Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A suggestion: Retailer links

:

General

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 12th, 2006, 17:13   #16
Greylocks
 
Greylocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Gatineau, Quebec (Near Ottawa)
You know, I'm for some controls, but when a retailer already has a website, removing a link from here and hiding it is pretty darned pointless.

Not a workable idea, and other reasons were already pointed out.
Greylocks is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 17:30   #17
Lawdog
 
Lawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipaMave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINN
I get it now...kids that would rob a 7-11 wouln't use google or the Search option to find info if there wasn't the link..got it haha
They probably wouldn't.

Even if they did, restricting the unverified users makes it alot more difficult for them to find a Canadian retailer (As all reputable retailers are conveniently listed at the top of the page).
Let me throw my two cents in. I'm 40, not age verified and currently only play (when I can make the time) at TAC. So far, I've never run into an age verifier there and have never met one.

Now on top of that, I run a really stinkin' busy business and do a bunch of volunteer work. I honestly don't have the three or so hours I figure it takes to get age verified, and if I did I'd rather spend them at TAC or doing something else. So I make the choice to live without those sections of the classifieds.

But I do appreciate the fact that this site gives me a list of reputable retailers which also saves me time and money, by putting me onto worthwhile people to deal with. Actually if you think about it, if the retailers listed are reputable (and I have been pleased with the one I have dealt with) and underage kids try to use them, you are funnelling the minors to the dealers most likely to deny them access. This seems like a good thing to me.

LD
Lawdog is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 17:56   #18
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine
 
MMMiles!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Basically what Lawdog said. I have only added (for the most part) retailers that I feel are responsible enough to keep age in mind when selling to customers. I don't expect them all to do it, but I'd hope that they'd make an effort. If they really don't, they'll be removed.

We restricted the buy and sell because 1000's of people use it. It's hard to ask every one of them to be responsible about selling their gun - the age verification system helps (and hinders, I know). At least retailers only account for around a dozen store owners, who have a vested interest in maintaining a good public profile.
MMMiles! is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 18:03   #19
Droc
Guest
as much as I cant stand new people aking stupid questions or minors with guns, if they dont get info here, they will just go somewhere else for it...
 
Old May 12th, 2006, 18:06   #20
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
At least here we have a chance to mold and teach them, and if that fails flame them and send them else where with a bitter taste (which will probably show up on the other sites then, so they'll get flames and banned there), which will eventually cause them to go away and play paintball, or to grow up and act mature and ask the correct questions.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 18:33   #21
quikstrike
 
quikstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to quikstrike
Vipa shut up please. All you are saying to people is your point is irrelevant and sucks, man your points are 2 sided, you sway one way to defend offend someones opinion, then in the same post sway the other way.

The ASC threads are for people that took the damn time to get veryfied, and want to do PERSONAL sales. NOT THROUGH A RETAILER.

The retailers are on the web, open to public, it's not ASC's responsibility of thier sales, it is just a helpful link to places that sell many accesories, gear, etc, and yes airsoft guns.

It is thier own liability to make sure the person is of age. Here at ASC we have a section deticated to members of this airsoft community that took time out of thier lives to get veryfied so they can sell on this board. If you don't like it leave.

You are 17. So stop whining. Only reason your being the devil advocate is because you can't access them. Stop whining. Stop changing your p.o.v to support and glorify yourself. No I didn't read all your posts, because the first few just pissed me off, so maybe if it changed since the first couple posts then fine, whatever.

But still man, stop being a tool.

I don't think people below the age of 18 should even have the right to discuss this standard.

And also the retailers listed on the links don't have a undisputible history of selling to minors.

I haven't seen a big case at all from any of the above sellers. Not even a minor situation to reflect a shady business.

So I don't see what your point is.
I think your topic, and opinions are irrelevant.
How about that?

It's just like saying, oh wal mart sells videos on how to become a cross dresser.
OMG SHUT DOWN WAL MART BECAUSE THEY WILL GET THIER INFO FROM THERE.

Fine shut down wal mart. The person will just go down the road to another place and find it there. Like cmon man, what the hell is the point of this? haha.

Like your side changes in each post. Sorry, but it's damn annoying.

And with that, I'm gonna go.. omg.. my batteries have been plugged in way too long =\

And p.s when the AVS is used properly, and utilized for the betterment of Airsoft, it is amazing, such as www.ascarmoury.com.

Sure it sucks for people that aren't veryfied. But thats thier own problem. And if you say ohh well they will just use the other sites and somehow get it, then fine use the other sites, whatever, your own choice.

I think the real problem here is... The robots from zytech. Effn robots.
__________________
quikstrike is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 18:49   #22
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine
 
MMMiles!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Take it easy guys, it's just an opinion....
MMMiles! is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 18:55   #23
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch
 
Gato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond Hill (Ontario)
Hey i'm under 18 (16 turning 17 on june 12th ) and guess what ? i won't be buying the thing one of my legal guardians will ..... so whether or not it is kept to only 18 or not it will still get into my hands ( not trying to be rude) and while i will not mis-use it and am responsible (Guardians know this thats the only reason i'll be allowed to have it) other less responsible people jave parents/guardians who quite frankly couldn't give a shit what they do and will order it for them just so they go play with it leaving the parent/guardian free to go drinkin or hang with freinds instead of doing their job as a parent and a simple google search will turn up retailers so as i said before i don't mean to be rude but your idea just won't exactly work as well as you think.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Like seriously dude. The incredible lack of common sense in the question could be scientifically investigated for evidence of a black hole.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 22:23   #24
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave
 
Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Markham-ON
Send a message via AIM to Affliction Send a message via MSN to Affliction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato
Hey i'm under 18 (16 turning 17 on june 12th ) and guess what ? i won't be buying the thing one of my legal guardians will ..... so whether or not it is kept to only 18 or not it will still get into my hands ( not trying to be rude) and while i will not mis-use it and am responsible (Guardians know this thats the only reason i'll be allowed to have it) other less responsible people jave parents/guardians who quite frankly couldn't give a shit what they do and will order it for them just so they go play with it leaving the parent/guardian free to go drinkin or hang with freinds instead of doing their job as a parent and a simple google search will turn up retailers so as i said before i don't mean to be rude but your idea just won't exactly work as well as you think.
What a coincidence, I turn 18 on June 12 =P

-VM
Affliction is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 22:28   #25
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave
 
Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Markham-ON
Send a message via AIM to Affliction Send a message via MSN to Affliction
Quote:
Originally Posted by quikstrike
Vipa shut up please. All you are saying to people is your point is irrelevant and sucks, man your points are 2 sided, you sway one way to defend offend someones opinion, then in the same post sway the other way.

The ASC threads are for people that took the damn time to get veryfied, and want to do PERSONAL sales. NOT THROUGH A RETAILER.

The retailers are on the web, open to public, it's not ASC's responsibility of thier sales, it is just a helpful link to places that sell many accesories, gear, etc, and yes airsoft guns.

It is thier own liability to make sure the person is of age. Here at ASC we have a section deticated to members of this airsoft community that took time out of thier lives to get veryfied so they can sell on this board. If you don't like it leave.

You are 17. So stop whining. Only reason your being the devil advocate is because you can't access them. Stop whining. Stop changing your p.o.v to support and glorify yourself. No I didn't read all your posts, because the first few just pissed me off, so maybe if it changed since the first couple posts then fine, whatever.

But still man, stop being a tool.

I don't think people below the age of 18 should even have the right to discuss this standard.

And also the retailers listed on the links don't have a undisputible history of selling to minors.

I haven't seen a big case at all from any of the above sellers. Not even a minor situation to reflect a shady business.

So I don't see what your point is.
I think your topic, and opinions are irrelevant.
How about that?

It's just like saying, oh wal mart sells videos on how to become a cross dresser.
OMG SHUT DOWN WAL MART BECAUSE THEY WILL GET THIER INFO FROM THERE.

Fine shut down wal mart. The person will just go down the road to another place and find it there. Like cmon man, what the hell is the point of this? haha.

Like your side changes in each post. Sorry, but it's damn annoying.

And with that, I'm gonna go.. omg.. my batteries have been plugged in way too long =\

And p.s when the AVS is used properly, and utilized for the betterment of Airsoft, it is amazing, such as www.ascarmoury.com.

Sure it sucks for people that aren't veryfied. But thats thier own problem. And if you say ohh well they will just use the other sites and somehow get it, then fine use the other sites, whatever, your own choice.

I think the real problem here is... The robots from zytech. Effn robots.
1) My posts are not two sided, I counter-argue possible errors others may see.

2) While ASC is not responsible for keeping Airsoft guns from minors, they do try to prevent it.

3) I'm 18 next month, I have nothing to complain about. Mind you I already have over $1000 invested into airsoft gear

4) You use the word 'tool' so freely, you are obviously one of the narrow minded dolts which cause the word to lose meaning.

5) If you don't care what I say, then you don't need to read it or reply either. If you're trying to start a fight on the internet, go somewhere else.

Grow up quikstrike.
-VM

For future reference: If you're going to flame me, do it with a PM.

----
Please close this topic moderators. This thread has lost value and has no discussion to carry on.
Affliction is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 22:46   #26
Dracheous
Lego Head
 
Dracheous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Gatineau, that's right I'm in QUEBEC!
Wow, that was a great response VipaMave. I'm sorry but anyone that creates a defense in "If you don't like what I say, don't read it," terms is on the wrong webpage. See this is a Forum VM, you gotta hear both sides whether you agree or not.


I don't agree with age verifying the websites to great retailers. What that gives the people who DO do theire research is access to yet MORE intel. Such as when they start reading into what type of gun they want to get, they can start doing cost load outs and start planning their gear around the gun that they choose. I knew right away that I would be going with a colt M16 varient, so I stuck with those mags and that gear in mind when I started going through what I wanted and didn't want. Having access to some sights like Kelowna Airsoft or 007 or Rangers etc etc, I could see what was out there to get. What were the common silencers, optics, and other accessories.


Like many have said, who and what retailers sell too is not our business. We can't control them, short of boycoutting them. We do that by removing their listening from ASC when we learn of such actions. Like Atlantic Armory, too many deals have gone south that the admins removed them from our listing and now they do not get any mention from us. Think about this VM there are probably LOTS of retailers out there that are not on that list, possibily because of poor conduct, possibly cause we don't know them "All."

Its good that you turn 18 next month, I hope you managed to use that list of retailers to find yourself a gun. Just don't buy it before you get YOURSELF age verified. If you really believe that all minors, such as yourself, should not be getting a look see on where to find the gear and guns.
Dracheous is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 22:59   #27
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave
 
Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Markham-ON
Send a message via AIM to Affliction Send a message via MSN to Affliction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous
Wow, that was a great response VipaMave. I'm sorry but anyone that creates a defense in "If you don't like what I say, don't read it," terms is on the wrong webpage. See this is a Forum VM, you gotta hear both sides whether you agree or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikstrike
So I don't see what your point is.
I think your topic, and opinions are irrelevant.
How about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipaMave
5) If you don't care what I say, then you don't need to read it or reply either.
Never have I said "If you don't like what I say, don't read it"--That is sheer ignorance. Not liking and not caring are two entirely different things.

He's made it clear he has no interest in anything I post so he has no grounds to flame me for any of it. He has the choice to overlook my posts rather than read everything I post, then telling me how stupid I am.

-VM
Affliction is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 23:22   #28
Dracheous
Lego Head
 
Dracheous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Gatineau, that's right I'm in QUEBEC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipaMave
5) If you don't care what I say, then you don't need to read it or reply either. If you're trying to start a fight on the internet, go somewhere else.

.


So I'm a liar now?


Btw, how does he make it clear he has "No interest" when he clearly left a response? And yes he has the choice to overlook what you say, but then again, he HAS the choice TOO read everything you say. And thusly so he has the right to inturn respond to the topic at hand.


Clearly you yourself have lost interest in the topic at hand which is the idea of closing off the retailer section to those who are not 18+ I find it funny that you'd bring such an idea up so close to when you yourself would become of age and it wouldn't hinder your own progression into the sport.


Remember VipaMave, this is a forum, everyone has the right to respond. His response was "You're an idiot." Well that's that, he doesn't like your opinion. My opinion was that this is information, and cutting off the ability to get to it, is like telling people to read the FAQ and making it Age Verified!


I think you yourself need a little growing up to do bud. You need to start accepting that not everyone is going to like your idea, and in this case both engines are on fire and your landing gear said fuck you while a side wind makes the run-way useless.
Dracheous is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 23:24   #29
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave
 
Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Markham-ON
Send a message via AIM to Affliction Send a message via MSN to Affliction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipaMave
5) If you don't care what I say, then you don't need to read it or reply either. If you're trying to start a fight on the internet, go somewhere else.

.


So I'm a liar now?
You obviously haven't read my reply. Either that or you lack the wit to interpret it.

Edit- I'll break it down for you:

He stated that my topic/opinions are irrelevant (otherwise pointelss). This is not criticizing the topic, he is telling me that I am stupid (or otherwise directly, my opinion does not matter).

I replied that if he does not like my opinion, he could choose not to read it. Instead he does, and afterwards, he decides to flame me for it (Though he just stated he thinks my opinion does not matter anyways).

-VM
Affliction is offline  
Old May 12th, 2006, 23:33   #30
Dracheous
Lego Head
 
Dracheous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Gatineau, that's right I'm in QUEBEC!
VipaMave,


Don't play childish games of "well I used that F888ing word instead of this one."


He DID care what you wrote because there's his F888ing response right there for ALL to read. Now if he don't care what you have to say then why did he waste his time posting it. You are using the "If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it." Because I am not a nitwit, he did have the care to do it because he DID! And now you want to play grade school games with me online over whether or not don't care and don't like are the same god damn thing?


Btw, why don't you read ALL the post before you respond. Or maybe YOU don't care what I have to say? Maybe you just don't like it? Because it doesn't give you the answer you want?
Dracheous is offline  
Closed ThreadTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.