Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ASCA - Sale of final AEG stock

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 2nd, 2007, 16:37   #136
Daes
 
Daes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Victoria, BC
Sir Toby did a pig shoot,

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=18337

for the pictures.
__________________


Daes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 16:37   #137
lt_poncho
 
lt_poncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: GTA
Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiet View Post
I would be honoured if I could see the data from that. Where can I get some of that? No seriously, can somebody mail it to me!
Cst. Murry Smith - RCMP - give him a ring. He appropriated the required ballistic test data to the CFC back in 1999 that mandated future Airsoft policies.
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 16:43   #138
baraccuda
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
could you post what is in stock when you find out thanks since this thread was about that
baraccuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 16:51   #139
Cortexburn
Miserable Bastard
 
Cortexburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Send a message via MSN to Cortexburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_poncho View Post
Cst. Murry Smith - RCMP - give him a ring. He appropriated the required ballistic test data to the CFC back in 1999 that mandated future Airsoft policies.

If I recall correctly...they used .22g bb's for that test data.......
__________________
My Buy/Sell Rating.

“We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.”
Thomas Jefferson

I hate Ghillie suits.

Socialism SUCKS

www.unisevil.com
Cortexburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 17:06   #140
lt_poncho
 
lt_poncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: GTA
Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexburn View Post
If I recall correctly...they used .22g bb's for that test data.......
Woah, I read this too quick and saw .22 cal BB's...and I was like - good lord they tested the crossman shit...

I wasn't able to get that test result off of Peter at the time - we're you? That would make a nice souvenier...
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 17:28   #141
frankiet
 
frankiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daes View Post
Sir Toby did a pig shoot,

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=18337

for the pictures.
Unfortunately the test gun shoots way to hot. 200 m/s!!! We'd need something shooting half that.
frankiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 17:30   #142
frankiet
 
frankiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_poncho View Post
Cst. Murry Smith - RCMP - give him a ring. He appropriated the required ballistic test data to the CFC back in 1999 that mandated future Airsoft policies.
Been there, done that. Spoke with him at length (over an hour). If he is the horse's mouth, then the horse said 335 fps is not a replica and therefore good to go.
frankiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 17:42   #143
spacemoose
 
spacemoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraccuda View Post
could you post what is in stock when you find out thanks since this thread was about that
why not just visit the site? you'll find your answer there.
__________________
spacemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 17:55   #144
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiet View Post
Oh, and back to my original question... IS THE SKY FALLING YET?!?
Well really... it fell in 1998 when replicas became prohibited devices...

The possession of replicas is certainly legal... so there is no change to our ability as owners of replicas to use them in a responsible manner.

What has really happened over the past few months is that Customs, and Law enforcement has made it pretty clear that thay don't think there is any "grey" area with respect to the classifying of Airsoft guns as replicas.

And neither should we...

What this means is that effectivly the trade in airsoft guns is gone.. we can no longer presume that the "foggy" definition of airsoft guns will protect us from Criminal Charges. This is exactly why retailers are getting out of the business....They know that the basis of their business is the sale of replica firearms to individuals .. which was in the past tolerated by the law...But seems to be much less so now....

To address the whole PAL issue and the required changes to the Firearms Act and the CCC that would be required to achieve our aim of licensing the sale of replicas to individuals...

One question... Why should they? of what value to society is allowing the licensed sale of replicas to individuals? Other than enabling this tiny community to continue to enjoy its passtime without hinderance?

Who would loose anything if this community was extinguished? and ground out of existance by the drying up of all sources of airsoft guns?.. other than us?

The current laws and restrictions serve well enough to make replicas available to those who have legitimate need in the eyes of the law. Specifically for theatrical and movie/ television production industry and for training purposes.

I simply can not see any support in lawmakers to re-jig laws to allow us to get more replica guns to play our games...

For me... what this means is I need to get a BFL
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 18:01   #145
frankiet
 
frankiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Brian, I agree with your assessment that lawmakers won't change anything for our hobby. BFL? Not familiar with that, but I would assume it's "better fucking lawyer"!
frankiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 18:08   #146
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiet View Post
Brian, I agree with your assessment that lawmakers won't change anything for our hobby. BFL? Not familiar with that, but I would assume it's "better fucking lawyer"!
I assume he meant Business Firearms License?
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 18:10   #147
frankiet
 
frankiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
I assume he meant Business Firearms License?
I think it would be easier to get the lawyer, but I guess you're probably right
frankiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 18:11   #148
lt_poncho
 
lt_poncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: GTA
Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiet View Post
Been there, done that. Spoke with him at length (over an hour). If he is the horse's mouth, then the horse said 335 fps is not a replica and therefore good to go.
By all means - get that on paper and we're gold, right?

I don't recognize you but you sound familliar...
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 18:12   #149
Droc
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOz View Post
Secondly, you are very brave to start an argument esp. after many posts have been stating NOT TO DO SO over this particular issue.
So what? Because you tell people not to argue you expect people to do what you say? Welcome to teh interweb my friend, where you dont get to call the shots on what people post. If you have done all the research that you said you have, then you should have learned to expect this from ASC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOz View Post
[B]Unlike you, I haven't been just talking the talk, I have been walking too... have some respect
You heard the man, lets all bow down. On your knees people. Front row, get a towel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOz View Post
I have yet to see anyone of "these people" post something in regards to what is being done currently.
Why should they? Your posting like mad during business hours. Now lets say its the end of the world situation...wouldn't you think that these people have better things to do then keep you informed. All day people have said to just wait. Instead of your fearmongering, why dont you go find what info you can, prepare a list of the people in power that you know and be ready for when a plan is formulated. All I see is "OMG, we need to do something!!?!?!?!" Just chill out dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOz View Post
Think twice as much as you speak/write and you might actually have something worthwhile to
Not to be mean, because im sure after 16 hours of coffee fueled ASC it doesnt take much to set you off, but what have you done? Im reading over things and aside from a do-nothing online petition, all I see is you running around in a panic like a chicken with its head cut off. Your firing off your nukes before you open the silo door.

We appreciate your concerns and applaud your efforts, but we are all in the same boat and we are all thinking the same things.

Just relax. Have a beer, get some sleep, masturbate, have a cold shower or whatever. Just chill out.

Edit: Can you post up the list of your petition? Im curious to see it.

Good points Poncho and Brian.

Last edited by Droc; March 2nd, 2007 at 18:20..
  Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 18:18   #150
frankiet
 
frankiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_poncho View Post
By all means - get that on paper and we're gold, right?

I don't recognize you but you sound familliar...
You have no idea how hard I've been trying to do this. This is the problem. I'm willing to take any ideas on how to get this in writing. I think this is where we can get MPs involved. Asking them to introduce legislation would be next to hopeless (not to be pessimistic), but getting help to get something in writing, that has some possibility. Any thoughts?
frankiet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.