to prove when the transfer took place, the state would.

Ld
__________________
Quote:
When the elephants fight, it is bad for the grass. When the elephants make love, it is also bad for the grass.
Kenyan Proverb
Lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 06:43   #21
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman
 
Shirley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Pellet/BB/Airsoft guns, most of the media relates them to replicas. I rememeber watching 1 video where the reporter said a Clearsoft shot "Plastic Pellets". All of these reporters don't know what they're talking about.

You can't do nothing about it. Even if thousands of people writes letters to the Commissioner of Firearms , it won't work. Basically, they do know Airsoft is a sport. But people always get confused of it. Just because it shoots, and is a firearm, they relate it to pellet/bb/airsoft. The only way you can solve this problem with that newspaper is copy and paste the FAQ to the editor.

And these types of threads always end up about a discussion about the age of possession which gets thrown in the trash.
__________________

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 13:58   #22
R4dioT3ch
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt491 View Post
What the hell are you ranting about!? NONE of those articles use the word airsoft anywhere! They all say "bb gun" or "pellet gun" which is VERY different from an airsoft gun. You've been around for less than a month, read more and quite trying to raise shit where it doesn't need to be raised.
Read Kokanee's post about Slamming/Heckling new board members.

If you think that I need any lessons in the differences in airsoft vs, airgun, vs. replica, just remember that only being on this board for a month doesnt mean I'm a newbie to anything other than posting on this forum.

The forum was regarding incidents related to AIRGUNS, not airsoft inparticular, maybe YOU should read fully before replying.

I'm sure you'll reply to this with some smartass remark. Dont bother, I'd preffer that a Moderator lock out this thread, because any attempt to have a decent topic of conversation is impossible unless I have a thousand posts under my belt... Right?

I feel sorry for those who actually have a genuine concern for the future of Airsoft, as you and your attitude are truly one of those putting the sport at risk.
R4dioT3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 14:13   #23
R4dioT3ch
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
I agree there. The difference is if they perceive airsoft guns as BB guns, they they're not considered illegal. Once they start looking at them strictly as replicas (which they are), then we have problems.
Awesome, someone who understands... although the law differenciates replicas from "realistic looking bb/airsoft/pellet guns", Helping people to realize that there is those who preffer to play paintball, and those who wouldn't dare ruin thousands of dollars in vests, BDU's and other equipment being splattered by trigger happy paintballers. I much preffer methodically fired 6mm BB's.
R4dioT3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 15:29   #24
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
I'll have to look it up to get the exact source and wording, but from what I remember, the law states (I paraphrase) "You may keep any replicas accquired before Dec 1, 1998" or something to that effect.

To me, that means that any replicas you owned prior to that date, you can legally posess. So to me, that implies that anything you accquired AFTER the said date is illegal to posess, since the act of accquiring the said gun after the said date is illegal.

I could be wrong, but that's how I interpret it.
That is not law.. that is a policy statement.. you have to go to the criminal code to find the law.
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 15:43   #25
Danke
 
Danke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Danger Zone
Todays secret words are "pedantic", and "irrelevant".

The media's moto is "If it bleeds it leads".
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 18:27   #26
Shrike
ASC Philosopher
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ont.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4dioT3ch View Post
Read Kokanee's post about Slamming/Heckling new board members.

If you think that I need any lessons in the differences in airsoft vs, airgun, vs. replica, just remember that only being on this board for a month doesnt mean I'm a newbie to anything other than posting on this forum.

The forum was regarding incidents related to AIRGUNS, not airsoft inparticular, maybe YOU should read fully before replying.

I'm sure you'll reply to this with some smartass remark. Dont bother, I'd preffer that a Moderator lock out this thread, because any attempt to have a decent topic of conversation is impossible unless I have a thousand posts under my belt... Right?

I feel sorry for those who actually have a genuine concern for the future of Airsoft, as you and your attitude are truly one of those putting the sport at risk.

You are obviously someone involved in the airsoft community, you have knowledge of this forum as well which leads me to think you are possibly a member who has another account.

If this thread was not created, the kitchener post would go on reporting to the housewives that little billy was shooting a bb/pellet gun and blah blah someone lost an eye. Are we supposed to write them to tell them about...what exactly?


It's my feeling you have a different agenda, if so what is it?
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.