Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ordering from the USA?

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 15th, 2007, 11:23   #31
Droc
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
I ate a whole cheese pizza the other day and havent been able to make a bowel movement untill now.
  Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 12:27   #32
Amazing KG3
 
Amazing KG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Send a message via MSN to Amazing KG3
when you can save over 50% on goods, even with duty and shipping is included, to me its worth the risk, because even if you have to order again, it costs just as much.
Amazing KG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 12:34   #33
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks View Post
Did I say I was the one who got stuff seized? I'm saying, read again, that Customs has seized weirder things in the past for no other reason that it was a bad day.

All kinds of parts, add-ons, etc have been seized before. Even the small spring sets that go into mechboxes, just because the container said M-16 or something on it.

I'm saying that dealing with Customs is a gamble at all times and you depend on their whim when you order anything. For many things, the gamble works, sometimes it does not.

If the gamble is worth it to you, heck, go for it.

I buy all my stuff from our retailers or local hobby shops. I also beleive in supporting Canadian Retailers; if we dont, one day we'll really bitch that we cant get anything into the country.
I know of some very, very shady shit customs has pulled at the border both with packages ordered and people coming across. But honestly, one is more 1000 times more likely to be killed in a car crash than they are to have something like a battery siezed. If it says "M-16" or some shit on the outside I could see that, but if it's a normal consumable household supply... I personally have never heard of anyone having a battery siezed at the border.

I agree with supporting Canadian retailers. However, when one is on a tight budget (as I imagine a good chunk of the younger folk who play airsoft are) purchasing a battery that's $25-$50 more expensive for the same thing just doesn't make any sense, especially when the chance of having it siezed at the border is like 0.01% or less.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 12:45   #34
Amazing KG3
 
Amazing KG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Send a message via MSN to Amazing KG3
relating battery seizure do to airsoft is bullshit, if you consider that a risk, id consider importing anything a risk. It was just a one in a million problem.

I ordered a battery just a week ago, and its not here yet. My guess is customs is looking at it, and it should be here next week.
Amazing KG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 12:59   #35
sniperland
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I ordered about 700 dolars worth of guns from the usa and I didnt even get anything! Man luckily i got them insured and got all my money back. I tried it again and my WA came thru.
sniperland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 13:01   #36
mcguyver
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern Alberta
If you need small parts, or only 1 or 2 things, get in on a pre-order. It's no where near worth it to buy a spring for $10 U.S. and then pay $26 U.S. in shipping when you could get it on a preorder for $14 Canadian.

If you have more time than money, do a pre-order. If money means absolutely nothing to you, order from Asia or the U.S. yourself.

BTW Ducky, importing mags with fake bullets or any replica munitions is not illegal. Shipping them by Canada Post is now a Federal crime. How many people use CP on these forums? And many carriers will refuse to accept it, CP packages shipped via air may be scanned at random or entirely, so you do take your chances there.
__________________
Age verifier Northern Alberta

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 13:21   #37
Moderate
 
Moderate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under a Bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
Bookmarked! That's some funny stuff right there
Moderate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 13:24   #38
Amazing KG3
 
Amazing KG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Send a message via MSN to Amazing KG3
replace greylocks with anything else and it replaces it. you can put "burnt gay face man", and itll do it for that name.
Amazing KG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 13:52   #39
Ibby
 
Ibby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoria/Kingston
Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing KG3 View Post
replace greylocks with anything else and it replaces it. you can put "burnt gay face man", and itll do it for that name.
Sweet. I'm gonna set my computer up to wake me every morning with http://ibby.youaremighty.com/

Tony Robbins can eat my ass.
__________________
"Anyone with a name like Amanishourbariki should give a few letters to the poor Ng family." - Snarfangel, Fark.com
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 14:27   #40
Scooby Steve
 
Scooby Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St. Catharines, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
If you need small parts, or only 1 or 2 things, get in on a pre-order. It's no where near worth it to buy a spring for $10 U.S. and then pay $26 U.S. in shipping when you could get it on a preorder for $14 Canadian.

If you have more time than money, do a pre-order. If money means absolutely nothing to you, order from Asia or the U.S. yourself.
Sage advice. Follow it or don't.
Scooby Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 16:22   #41
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing KG3 View Post
relating battery seizure do to airsoft is bullshit, if you consider that a risk, id consider importing anything a risk. It was just a one in a million problem.

I ordered a battery just a week ago, and its not here yet. My guess is customs is looking at it, and it should be here next week.
Exactly. I just got my battery a few days ago, no problems whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperland
I ordered about 700 dolars worth of guns from the usa and I didnt even get anything! Man luckily i got them insured and got all my money back. I tried it again and my WA came thru.
I hope that was sarcasm.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 16:41   #42
mcguyver
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperland View Post
I ordered about 700 dolars worth of guns from the usa and I didnt even get anything! Man luckily i got them insured and got all my money back. I tried it again and my WA came thru.
Would you like a cookie for stating the obvious?

This thread is about ordering parts, not ordering guns that I'm very glad were seized on you. But you should have gotten stung for the $700, maybe then you'd learn.

There's no smiley for "Dumbass", is there?
__________________
Age verifier Northern Alberta

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 17:03   #43
Malinak
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kitchener
Send a message via MSN to Malinak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing KG3 View Post
I ordered a battery just a week ago, and its not here yet. My guess is customs is looking at it, and it should be here next week.

I would check out onlybatteries.com next time.
I just picked up 2 9.6v 1700 mah batteries for a total of $36.00 cdn including shipping. And with them being in Montreal there is no duties to pay and they arrived at my door in 2 days after placing my order.

It was the first purchase I had made from them, and definately won't be my last. I do not do alot of online shopping, but the cost/saving of these batteries made it worth it for me.
Also with my package, I got a little card telling me that if I make my purchase on a saturday that I would get 50% off my order (min. $50).
That being the case, I see no reason to have to buy abtteries from outside Canada again.


As for ordering other items, people just need to use thier common sense.
And by doing just a little bit opf reading on the forums people would be able to quickly find out when is going to be confiscatated and what wont. They just need to take the time and read before posting. Hell, it wouldnt surprise me at all if this same question was asked and answered 3000 times in the past 7 years.
__________________
Do you have any MP5 accessories that you're looking to get rid of just let me know.
Malinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 18:55   #44
freewheelin4eva
 
freewheelin4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cow town
Send a message via MSN to freewheelin4eva
Well I thank everyone for they're opinions, and for the greylocks, that is now saved on my comp too. I guess I will just hold off for now and save my loonies and toonies. and I sould have probably seared before asking a repetitive question, I always hated that on car forums, " hey what is the firing order of my engine?" question every couple of days, I am such a naysayer.
freewheelin4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 22:16   #45
Amazing KG3
 
Amazing KG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Send a message via MSN to Amazing KG3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinak View Post
I would check out onlybatteries.com next time.
I just picked up 2 9.6v 1700 mah batteries for a total of $36.00 cdn including shipping. And with them being in Montreal there is no duties to pay and they arrived at my door in 2 days after placing my order.

It was the first purchase I had made from them, and definately won't be my last. I do not do alot of online shopping, but the cost/saving of these batteries made it worth it for me.
Also with my package, I got a little card telling me that if I make my purchase on a saturday that I would get 50% off my order (min. $50).
That being the case, I see no reason to have to buy abtteries from outside Canada again.


As for ordering other items, people just need to use thier common sense.
And by doing just a little bit opf reading on the forums people would be able to quickly find out when is going to be confiscatated and what wont. They just need to take the time and read before posting. Hell, it wouldnt surprise me at all if this same question was asked and answered 3000 times in the past 7 years.
Thats where i ordered it from! good to know they have fans!
Amazing KG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.