Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Wanted you'r opinions...

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 20th, 2007, 22:35   #1
Itsahak
 
Itsahak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Send a message via AIM to Itsahak
Wanted you'r opinions...

Found this guys comments on 858airsoft.com. He claims that the importation of airsoft has completely stopped there in Canada. Is this true? He says some fairly negative things about airsoft in his comment section, including some comments about "a bunch of guys order some pistols off of ebay and hold a shootout in their neighbourhood." Anyway, just thought I'd get some feed back from you guys. Heres the link and his comments are below the video.

YouTube - exploding .22 caliber pellets - crosman 2289g
__________________
See how easy life can be?
Wil
Itsahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 22:42   #2
Scooby Steve
 
Scooby Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St. Catharines, ON
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...ight=importing

This is pretty much how it is in Canada.

Last edited by Scooby Steve; June 20th, 2007 at 22:49..
Scooby Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 01:02   #3
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard
 
surebet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Longueuil, Quebec
Oh! The drama!
__________________
Annoyingly good with numbers

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 01:02   #4
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
The guy's an idiot. Honestly, if he chooses to ignore the clear evidence that airsoft is an organized activity and not a bunch of kids running around the neighbourhood, that's his ignorance. He's basically equating the entire sport with the worst possible case scenario, even though that the exact same could be applied to airgunning if you only look at the abuses.
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 01:07   #5
mcguyver
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
The guy's an idiot. Honestly, if he chooses to ignore the clear evidence that airsoft is an organized activity and not a bunch of kids running around the neighbourhood, that's his ignorance. He's basically equating the entire sport with the worst possible case scenario, even though that the exact same could be applied to airgunning if you only look at the abuses.
Or real guns. Screw the 1,000,000 gun owners, we'd ban guns because 1 lunatic kills 1 student in a school. It's shameless fearmongering.
__________________
Age verifier Northern Alberta

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 01:21   #6
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
I think it's especially hilarious the way he protray us as all gangstawannabies, while at the same time he's posting on Youtube about exploding pellets and getting a whole bunch of replies asking how to make them. Yeah, like he's representative of the airgun community.
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 01:51   #7
ToTaL_oWnAgE
 
ToTaL_oWnAgE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Send a message via MSN to ToTaL_oWnAgE
The only thing that I can think of when I ready this guys posts is "the uneducated trying to educate the uneducated". This guy is obviously has no real idea of what he's talking about. I think this picture suits him to a tee

__________________
ToTaL_oWnAgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 02:09   #8
ToTaL_oWnAgE
 
ToTaL_oWnAgE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Send a message via MSN to ToTaL_oWnAgE
touché. But I saw in one of his post that he specifically pointed out near the end about airsoft organizations (too lazy to open it again). I think if he wants to comment about airsoft and about organizations as well he should find out a little more. Personally I think it's very widely known that if (I'll use this site as a example) you drive down the street videotaping you and your friends with your airsoft uzi hanging out the window of your speeding car while you shoot pedestrians, you would be banned ASAP. no questions. never mind that you would never be allowed to attend a airsoft function as long as you breathe. Now I don't know where this guys from or what the clubs in his area are like. But it seems he spends a fair bit of time on the internet. So maybe instead of accusing all airsofters and mentioning even clubs in general as being gansta wannabe's, he should gather his facts a little better. What makes me most mad is it's soccer mom's and numerous other people with unknowledgable opinions causing airsoft to be pushed to the point that dealers are being shut down and airsoft in canada is taking more shit then it deserves. The irrational actions of few, the oppression of many.
__________________

Last edited by ToTaL_oWnAgE; June 21st, 2007 at 02:12..
ToTaL_oWnAgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 02:09   #9
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev
 
Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Trenton
when I was 10 or 11 i remember most of the kids in my neighbourhood my age running around with realistic looking cap guns and guns that shot projectiles like corn playing cops and robbers or cowboys and indians... it's gotten insane in society these days repressing everything, it's no wonder we end up with lunatics shooting up schools

on a lighter note a couple weeks back on my way to work I saw kids playing with realistic cap guns (they must have been antiques) and my first thought wasn't "OMG WTFBBQ he's got a gun", it was "it's nice that kids can play outside and get some fresh air". no wonder johnny isn't just fat but fucking obese, we have him playing stupid games at the computer or on tv...
__________________
Nothing to see here
May you live in interesting times.
ASCMART, your smart choice
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 09:53   #10
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
when I was 10 or 11 i remember most of the kids in my neighbourhood my age running around with realistic looking cap guns and guns that shot projectiles like corn playing cops and robbers or cowboys and indians... it's gotten insane in society these days repressing everything, it's no wonder we end up with lunatics shooting up schools

on a lighter note a couple weeks back on my way to work I saw kids playing with realistic cap guns (they must have been antiques) and my first thought wasn't "OMG WTFBBQ he's got a gun", it was "it's nice that kids can play outside and get some fresh air". no wonder johnny isn't just fat but fucking obese, we have him playing stupid games at the computer or on tv...
+1. I don't see kids playing with cap guns anymore anywhere, or playing outside that much at all. I think some people are even getting paranoid about water guns.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 20:44   #11
ToTaL_oWnAgE
 
ToTaL_oWnAgE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Send a message via MSN to ToTaL_oWnAgE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
I think some people are even getting paranoid about water guns.

Funny you should say that! my old high school wouldn't even allow us to bring water guns on the property.
__________________
ToTaL_oWnAgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 01:00   #12
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTaL_oWnAgE View Post
Funny you should say that! my old high school wouldn't even allow us to bring water guns on the property.
I've never attended or heard of a school that does.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.