Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

sniping

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 16th, 2008, 17:47   #1
jaa
 
jaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
sniping

what are the rules that specifically pertain to snipers?

Are they allowed to remain at one spot longer than the guys with regular guns? What's the minimum range they are allowed to shoot someone? etc
__________________
I believe in ordinance overkill

We're gonna need more BBS
jaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 17:48   #2
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Lol, you mean some sort of "camping rules"?
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 17:51   #3
Barf
Official ASC News Anchor
 
Barf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Hell (if you were here, you'd thinks so,too)
Ask here

http://spectreairsoft.com/forum/
__________________
Countdown to D-Day

Click For chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspasm
"Did someone lose a condom, I found it in my shit"
Lightfighter can suck my cock. Fuckin' thieves!

Barf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 18:31   #4
Aquamarine
PanSexual
 
Aquamarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Asakusa, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Rules?

Umm... you sit and wait... and get very bored, then ask if your spotter is willing to felate you in exchange for your MRE dessert package. If he/she says yes, then great, you just found something to do to pass the time. If no, then... well... you touch yourself while looking at the bad guys (or good guys) while looking thorough your scope.

As for camping, yea, airsoft is JUST like C.S. If you are within 20 feet of an enemy location for more than 2 minutes, then you are kicked and banned from the server.


That's all you get, since you don't trust me (according to your profile)
__________________
Aquamarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 18:37   #5
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
I dont care what you say Aqua, that desert didnt taste anything like strawberry shortcake.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 18:48   #6
Barf
Official ASC News Anchor
 
Barf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Hell (if you were here, you'd thinks so,too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
Rules?

Umm... you sit and wait... and get very bored, then ask if your spotter is willing to felate you in exchange for your MRE dessert package. If he/she says yes, then great, you just found something to do to pass the time. If no, then... well... you touch yourself while looking at the bad guys (or good guys) while looking thorough your scope.
Now I have this craving for twinkies and their cream filling.....
__________________
Countdown to D-Day

Click For chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspasm
"Did someone lose a condom, I found it in my shit"
Lightfighter can suck my cock. Fuckin' thieves!

Barf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 18:49   #7
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
O.O okay......... TMI
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 18:52   #8
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary...now with less oil industry than eco-hipster Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa View Post
Are they allowed to remain at one spot longer than the guys with regular guns?
What is this? counterstrike? lol
__________________
Tamiya connectors suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13 View Post
i never understood why the oil refinery had a brothel... i never see them at the refineries i work at this is bull!
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 18:56   #9
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith
 
CDN_Stalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
I dont care what you say Aqua, that desert didnt taste anything like strawberry shortcake.
I don't think there's a desert on the planet that tastes like strawberry shortcake. Then again, I don't think there's any dessert that tastes like sand either.

Stalker for da win!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 19:00   #10
ChiefInTrees
 
ChiefInTrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Sit and wait until the painful realization that airsoft sniper rifles have the accuracy of a paper airplane and practically the same range or slightly more then your regular gun.
then you realize that sniping is not as exciting or fulfilling as the movie or videogames lead you to believe.

Sniping is often a novelty, and the few who do it, have their own style that differs from the films.

Lagg is often an excuse for getting hit in airsoft.
__________________
There are no such things as dead bodies. There are only zombies who are too afraid of Bruce Campbell to get up.
ChiefInTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 19:01   #11
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith
 
CDN_Stalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefInTrees View Post
Sit and wait until the painful realization that airsoft sniper rifles have the accuracy of a paper airplane and practically the same range or slightly more then your regular gun.
Lol, umm, no.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 19:03   #12
ChiefInTrees
 
ChiefInTrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Lol, umm, no.
Exaggeration of course, but its not like your going to be hitting a pop can at 300ft on the first pull.
__________________
There are no such things as dead bodies. There are only zombies who are too afraid of Bruce Campbell to get up.
ChiefInTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 19:12   #13
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril
 
FOX_111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Terrebonne, Québec
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefInTrees View Post
Exaggeration of course, but its not like your going to be hitting a pop can at 300ft on the first pull.
You do have a lot of sniping experience I see...
/sarcasm
__________________

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 19:38   #14
jaa
 
jaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Yeah, I was wondering about that. Legal limit in Canada's 500fps, so I was sorta curious about why retailers would try to market a "sniper" rifle that has the same capabilities of a normal gun.

I asked because I remembered a post a ways back regarding someone else wanting to buy a sniper rifle. Someone told him you were not allowed (on some fields) to fire at someone at less than X meters away since the high muzzle speed might injure someone.

And why would you need a spotter if you can't hit anything further than 200m anyways?
__________________
I believe in ordinance overkill

We're gonna need more BBS
jaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 19:43   #15
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa View Post
Yeah, I was wondering about that. Legal limit in Canada's 500fps, so I was sorta curious about why retailers would try to market a "sniper" rifle that has the same capabilities of a normal gun.
I dont recall any retailers trying to market any type of sniper rifle that has the same capabilities of a normal gun.Besides, getting hit with an airsoft BB going 560 fps is very diffrent from getting hit by a 22 short going 560.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa View Post
Someone told him you were not allowed (on some fields) to fire at someone at less than X meters away since the high muzzle speed might injure someone.
Its not just with an airsoft sniper rifle, that goes the same with any airsoft gun, you call out for a mercy kill, some people dont, but if your running a hot gun and you light some one up in the face with a 3-5 round burst at near point blank, guranteed you may be ejected from the game or your gona get punched in the face.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa View Post
And why would you need a spotter if you can't hit anything further than 200m anyways?
Because a spotter is handy to help you

A. Cover you in twigs , leaves and foliage.
B. Cover and support your ass in a close fire fight. Especially if a sniper doesnt carry a anything more than a pistol as a side arm.
C. Keep you company and watch your back when your sniping and focused on whats infront of you, sometimes you dont know whats comming up behind you.
D. Be bait by sitting about 30 feet ahead and chain smoking singing quotes from H.M.S. Pinafore
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; January 16th, 2008 at 19:59..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.