Airsoft Canada
https://niagaraquartermaster.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Cory Rusk

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 1st, 2007, 23:04   #31
Kid
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
It was on the news that it did in fact happen that a couple of African American guys were pulled over, lost about an oz of pot to the police. They got a good lawyer, found out that African Americans are pulled over more often than white guys, then sued for discrimination and got their pot back. They actually got it back.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:05   #32
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
It was on the news that it did in fact happen that a couple of African American guys were pulled over, lost about an oz of pot to the police. They got a good lawyer, found out that African Americans are pulled over more often than white guys, then sued for discrimination and got their pot back. They actually got it back.
Hmm. Maybe they're pulled over more often for a reason.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:22   #33
Dirty Deeds
 
Dirty Deeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Deeds Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Deeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Hmm. Maybe they're pulled over more often for a reason.
Exactly, you could pull me over everyday for a year and you won't find any pot on me.
__________________
Team Bad Karma(BK-09)
CAUTION: Evil Genius at Work

Those that wear the "Tin Foil Hat" stand on guard for thee. All others stand on guard for themselves.

Dirty Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:46   #34
Moz
 
Moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Hmm. Maybe they're pulled over more often for a reason.
Moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:47   #35
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
No, it isn't. The were doing something illegal and got nailed for it. How is that racism? I hate it when people are like "It's racism" when an ethnic minority commits a crime and gets caught. WTF is with that.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; April 2nd, 2007 at 10:52..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:32   #36
Greylocks
 
Greylocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Gatineau, Quebec (Near Ottawa)
Is it more racist to stop a speeding black man than a speeding white man?
If I deal drugs or smuggle weapons, am I less guilty because I'm white?

What if I fit a profile or my car matches a crime that went on nearby? Should I be let go because of my race?

Not saying that some abuses never occur, but I've seen the same type of treatment in strongly ethnic areas of many towns where I happen to stick out. Why give the white boy a break? Let's fleece him for twice the price I sell to the locals.

If you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, just answer the police's questions honestly. End of problem. It works.

To say they always 'profile' you is an insult to their intelligence. Cops are not total idiots. Yes, some are, like in any community. But it's not the norm.

Some drugs smell bad. If you smoke a cigarette inside a car, it smells. If you smoke a joint, it's distinctive. If you have enough weed in an enclosed space, the stuff smells. If you ever got the bad luck to smell burned crack, there's no doubt what it is. That's not rocket science.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 12:51   #37
frankiet
 
frankiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
TO: Anybody screwed by Cory Rusk

I've been in contact with G4S (Securicor) VP of Corporate Security. He's very interested in the facts of this. Anybody who has been affected by this who wants to resolve this should PM me. Be prepared to submit any transactions with Cory (emails, receipts, etc.). Also, I hope that whoever wants to take action is willing to go to the police, otherwise don't contact me because you'd be wasting both my time and G4S's time.

G4S obviously doesn't want any 'bad people' working for them, especially considering their line of work.
frankiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 14:25   #38
Lawdog
 
Lawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Aurora
Both our constitution and our neighbour's to the south says that we are entitled to be free of unreasonable search and seizure.

The law is clear that if the grounds for the search is race that is unreasonable.

Can't say as I disagree.

LD
__________________
Quote:
When the elephants fight, it is bad for the grass. When the elephants make love, it is also bad for the grass.
Kenyan Proverb
Lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 14:39   #39
Manmaries
Professional Boob
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Send a message via ICQ to Manmaries Send a message via AIM to Manmaries Send a message via MSN to Manmaries
what if its a search and seizure using culturual profiling? Is that reasonable, if someone dresses like a "gangsta" isnt it reasonable to profile them as oposed to a guy say wearing regular everyday clothes?
__________________
BOYCOTT UPS
FORMERLY ( o Y o )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmaries
Shifty, i wish I could say something so cool and funny, that i'd have to quote myself so everyone could see how funny and cool I was.

I got it!
Manmaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 14:57   #40
Mapcinq
 
Mapcinq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Markham, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Mapcinq
Ive seen a few examples of profiling before. A few years ago I was going to Buffalo for the day. Both me and my friend had shaved heads and were wearing big boots. The border guards told us they needed to search the car (possibly thinking we were radical neo-nazis or something). However at this time a car pulled up at the next gate. It was an 80's era Cadillac with gold rims etc. The border guards gave us back our keys and said "Now you get a free show" They then proceded to take all of the african americans out of the Cadillac, and drove it to the next searching area. This was done possibly because it matched a description, and possibly not. I just thought I'd put it out there.
Mapcinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 16:07   #41
Coma
Age Verification Removed Due To Trade Dispute
 
Coma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midland
I've been profiled as well, for much the same reasons as Mr. Mapcinq there. Shaved head, big boots, and a trench coat don't go over well at the local Wal-Mart, lmao.

In responce to Manmaries' comment about 'gangstas'- Isn't it also part of their gang-life (or pseudo-gang-life) to carry handguns and commit violent acts? I mean, thats what those street gangs do, and if I were a police officer who saw a bunch of folks in gang colours I'd probably search them as well regardless of race. They are suspicious and have caused a lot of violence world-wide.
__________________
Chairsofter extraordinaire
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 16:34   #42
Moz
 
Moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post

In responce to Manmaries' comment about 'gangstas'- Isn't it also part of their gang-life (or pseudo-gang-life) to carry handguns and commit violent acts? I mean, thats what those street gangs do, and if I were a police officer who saw a bunch of folks in gang colours I'd probably search them as well regardless of race. They are suspicious and have caused a lot of violence world-wide.
I am unfortunately surrounded by these "gangstas" all day long and 99% of them are completely harmless fuckups.

And it's only people who fit profiles that do anything, right?
Moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 16:53   #43
Lawdog
 
Lawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Aurora
Profiling when crossing a border is a whole different story.

And remember, you choose to dress/act in a certain way, people cannot choose their ethnicity.

LD
__________________
Quote:
When the elephants fight, it is bad for the grass. When the elephants make love, it is also bad for the grass.
Kenyan Proverb
Lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 17:07   #44
Mapcinq
 
Mapcinq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Markham, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Mapcinq
Apparently you've never heard of Michael Jackson (jkjk)
Mapcinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 17:08   #45
Manmaries
Professional Boob
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Send a message via ICQ to Manmaries Send a message via AIM to Manmaries Send a message via MSN to Manmaries
Uh I dont know what gangstas you're surrounded by, but the ones at my old highschool were not harmless at all. Unless you count stabbings, drug dealing, breaking glass windows and doors in schools, fights and bullying as harmless.
__________________
BOYCOTT UPS
FORMERLY ( o Y o )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmaries
Shifty, i wish I could say something so cool and funny, that i'd have to quote myself so everyone could see how funny and cool I was.

I got it!
Manmaries is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://niagaraquartermaster.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.