Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

I'm new to airsoft

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 13th, 2008, 19:47   #1
zetoman
 
zetoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
I'm new to airsoft

Hi there.

I'm starting to research airsoft, and it interests me.

I'm looking at buying an airsoft gun in the style of a M16 or a M4 Carbine.

Any tips on buying? Also, which is better out of Electric, Gas, Or Spring?

Any information will be greatly appreciated Thanks.

Last edited by zetoman; January 21st, 2008 at 22:05..
zetoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 19:52   #2
hotrodthug
 
hotrodthug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Almonte
#1 get age verified
#2 read the FAQ's and search the forums
#3 get age verified
#4 post where you live in your profile
#5 get age verified

I cant reiterate #1,3,and 5 enough because once you do that everything becomes much easier

Welcome and good luck
HRT
hotrodthug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 20:01   #3
Fire Wolf
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
i dont think theres any gas rifles. ive never seen any, and spring guns arent very fast for close combat
__________________
See if you can do this. Read each line aloud.

This is this cat
This is is cat
This is how cat
This is to cat
This is keep cat
This is a cat
This is dumbass cat
This is busy cat
This is for cat
This is forty cat
This is seconds cat

Now go back and read the THIRD word
in each line from the top.
Betcha you can't resist passing it on. LOL!
Fire Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 20:20   #4
Greylocks
 
Greylocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Gatineau, Quebec (Near Ottawa)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Wolf View Post
i dont think theres any gas rifles. ive never seen any, and spring guns arent very fast for close combat
Please inform yourself before giving advice, just like this person should do.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 20:21   #5
skalnok
 
skalnok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: barrie, ontario
tips on buying = only buy in canada and these are the 2 sites to buy from

www.aasurplus.ca
www.007airsoft.com
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt491 View Post
...stalker's gonna kill you....and you wont even see it coming! Hell, he'll kill you and god himself will be going, "Where the hell did that come from!?" CDN_Stalker should just be the new god!
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:26   #6
Shrapnel[Op-For]
 
Shrapnel[Op-For]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond B.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodthug View Post
#1 get age verified
#2 read the FAQ's and search the forums
#3 get age verified
#4 post where you live in your profile
#5 get age verified

I cant reiterate #1,3,and 5 enough because once you do that everything becomes much easier

Welcome and good luck
HRT
I find it ironic that you told him to get verified 3 times, and you aren't even verified yet. In the time it took for you to say get verified and to read the FAQ's you could have told him something useful.

Back on topic, try looking through some video reviews on youtube.com, you can find a lot of good reviews and info (as long as its not a bias 10 year old telling you to buy a sniper he got).

Last edited by Shrapnel[Op-For]; January 14th, 2008 at 03:29..
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:27   #7
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Wolf View Post
i dont think theres any gas rifles. ive never seen any, and spring guns arent very fast for close combat
Just because youve never seen any does not mean they do not exist. I can think of two off the top of right head right now.
Spring guns have their places, and as for speed on a spring gun, obviously youve never slam-fired a mag fed spring shotgun before, because you can rattle off quite a few rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAS View Post
I find it ironic that you told him to get verified 3 times, and yo aren't even verified yet. In the time it took for you to say get verified and to read the FAQ's you could have told him somthing useful.
He's verified, look harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetoman View Post
Hi there.

Any information will be greatly appreciated Thanks.
Its usually recommended that a person starting off, starts off buy picking an AEG first, so electric would be your first bet. Then after youve played a match, you can maybe tailor your gear and consider picking up a side arm later on, which can be gas or spring. People sometimes look down on spring but they have their places. Usually as sniper files, but spring pistols come in handy when its cold outside, and temperture can drain batterys or screw with the gas in your mags.

Airsoft is an expensive hobby, not meant for everyone, and its not expected that you pick up everything in one night, or buy all your gear in one day. Its something that paitence is a very important factor in. You learn slowly, you meet people, you gain and understanding over time. You learn whats good, you learn whats crap. You gain the understanding of why airsoft is the way it is in Canada and eventually it will all make sense in the end.

Theres alot of info on this website in the frequently asked questions section, but it will be up to you to find what you need. Dont be afraid to ask questions, just understand that not everyone is always paitent with people who ask to many questions, but if you ask me, everyones gotta start somewhere. If something in the faq section isnt clear, go ahead and ask.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; January 14th, 2008 at 03:36..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 09:37   #8
Skruface
 
Skruface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetoman View Post
Any tips on buying? Also, which is better out of Electric, Gas, Or Spring?
Tip #1 - You get what you pay for. A $200 airsoft gun is not superior to a $500 airsoft gun 99% of the time. The term "better" is relative - what's better for me is not necessarily better for you.

Tip #2 - 90% of airsoft guns perform basically the same out of the box. Each has its own inherent flaws and strengths, and can be tuned for different styles of play (ie: indoor vs outdoor, assaulter vs DMR).

Tip #3 - Your own body's ergonomics need to have a say in what gun is comfortable for you. A short person may well find a full-sized G3 rifle too long and unwieldy ; similarly, a really tall person may find a P90 too small. Get age verified and get out to a game and handle as many different types of airsoft guns that you can - your body will tell you what's right.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
That was a very bad move on your behalf. Sort of like cutting off your foot for money, but not getting the money first and then letting the person with the money run away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post
Liberals rely on emotion. Conservatives rely on evidence, and the Socialists rely on everyone else.
Skruface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 09:57   #9
HaZarD SFD
 
HaZarD SFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
+1 to all the above
__________________
No Comment.
HaZarD SFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:37   #10
diamond_SEA
 
diamond_SEA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oakbank, MB
Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skruface View Post
Tip #1 - You get what you pay for. A $200 airsoft gun is not superior to a $500 airsoft gun 99% of the time. The term "better" is relative - what's better for me is not necessarily better for you.

Tip #2 - 90% of airsoft guns perform basically the same out of the box. Each has its own inherent flaws and strengths, and can be tuned for different styles of play (ie: indoor vs outdoor, assaulter vs DMR).

Tip #3 - Your own body's ergonomics need to have a say in what gun is comfortable for you. A short person may well find a full-sized G3 rifle too long and unwieldy ; similarly, a really tall person may find a P90 too small. Get age verified and get out to a game and handle as many different types of airsoft guns that you can - your body will tell you what's right.
+1 also. i love the look of the p90 but it was too small of a gun for me to hold and just was not comfortable. My sig552 is just a tad bit longer, spaces out my hands a bit more, and it fits to my body type better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight View Post
your right,when it rains the burger joint across the street does have cats for 4.99$ but that doesnt mean that i can just go get all the grape jelly i want
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:25   #11
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skruface View Post
Tip #1 - You get what you pay for. A $200 airsoft gun is not superior to a $500 airsoft gun 99% of the time. The term "better" is relative - what's better for me is not necessarily better for you.

Tip #2 - 90% of airsoft guns perform basically the same out of the box. Each has its own inherent flaws and strengths, and can be tuned for different styles of play (ie: indoor vs outdoor, assaulter vs DMR).

Tip #3 - Your own body's ergonomics need to have a say in what gun is comfortable for you. A short person may well find a full-sized G3 rifle too long and unwieldy ; similarly, a really tall person may find a P90 too small. Get age verified and get out to a game and handle as many different types of airsoft guns that you can - your body will tell you what's right.
+1. Also, consider the build material of the gun. For example, I'm big enough to handle a G3, but I'm scrawny find the full metel G3 too heavy. My G36 is about the same size, but because it's fiberglass it is quite a bit lighter and much easier for me to carry around.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:40   #12
hotrodthug
 
hotrodthug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Almonte
Post

NDAS, look closer at my avatar, that little white box with "age verified" in it with a nice little check mark next to it means I am verified.You may wan't to just concentrate on helping out a new guy rather than Chastising me. Moving on, everybody here has good advice, not sure if this was mentioned up above,get good eye protection, something durable and comfortable Comfortable dont skimp in this department, Paintball goggles work in a pinch, but with the power of some of these guns it never hurts to have ballistic goggles, better safe than sorry
hotrodthug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:43   #13
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodthug View Post
NDAS, look closer at my avatar, that little white box with "age verified" in it with a nice little check mark next to it means I am verified.You may wan't to just concentrate on helping out a new guy rather than Chastising me. Moving on, everybody here has good advice, not sure if this was mentioned up above,get good eye protection, something durable and comfortable Comfortable dont skimp in this department, Paintball goggles work in a pinch, but with the power of some of these guns it never hurts to have ballistic goggles, better safe than sorry
That depends where you play as well. Some places, like Wasaga, require you to have paintball goggles.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 14:56   #14
Greylocks
 
Greylocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Gatineau, Quebec (Near Ottawa)
A lot of what you were just advised to do is resolved by going to see things in person. At the same time, you can usually get age verified AND try out things before spending cash.

You can also read the Information section. There's good stuff in there.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 15:01   #15
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Get a Systema PTW M16 or M4 MAX. You won't regret it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney View Post
Yes it is hard to find an Instructor that teaches how to Finger, Suck, Squeeze and Blow all at the same time.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.