Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Realistic replica guns readily available

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 19th, 2007, 11:40   #16
frankiet
 
frankiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman01 View Post
If we are so responsible and respectable...And some are, then maybe getting rid of the "threatening looks" would be an easy fix from our side. The rest of the political solutions regarding laws and airsoft I haven't even touched on. But the fact that the writer is using quotes from ASC armoury just means they can find more on airsoft that can be taken out of context!
Where do you draw the line of what is threatening? Is my avatar threatening? I'm pointing a gun, just not directly at that camera. Some people find the mere photo of a gun threatening. We're going to end up deleting most photos from this site if he try not to scare soccer moms.
frankiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 11:44   #17
Jayhad
 
Jayhad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post

My age has nothing to do with realizing the problem. You just seem to use it as an excuse to make it look like I don't know anything.
your age has a lot to do with the problem and so does everyone else that is a child (you are a child)but feels they are responsible or mature enough, every time a child circumvents the processes we have in place now to aquire an airsoft weapon they weaken our stand against soccer moms.

I am all for "something" to happen proactively with us a community, but you shouldn't really be adding anything to the conversation if you are under age.
we don't ask 14 year olds for driving instructions

how about you hold your comments on activism within airsoft until you can legally own airsoft

Now have your fit, if you were mature enough you would understand that this is a sport for adults and you can wait, but you won't
__________________
JAYHAD: Commander - Airsoft Assassins
distributing plastic death one nerd at a time
JOC Age Verifier
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!

Last edited by Jayhad; January 19th, 2007 at 11:46..
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 11:54   #18
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
One of the issues is

that the majority of the community uses the same term for the activities performed with the weapon simulators and weapon simulators themselves.

one of the first things we need to do is separate the activity from the simulators.

It gets very confusing to use the same word as both a verb and a noun in the same sentence.

People calling themselves "airsofters" ... or playing "airsoft" sounds childish and is hangover from their days as "paintballers"

What we really do is " modern combat re-creation" using mostly harmless simulated weapons.

The Brits got their exclusion from prohibition to posses and trade in realistic imitation firearms under a "historical Re-enactment" waiver in the law.
because they were able to illustrate a viable case for the need to have access to realistic imitation firearms, as well as other weapons such as swords, spears, ect,
They separated the issue from the object.. and were successful in distancing themelves from the illicit users of the same objects.

There is a community here, that also enjoys the activity of "Modern Combat Re-creation" ... it just so happens that our prefered choice for weapon simulators are a class of imitation firearms commonly known as "airsoft guns"

In legal circles little things such as semantics can have a large effect.

I for one never mention "airsoft" anymore I call them "training simulators" or Simulated Weapons

I think one of the first steps in preserving this activity is making a clear separation between what we do and what we use.
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 11:55   #19
wolfman01
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Calgary AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiet View Post
Where do you draw the line of what is threatening? Is my avatar threatening? I'm pointing a gun, just not directly at that camera. Some people find the mere photo of a gun threatening. We're going to end up deleting most photos from this site if he try not to scare soccer moms.
True, its my perception, and maybe others too. I'm not threatend by a avatar because I understand it. But the guns alone appear threatening to some. Having them pointed at the camera is a pointing at the person veiwing.
No I don't want to please soccer moms, but I do understand "anti gun" types way of thinking, and I'm sure most other do to. At the moment things are hot. Any good lawyer will tell you before a court case is don't say or do anything incriminating. Weather we see it that way or not, some will and do. I've had plenty of my wifes friends completely frown on the fact that I play this."Why would you play a game that simulates war and violence?" This is what I've heard in so many words twice. While the mainstream is paying attention maybe things that they wouldn't understand and never will could be avoided.

Disagree as you will, but the fact is the article touches on quotes made by a respectable retailer, and bent to come out negative.

Last edited by wolfman01; January 19th, 2007 at 12:32..
wolfman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:21   #20
wolfman01
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Calgary AB
If I had a solution to this problem we keep running into every 3 or 4 months, my thinking would be to have airsoft fall into having to have a PAL. If you screw up you could be charged criminally, and lose any ability to ever own another gun of any sort.

As far as "getting rid of stupid people, or irresponsilbe behavior with airsoft guns" Good luck!

I'm done here.
wolfman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:22   #21
thephenom
 
thephenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto
Send a message via MSN to thephenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
Lucky your very right. A solution that can help the Airsoft reputation to be showed as a past-time that people with MATURITY play.

The people on the streets with their guns aren't considered to be playing Airsoft, because they are in a designated field. There just acting like idiots to think that someone who sees them in camo and look-a-like guns wouldn't call the cops on them.

A program or something should be put in place through all the retailers, that when they maybe sell the guns either in person or through mail, that they could maybe send a pamphlet or give them one defining the rules of Airsoft and the laws surrounding it.

Many times people don't do their research, they don't come on this website, and go ahead and buy the guns. Thats why people are running around. They just simply aren't INFORMED. Thats the root problem, if they knew they could be charged, if they knew their $500 guns would be taken and destroyed, only the idiots who are criminals would use it for a crime.

Uninformed people, thats the problem.
That's the government's job to inform people about the law. It's not our job to advertise on national tv to educate these retards.

Not knowing the law doesn't make you innocent.

In this case, it's common sense, you carry a gun around town, or you play cop and robber in your front yard, what can you really expect out of it?
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:39   #22
redhawk_six
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Aldergrove, BC
Send a message via ICQ to redhawk_six Send a message via AIM to redhawk_six Send a message via MSN to redhawk_six
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
Lucky your very right. A solution that can help the Airsoft reputation to be showed as a past-time that people with MATURITY play.

The people on the streets with their guns aren't considered to be playing Airsoft, because they are in a designated field. There just acting like idiots to think that someone who sees them in camo and look-a-like guns wouldn't call the cops on them.

A program or something should be put in place through all the retailers, that when they maybe sell the guns either in person or through mail, that they could maybe send a pamphlet or give them one defining the rules of Airsoft and the laws surrounding it.

Many times people don't do their research, they don't come on this website, and go ahead and buy the guns. Thats why people are running around. They just simply aren't INFORMED. Thats the root problem, if they knew they could be charged, if they knew their $500 guns would be taken and destroyed, only the idiots who are criminals would use it for a crime.

Uninformed people, thats the problem.
You're completely out in left feild. The big problem isnt people playing airsoft in the streets, that rarely happens here. The big problem is the use of airsoft in crimes and airsoft being carried by criminals and "gangster" wannabes. That is what's sparked the comments from Victoria Police, and led to this article.
__________________
Redhawk Six
Guns are meant to go bang, not bling!
Just say no to chrome guns.

New members click HERE
redhawk_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:48   #23
Lakonian
kos
 
Lakonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wherever.
Quote:
No. You guys are just to aragant to see it. So you can sit here and pout all you want day after day after day about how 'idiots' cause these problems. But when you aren't willing to see the issue, than the only idiot here is you.
How the hell are we "too arrogant to see it" ? We see the problem, but there's nothing we can do about it. If someone is inclined to rob a bank with a replica, he is going to do so; If someone is stupid and wants to play on the street, he/she is going to do so. Proper gun education (safe handling,storage, etc...) is out of the question...

Quote:
So pout all you want, but the problem won't go away until someone realizes what has to be done to change the problem.
I suppose you know exactly what needs to be done? Yeah, ofcourse you do.. cause-what? You've been on the forums, and in the loop for 2 months (maybe less) now?

Quote:
If the issue keeps existing, than the solution that was put into effect, simply isn't working. Which means a new solution has to be made.
WTF are you even talking about? The solution is to ban crappy-tire-crap-soft, or atleast make it harder to get. But do you honestly think they're going to ban something that makes as much money as that? NO.

Quote:
My age has nothing to do with realizing the problem. You just seem to use it as an excuse to make it look like I don't know anything.
You DON'T know anything. If you knew anything , you'd know that there has already been action taken to prevent the ban...and I assure you, it wasn't run by some snotty little shat like yourself.

so can you shut the hell up already? Have you even held an airsoft gun before? Why are you wasting your time crying about it.. Go get into some pre-pubescent emo bitch's pants.

Last edited by Lakonian; January 19th, 2007 at 12:50..
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:49   #24
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk_six View Post
You're completely out in left feild. The big problem isnt people playing airsoft in the streets, that rarely happens here. The big problem is the use of airsoft in crimes and airsoft being carried by criminals and "gangster" wannabes. That is what's sparked the comments from Victoria Police, and led to this article.
Agreed ... this is the issue... but also at issue is the police reluctance to charge people with offenses when the replicas are abused.

then the existing laws loose their bite.. and people start looking for other solutions , like outright bans.

Often the problem is that the police don't know the law.. and think that because it is not a "real gun" they can't do anything.

in the media piece quoted.. the police state that "it is not illegal to carry around a replica"

Which could not be farther from the truth.. Carrying a replica .. say in your waistband under your shirt. breaks 3 distinct sections of the Criminal code.

Concealed weapon, Improper transport, and weapons dangerous...
all of these offenses carry the potential for jail time. yet the police don't charge.. Why?

Is it because the judiciary won't convict? .. is it because the charges are easily defended? ... Is it actualy because the police don't know the law?
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite

Last edited by Brian McIlmoyle; January 19th, 2007 at 12:49.. Reason: spelling
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:52   #25
Jayhad
 
Jayhad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
so can you shut the hell up already? Have you even held an airsoft gun before? Why are you wasting your time crying about it.. Go get into some pre-pubescent emo bitch's pants.
OH SNAP
__________________
JAYHAD: Commander - Airsoft Assassins
distributing plastic death one nerd at a time
JOC Age Verifier
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 13:06   #26
Lakonian
kos
 
Lakonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wherever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Is it actualy because the police don't know the law?

Yeah. Definately because the police don't know the law...
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 13:10   #27
SnakeDoctor
 
SnakeDoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Send a message via AIM to SnakeDoctor Send a message via MSN to SnakeDoctor Send a message via Skype™ to SnakeDoctor
Oh I see. Well than your right, nothing much you can do than. But how can you know nothing will work when you havnt tried? Or you have but gave up?
__________________
"The developed country spends around 20 billion a year on aid and over 500 billion on military weapons."

"In 10-15 years, one of the worlds problems will be gone."- Yogi Satyam

I'm worth $1,788,050 on HumanForSale.com


Force 32 Team Forum
SnakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 13:18   #28
Lakonian
kos
 
Lakonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wherever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
Oh I see. Well than your right, nothing much you can do than. But how can you know nothing will work when you havnt tried? Or you have but gave up?
I haven't tried anything because I see no threat right now. You're new, you take these incidents, and view them as the apocalypse. This is the 15th(?) scare I've seen on these boards... Nothing has really happend, so I doubt anything will happen in a few months/weeks/days/whatever. Just relax, and try not to bother with things you can't handle.

Legal actions are best taken by someone more experienced, and over 18.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 13:30   #29
SnakeDoctor
 
SnakeDoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Send a message via AIM to SnakeDoctor Send a message via MSN to SnakeDoctor Send a message via Skype™ to SnakeDoctor
Ok so since there really is no problem like you say, than why are people complaining?

Thats what I dont get. But w/e, Im done with all this whining and b/s.
__________________
"The developed country spends around 20 billion a year on aid and over 500 billion on military weapons."

"In 10-15 years, one of the worlds problems will be gone."- Yogi Satyam

I'm worth $1,788,050 on HumanForSale.com


Force 32 Team Forum
SnakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 13:32   #30
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tottenham
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Guys, stop fighting like a bunch of whiny bitches and talk about this intelligently. Brian has brought up some very good points. Ignore asshat posts and get to the meat of the issue and offer some solutions, identify other problems, but stop slinging shit like a bunch of chimps, its getting tiring to read.
__________________
LIKE us on Facebook!!
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.