Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Are you under 18 years old? - Discussion Thread

:

General

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 18th, 2006, 08:53   #166
Ace of Spades©
 
Ace of Spades©'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oromocto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Spades
Man, im underage, and I look up to people like greylocks and droc. Fuck, people, just wait untill you are 18, you have a whole bleeding live in front of you and 18 is only what? 1-2 years away for most people. If, at your age, you have soo much time on your hands to deal with school AND airsoft, just join the freeking cadets and wait a year or two, its not the end of the world.

My self I struck a deal with my parents, I wait untill im 18, but im allowed to build up my gear, so when I do get a airsoft gun, I already am ready and can start playing.
Who was complaining, mate? I'm all down with waiting, and I've been thinking of building up my gear too, anywho.
Im talking about the people that create threads like "Lower the cut off age for airsoft" or "Im 15 and I think I should be allowed to play" Good god, the majority of the underage people here are 16+ and for those that complain, you got less then 730 days or 17520 hours or 1051200 minutes or 63072000 seconds of waiting, so instead of using that time to complain, get out and gain some respect by not going with the flow of most underagers and just wait it out.
__________________
Ace of Spades © Copyright 2006 - Ace Of Spades. All Rights Reserved.



Quote:
My gun is like a Land Rover, when it works, its great. Problem is, its a Land Rover, so it never works...
Ace of Spades© is offline  
Old June 19th, 2006, 08:16   #167
lyphe
 
lyphe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Send a message via MSN to lyphe
I love how all the under 18 people say they are waiting till they are 18 and trying to act all mature and such to get respect from the regulars, but hey, i'm sure (at least hoping) most of thoes are being sincere.

It really amazes me how little responsibility retailers have for selling guns to minors. It is so incredibly easy to bypass any kind of age-varification system out there, and there are essentially no penalties or suits agains these retailers. IT boggles my mind how someone can sell an airsoft/bb gun to a kid and be fine with it, fully knowing that the second the kid gets it they will wreak havoc on anything smaller then them. When i was 17 i told my parents i wanted a bb gun and they gave me one of the scariest looks i've ever seen, i haven't said a word to them about it since. Question is, what's wrong with parents today?
__________________

"I loved all who were positive
In the event of my demise." - Tupac

lyphe is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2006, 14:19   #168
Cabose
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabose
The stupied thing about these rules is that I can join the reserves and fire real weapons at 16 yet I cant participate in a sport that involves people getting hit with plastic balls.
Cabose
The stupid thing about this often repeated argument is that you do all this under direct supervision of legally responsible adults, and you dont own the weapons.
You missed the entire point, and you're not the first.

Two words; Legally Responsible.
Sorry to bring this up alittle late I forgot to cheack the fourms. Also sorry for keeping this point going. I'm not suprised it is over used because its a good one.

Okay you stated that you are supervised by legally resposibale adults. This is kind of true. You are supervised during BMQ but that is because you are being traind. However when you start SQ and MOC and even after that when you are on field operations with your unit you are not supervised by legally responsibale adults as much as in BMQ or the amount required for Airsoft. This is because you are our in the field with 4 guys here and 4 guys there and your advanceing up the field kicking ass. Whilst your WO is not in your squad to watch you just because you are under 18. So if you say I am being watched be legaly responsible adults whilst in the reserves then you could be my legally resposible adult. What do you say ???
Cabose
Cabose is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2006, 16:38   #169
Greylocks
 
Greylocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Gatineau, Quebec (Near Ottawa)
I'm not willing to be legally responsible for your ass. It's not my job, I'm not your dad.

And no matter where you are in the military, someone Legally Responsible made a decision and they have the right to enforce those decisions by Federal Laws.

The simple question you must ask yourself in civilian life; are you legally responsible for yourself or not? Under 18, the answer is no. Who is responsible? Your parents.
Not your brother, not a buddy, not a stranger.

Even simpler; if you cant legally vote, you are not legally responsible or accountable for yourself. Someone else has to deal with the consequences of any of your decisions.

It sure as hell wont be me.
Greylocks is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2006, 21:17   #170
mtallman
 
mtallman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
.
mtallman is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2006, 00:22   #171
|-|ellfire
 
|-|ellfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Val-d'Or, Quebec
Cabose, you make me think of the song "eve of destruction" when he say : "You'r old enough to kill, but not for votin'". The thing is, if you are in the reserve and you kill some one (maybe a friendly), you will not be responsible for it, the goverment will (but if you do kill a friendly, It's probably because you did an action not supported by the goverment).

So for underage airsoft wannabe like me, I'll give you one advice : buy your gear right now (like I did), so when you'll be old enought, you'll be ready. But please dont jerk around with it, you'll give airsoft a bad name.
__________________
Dragunov and Stolichnaya,
Smirnoff and Kalashnikov
|-|ellfire is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2006, 00:26   #172
Pliskin
 
Pliskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Pliskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by |-|ellfire
Cabose, you make me think of the song "eve of destruction" when he say : "You'r old enough to kill, but not for votin'". The thing is, if you are in the reserve and you kill some one (maybe a friendly), you will not be responsible for it, the goverment will (but if you do kill a friendly, It's probably because you did an action not supported by the goverment).

So for underage airsoft wannabe like me, I'll give you one advice : buy your gear right now (like I did), so when you'll be old enought, you'll be ready. But please dont jerk around with it, you'll give airsoft a bad name.
Buy the gear, not the gun, and go watch some events, no more then that. Dont buy the gun, you'll be too tempted to use it.
__________________
Looking for an Age Verifier who passes through Renfrew area to contact me! PM me please!

Pliskin is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2006, 00:33   #173
|-|ellfire
 
|-|ellfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Val-d'Or, Quebec
Actually I did bought the gun, that exact way :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc
The only minors who should have guns are the ones who have earned the respect of players and buy there guns through verified players.
Still for my defense, I don't really use it. from time to time I take it out of the box and go shoot with it at the shooting range, and wait for the moment some one will appear in the sights.
__________________
Dragunov and Stolichnaya,
Smirnoff and Kalashnikov
|-|ellfire is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2006, 00:36   #174
Pliskin
 
Pliskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Pliskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by |-|ellfire
Actually I did bought the gun, that exact way :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc
The only minors who should have guns are the ones who have earned the respect of players and buy there guns through verified players.
Still for my defense, I don't really use it. from time to time I take it out of the box and go shoot with it at the shooting range, and wait for the moment some one will appear in the sights.
Just keep it in mind that if someone see's you, there's a 50% chance they'll get your into deep trouble, your gun taken, and a bad name for the airsoft community. Be careful, mate. Cheers!
__________________
Looking for an Age Verifier who passes through Renfrew area to contact me! PM me please!

Pliskin is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2006, 02:58   #175
Cabose
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by |-|ellfire
Cabose, you make me think of the song "eve of destruction" when he say : "You'r old enough to kill, but not for votin'". The thing is, if you are in the reserve and you kill some one (maybe a friendly), you will not be responsible for it, the goverment will (but if you do kill a friendly, It's probably because you did an action not supported by the goverment).
When did I say anything about killing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |-|Pliskin
ust keep it in mind that if someone see's you, there's a 50% chance they'll get your into deep trouble, your gun taken, and a bad name for the airsoft community. Be careful, mate. Cheers!
Excuse me if I am wrong but would he not be able to fire a hunting rifle at a rifle range.

Sorry about all these annoying posts I just want to get information plus see what you guys have to say/think.
Cabose
Cabose is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2006, 07:39   #176
Neutrilizer
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oromocto, New-Brunswick
Send a message via MSN to Neutrilizer
Man cabose, just drop it. If you play with fire your going to get burned. You haven't been reading enough obviously.

I know from expierience if you want information, dont start a new thread... USE THE FAQ OR USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

PS - Cabose is spelled with 2 Os
Cabose = Caboose
Neutrilizer is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:30   #177
Ghost Snake
 
Ghost Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrilizer
I know from expierience if you want information, dont start a new thread... USE THE FAQ OR USE THE SEARCH BUTTON
Take note Greylocks haters ^^^ Proof his methods do work.
__________________
Ghost Snake is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2006, 10:53   #178
Neutrilizer
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oromocto, New-Brunswick
Send a message via MSN to Neutrilizer
Wasnt only Greylocks man...
Neutrilizer is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:43   #179
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch
 
Gato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond Hill (Ontario)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrilizer
Wasnt only Greylocks man...
Yeah i seem to remember you made a stupid thread and got told off by ALOT of people including me ..... but unlike the others you took what you were being told and LEARNE.

I think he should get an ASC FAQ Reader Award!!!

But there has to be some way to MAKE people read the FAQ !!

Personally i wanted to learn more so i read the FAQ bbut some people just don't think.


Oh and Cabose this is a special present for you:

PRESENT!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Like seriously dude. The incredible lack of common sense in the question could be scientifically investigated for evidence of a black hole.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2006, 15:41   #180
active1x0
 
active1x0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United States of America
So I have a question for all the haters on younger people:

Would it be acceptable for them to save up at 15 or 16, have their parents buy them a nice AEG, and then use it on private land with parent supervision? To me, this seems like the most logical solution. It's a compromise.

People come to this forum because they want to play Airsoft, which is great; the more responsible players the sport has, the better reputation it will get with the general public. If the underage people who complain want to get a gun, what's the problem with them getting one? As long as they have their parents buy it, and then only use it with a parent monitoring them, wouldn't that be a better way than just saying "No gun for you, ever!"? It's even better if they do it with their parents, as the adult will make sure they're handling the weapon properly and with respect. These will develop into habits, and when they turn 18, they have a couple years experience handling a gun the right way. Then they can go to a game on their own and not be a complete beginner, even though they're over 18.

This way, everybody wins, don't you think?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc
I think new users should buy a USB foot...so anytime they ask a stupid question, we can PM them a kick to the teeth.
active1x0 is offline  
Closed ThreadTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.