Airsoft Canada
https://niagaraquartermaster.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

NEWBIE QUESTIONS

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:38   #91
Droc
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
I'm doing my best to stay away from that kind of thread Droc...
Ah, well, you know me. Any excuse to lay my piece on the table.
damm, you spoiled the fallow-up jokes about asking who was gonna be the taste-test judge in the ***** contest. oh well. Another day.

Last edited by Droc; February 2nd, 2007 at 10:42..
  Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:43   #92
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tottenham
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
Ah, well, you know me. Any excuse to lay my piece on the table.
damm, you spoiled the fallow-up jokes about asking who was gonna be the taste-test judge in the ***** contest. oh well. Another day.
LMAO...
__________________
LIKE us on Facebook!!
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 11:05   #93
Zeonprime
NUTSHOT!
 
Zeonprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
LMAO...
Sometimes you and Droc scare me Jay.
__________________

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 08:33   #94
Cyclic
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ON, Canada
Send a message via MSN to Cyclic
I've waited a long time to say this, and since I'm having a superb morning (just knocked down 2 coyotes, yes GL, with a real rifle, on my real non-range private property), I'll top it off with a comment...

GL, if spending your time on this board and pointing noobs in some direction is so much trouble why not take ASC out of your bookmarks. Easy solution. The only reason you have "so much knowledge" of the sport is because you have spent every waking moment for the last ump-teen years on a board getting your 2 cents in on everything you can. ...a board for a sport that you don't even play. Yet with all that time and working to become the uber-airsoft guru of Canada and self proclaimed know-it-all, you have zero experience. Worst of all, 90% of the dribble that comes out of your keyboard is misinformation and garbage. You proclaim to have years of first hand experience and knowledge about everything, yet drop the ball on something as basic as where you can fire a rifle? Maybe you need to retake your PAL and freshen up (if you ever had it in the first place). That one post made a lot of people realize, unequivocally, that you're full of shit. The only reason that no one has called you on it after all these years is because you've been banking on the fact that all your 2nd hand knowledge you've read on the net will fly over the heads of younger people that have less real experience than your "false experience".

The closest experience I can find to you actually playing the sport is your posed photo in your avatar. And that was probably the same day that Ottawa realized that you were a gas-bag and decided not to welcome you back. Maybe all your anger and harsh comments towards noobs is a reflection on your airsoft career. Is it that you just can't stand seeing some new kid come here, ask a justified question and get a honest response? Maybe that person will feel welcome and pick up the sport and flourish in it? Something that you were denied? So since you've been reduced to chairsofting and mastering your keyboard commando skills, you make it your mission to see that others share your same fate. The only thing is that people that don't know any better that let you bully them out of the sport don't spend the next 10 years of their life not playing and camping out at ASC bitching..

If you're going to take it upon yourself to become the unofficial grand-puba airsoft spokesman, at least act like it. If you don't have something constructive or most importantly, accurate to say, keep your cursor away from that reply button. I have far more respect for a new guy that asks a question than for someone that should know better that just bitches and bs's his way along.

mmm.. that felt good. Time to scrape some pelts.
__________________
Retired 2PPCLI
Cyclic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 14:07   #95
Debbie
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
LOL, Now he is on Foxden airsoft looking for support from the noobs there. He refuses to reply to any of your comments Cyclic.....he still believes he is a God.
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 16:24   #96
Droc
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclic View Post
I've waited a long time to say this, and since I'm having a superb morning (just knocked down 2 coyotes, yes GL, with a real rifle, on my real non-range private property), I'll top it off with a comment...

GL, if spending your time on this board and pointing noobs in some direction is so much trouble why not take ASC out of your bookmarks. Easy solution. The only reason you have "so much knowledge" of the sport is because you have spent every waking moment for the last ump-teen years on a board getting your 2 cents in on everything you can. ...a board for a sport that you don't even play. Yet with all that time and working to become the uber-airsoft guru of Canada and self proclaimed know-it-all, you have zero experience. Worst of all, 90% of the dribble that comes out of your keyboard is misinformation and garbage. You proclaim to have years of first hand experience and knowledge about everything, yet drop the ball on something as basic as where you can fire a rifle? Maybe you need to retake your PAL and freshen up (if you ever had it in the first place). That one post made a lot of people realize, unequivocally, that you're full of shit. The only reason that no one has called you on it after all these years is because you've been banking on the fact that all your 2nd hand knowledge you've read on the net will fly over the heads of younger people that have less real experience than your "false experience".

The closest experience I can find to you actually playing the sport is your posed photo in your avatar. And that was probably the same day that Ottawa realized that you were a gas-bag and decided not to welcome you back. Maybe all your anger and harsh comments towards noobs is a reflection on your airsoft career. Is it that you just can't stand seeing some new kid come here, ask a justified question and get a honest response? Maybe that person will feel welcome and pick up the sport and flourish in it? Something that you were denied? So since you've been reduced to chairsofting and mastering your keyboard commando skills, you make it your mission to see that others share your same fate. The only thing is that people that don't know any better that let you bully them out of the sport don't spend the next 10 years of their life not playing and camping out at ASC bitching..

If you're going to take it upon yourself to become the unofficial grand-puba airsoft spokesman, at least act like it. If you don't have something constructive or most importantly, accurate to say, keep your cursor away from that reply button. I have far more respect for a new guy that asks a question than for someone that should know better that just bitches and bs's his way along.

mmm.. that felt good. Time to scrape some pelts.
sorry, I thought this post had something interesting to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
LOL, Now he is on Foxden airsoft looking for support from the noobs there. He refuses to reply to any of your comments Cyclic.....he still believes he is a God.
Ha, and you still believe anyone cares about your opinion.

And its funny how you say noobs, considering your so new, your still waiting on your peach-fuz....OVA has members who have been around far longer then you think.


Either way, this threads is smelling ripe for a good cleaning or trashing.

Last edited by Droc; February 3rd, 2007 at 16:29..
  Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 16:48   #97
Cyclic
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ON, Canada
Send a message via MSN to Cyclic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
sorry, I thought this post had something interesting to it.
And I'm sorry you didn't realize that you weren't included in my post. Not that it matters for you to get your 2 cents in on something... informative as always.
__________________
Retired 2PPCLI
Cyclic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 17:04   #98
Gryphon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MB
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Dave, I salute you.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 17:12   #99
insanegame
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I'm a noob here, but do be honest after what I've seen, Greylocks looks to have more proper information to give out than Debbie and Cyclic. Sorry if my opinion doesn't match all of yours but thats just how I see it, and probably a lot of other people too since there's only two badmouthing Greylocks as opposed to the entire site. Ten to one the guy probably has other shit to do rather than play airsoft(no that it is not important). Money is tight these days, so is gas, and so is time indefinitely, maybe he has a family to tend to, or maybe he works a lot, who knows, just leave him the hell alone you pricks, and Droc, I think these two would definitely be raising both hands, jumping up in the air a million times, and going, "OOH OOH PICK ME PICK ME!" to be the taste judges. And both Debbie and Cyclic need to not jack this post and just seriously stfu and mind their own. And that was my two cents, oh damn, Cyclic, you gonna piss on me now for putting in my two cents??? No point in it, it's called freedom of speech you ignorant bastard!
insanegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 17:42   #100
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tottenham
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanegame View Post
I'm a noob here, but do be honest after what I've seen, Greylocks looks to have more proper information to give out than Debbie and Cyclic.
Ah yes, you would know now wouldn't you? Re-read the thread from the beginning. And telling people to shut the fuck up isn't acceptable around here so drop the rudeness. If you have some useful to contribute by all means contribute it. In this aspect I do agree with Greylocks on some new people who come here and post garbage in the name of free speech - Hojo is a lot more forgiving than I would be.

Long live the mud room.

Oh yes, and incidently mentoring new players involves more than posting on a d-board on the interweb. Wolfpack hosts newb days and public events at our private field each year precisely for welcoming new players to the game and helping them get an accelerated start. I'd say that holds a lot more credibility than "you're a stupid ghey newb haxxor, go read up on that question.." posts. Any asshole can commit to a 30 second brain dump in a post, but the two people you're referring to have spent over 5 years each in the game, one in two separate provinces, in the field, mentoring new players directly. So before using your 'freedom of speech' to post pointless drivel, get the facts straight first.

BTW, people like you are why we're having this argument in the first place.

SPANK!
__________________
LIKE us on Facebook!!

Last edited by Scarecrow; February 3rd, 2007 at 17:57..
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 18:15   #101
Debbie
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
For your information Cyclic is a recently retired COMBAT soldier with more tours of duty and combat, than 99% of the people on these boards. He has forgotten more than any of you will ever know. He was not a bad assed reservist but full time in the shit....I am sorry I would follow him before ANYONE on these boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanegame View Post
Cyclic, you gonna piss on me now for putting in my two cents??? No point in it, it's called freedom of speech you ignorant bastard!
It's soldiers like Cyclic who served so you could have your freedom of speech...You ignorant bastard!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DROC
meh, no worries. Debbie has already proved herself as a c-untscab and cleric...well, no one cares what cyclic says.
Good one DROC

Last edited by Debbie; February 3rd, 2007 at 18:27..
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 18:34   #102
Droc
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclic View Post
And I'm sorry you didn't realize that you weren't included in my post. Not that it matters for you to get your 2 cents in on something... informative as always.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
In this aspect I do agree with Greylocks on some new people who come here and post garbage in the name of free speech - Hojo is a lot more forgiving than I would be.

Long live the mud room.
Personally I don't care for alot of minors who come through here. We seem to get alot more mongoloid retards then responsible kids. The laws get discussed on ASC often, and this thread has no definitive answers. Its Greylocks being picked apart by some new people and you WP buys...and thats fine, because I used to do it also. Not everything the guy says falls into everyone else's definition of fact...Now people will say its been bunked in this thread, but thats bullshit...we have countless threads and there is nothing special about this one. No one doubts the knowledge of morb or scarecrow, as they both know their shit as they have proven time and time again. Well respected members of the community who have done more then most to keep our game alive.
I come to Greylocks defense now and then because, in the end, I think his message is right. When I see a post like the one below, it burns my brain. With all the misinformation, I dont think its correct to say its perfectly legal. Id think that Scarecrow could agree that saying its perfectly legal is not 100% accurate. Im no authority on the laws of this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
So there it is folks, There is no legal reason why anyone at any age cannot play and buy airsoft. Under 18 years old MAY legally purchase
We got alot of confusing info...and with all the jibba-jaba we get from the CFC and CBSA about the legalities of airsoft, its nothing but confusing. However, personally, Id say that with a grey area, Id stay on the side of caution and not tell minors they can own guns.

Code:
Air Guns and Air Soft Guns

Air guns with a velocity of less than 500 feet per second are not considered firearms for licensing and registration purposes. For most other purposes, however, these air guns are considered to be firearms rather than replicas if their projectiles can cause serious injuries. Air guns that look like real firearms but that cannot cause serious injury fit the definition of a replica. In some cases, ballistic studies may be necessary to determine if a particular air gun can cause serious injury.

Some devices commonly known as "air soft" guns may qualify as replica firearms. For example, following a thorough assessment and a review of ballistic studies, the Chief Scientist for Firearms at the RCMP's Central Forensic Laboratory has determined that a line of electric guns, spring guns and gas-powered guns produced by the Tokyo Marui company are replica firearms because:

* They closely resemble real firearms in size, colour, appearance and configuration, and
* The projectiles that they fire are not likely to cause serious bodily injury.

Again, various makes and models may have to be assessed on a case-by-case basis.


3. Air guns that are replica firearms

These are air guns that are not powerful enough to cause serious injury or death, but that were designed to resemble a real firearm with near precision. Replica firearms, except for replicas of antique firearms, are classified as prohibited devices.

In particular, some air guns that are commonly called air soft guns may fall into this category. These are devices that have a low muzzle velocity and muzzle energy, and that usually discharge projectiles made out of a substance such as plastic or wax rather than metal or lead.

Although replica firearms are prohibited, you may keep any that you owned on December 1, 1998. You do not need a licence to possess them, and they do not need to be registered. However, as an individual, you cannot import or acquire a replica firearm. If you take a replica firearm out of Canada, you will not be able to bring it back in.

The Criminal Code sets out some penalties for using a replica firearm or any other imitation firearm to commit a crime.

The Canada Firearms Centre (CAFC) receives many enquiries from people wondering whether a low-powered air gun would be considered a replica if it resembles a real firearm in terms of its shape and size, but it is made of clear or brightly coloured plastic, or is much smaller in size.

Many of these devices have to be assessed on a case-by-case basis. As a general rule, however, those made out of clear plastic and those that are significantly smaller than the real version are not classified as replicas. Brightly coloured paint does not necessarily exclude a device from the definition of a replica. If you have questions about a particular make and model of air gun you may contact a firearms technician by calling 1 800 731-4000, ext 1060.

4. Air guns that are neither firearms nor replicas

These are air guns that are not powerful enough to be classified as firearms and that do not resemble a real firearm closely enough to be considered a replica. An example would be a harmless air gun made out of clear plastic or a device that is obviously a child’s toy.

Like replicas, they generally fall within the definition of an “imitation firearm” and are subject to some penalties under the Criminal Code if used to commit a crime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
Good one DROC
TY, he just reiterated what Morb and Scarecrow already said...and its nothing new. Big deal, someone else doesnt like Greylocks. Anyone care?
Try again Tiffany.

Last edited by Droc; February 3rd, 2007 at 18:42..
  Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 18:55   #103
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tottenham
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
I don't really *care* about Greylocks as I am sure he doesn't give a damn about me either, for me at least this is about what he posts and ensuring its as accurate as possible, IF he's going to claim expertise about something. What I don't like to see is a cocksure attitude, ripping into someone or being utterly impolite on something where he's blatantly wrong.

I wouldn't care if it is Greylocks or anyone else, but the reason I focused in on it was because it is an area of MY expertise (the firearms stuff) and I object to the misinformation being out there and for some new guy who is actually right getting borderline flamed for posting what was actually accurate information. Now, if he's inaccuate about that, and talks through his hat, it naturally leads me to look into what else he is saying and to question it as well. Its called CREDIBILITY. He makes far too many blanket statements about things being against the law, which in fact are not, or are a matter of custom, self regulation or personal convenience. But to dissuade an underaged player from pursuing the sport because he's 16 is a bad thing to do. It makes all kind of presumptions that could be incorrect and counter to his saying it, my experience shows that I've met, worked with, mentored and helped a lot of underaged players who then went on to be excellent players and teammates. What do I say? I say talk to your parents and seek their approval to play the game and find people who will take the time to help you learn about the game and *possibly* participate in a game with a waiver, hosts and field owners allowing.

Now why do I care at all? I care because unlike Greylocks, I still play the game and I want the game to grow and I want to see new players welcomed to the community and mentored into players I can then play with or against (and sell BBs to incidently - enlightened self interest). What I am seeing is a person who no longer plays the game interfering with that personal goal of mine and I object to it. Nothing more.

Others here have a more personal take on it and I won't speak for anyone other than myself. If Greylocks gets flamed because of it, I think all thats happening is the universe is rebalancing things a little. Sucks to be on the receiving end once in a while, but you reap what you sew. Hopefully its a lesson learned.
__________________
LIKE us on Facebook!!
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 19:04   #104
Droc
Guest
fair enough
  Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 19:06   #105
Cyclic
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ON, Canada
Send a message via MSN to Cyclic
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanegame View Post
And that was my two cents, oh damn, Cyclic, you gonna piss on me now for putting in my two cents???
No, you're not worth my time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
For your information Cyclic is a recently retired...
Thanks but I don't know you, and you don't know me.. So don't try and quote my experience for use in your own personal pissing match. I had something to say to Graylocks and it was said. I don't need anyone backing me up because I'm fully capable of taking responsibility for my own words. Last I heard men were still able to air their beefs with other men.

Enough said..
__________________
Retired 2PPCLI
Cyclic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://niagaraquartermaster.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.