Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Coming out of retirement.

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 2nd, 2016, 12:59   #1
Freedom Fighter
 
Freedom Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Coming out of retirement.

I've been out of the hobby for quite a few years now--a baby and long work hours can have that effect. Now that my son (CaptPintSize) is a teenager (the years flew by) I will be getting back into the hobby, and will bring my son with me.

Just wanted to say hello--and wondering who is still around from the early days.

Cheers,
Alexander
__________________
Few individuals would view themselves as barbarous, no, instead they view themselves in a different light, a distorted reality that justifies who they are and what they have done.
Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 13:35   #2
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P
 
Hectic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Good to see the veteran players still have the itch! Especially passing it on to the next generation. I just had my 13 year old step son at a small game a few weeks back he had a blast. Hopefully we will see you on the field soon!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 13:54   #3
Freedom Fighter
 
Freedom Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Good to see the veteran players still have the itch! Especially passing it on to the next generation. I just had my 13 year old step son at a small game a few weeks back he had a blast. Hopefully we will see you on the field soon!
For certain mate. Already put out a couple offers on AEGs. One for me and the boy. Hope we can make it out to a game come August.
__________________
Few individuals would view themselves as barbarous, no, instead they view themselves in a different light, a distorted reality that justifies who they are and what they have done.
Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 13:58   #4
Ricochet
Can I ask you a serious question? How much sand can you fit in your vagina?
 
Ricochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Delta, BC (Greater Vancouver)
Welcome back. Gun prices and whatnot are way down, but the amount and variety of crack you can spend your money on is vast and addictive.
__________________
ďREALITY IS LIKE A STONE. TO MANY ITíS HARD AND COLD, THEY CANíT HUG IT OR EAT IT, IT ONLY FRUSTERATES THEM AND DOESNíT DO THEM MUCH GOOD. TO OTHERS ITíS STRONG AND DEPENDABLE, YOU CAN BUILD WITH IT, BUILD UPON IT, OR WORK WITH IT, ALSO USE IT TO SMASH PEOPLE IN THE FACE.Ē
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 14:01   #5
Freedom Fighter
 
Freedom Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Welcome back. Gun prices and whatnot are way down, but the amount and variety of crack you can spend your money on is vast and addictive.
I noticed that prices are much cheaper, and the variety of brands are far more numerous. Going to start out with very basic kits for this year seeing as how I will now need two of everything.
__________________
Few individuals would view themselves as barbarous, no, instead they view themselves in a different light, a distorted reality that justifies who they are and what they have done.
Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 15:14   #6
666
 
666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Welcome back Alex! It's been a while.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 16:27   #7
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P
 
Hectic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
I noticed that prices are much cheaper, and the variety of brands are far more numerous. Going to start out with very basic kits for this year seeing as how I will now need two of everything.
You likely know from your experience but really all you need is a gun you like the look of good boots and eyepro and a high cap. After that you can add slowly. Go see Jaron at army issue. 1 stop shopping, lots of surplus and a gun room now too!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 18:06   #8
Freedom Fighter
 
Freedom Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Welcome back Alex! It's been a while.
A decade almost? Good to hear from you Vlad. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other before long.
__________________
Few individuals would view themselves as barbarous, no, instead they view themselves in a different light, a distorted reality that justifies who they are and what they have done.
Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 18:08   #9
Freedom Fighter
 
Freedom Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
You likely know from your experience but really all you need is a gun you like the look of good boots and eyepro and a high cap. After that you can add slowly. Go see Jaron at army issue. 1 stop shopping, lots of surplus and a gun room now too!
Put out a couple offers on an M4 and AUG, already ordered a couple chest rigs and single point slings. Need eye protection, batteries and BBs. August looks promising.

I know Jeroon, should probably stop by and say hello again. It's been awhile.
__________________
Few individuals would view themselves as barbarous, no, instead they view themselves in a different light, a distorted reality that justifies who they are and what they have done.
Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 18:09   #10
Outcast569
 
Outcast569's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
Always happy to see old players bringing their kids in. Still a few more years to go for my little guy but cant wait.
__________________
Outcast569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 20:54   #11
Boche
I am memel, hear me roar!
 
Boche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mt. Pleasant, On.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
A decade almost? Good to hear from you Vlad. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other before long.
Everything old is new again, haha

Memel
__________________

76991693
The Shepherd always finds His sheep.
The Flat Earth has me Levelled.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 22:42   #12
Desmodus
Mexifaggot
 
Desmodus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Meadowvale, Mississauga, Ontario
....Freedom Fighter!

__________________
Guardians of Asgaard - KF25 -

Primaries: LCT AS VAL, Real Sword Type 56-2, VFC M4 CQB Mk2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2016, 11:03   #13
Freedom Fighter
 
Freedom Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast569 View Post
Always happy to see old players bringing their kids in. Still a few more years to go for my little guy but cant wait.
I am old. I am excited to see how my kid does on the field. If he enjoys it half as much as I used to he'll be hooked.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boche View Post
Everything old is new again, haha

Memel
Long time no hear mate!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmodus View Post
....Freedom Fighter!

__________________
Few individuals would view themselves as barbarous, no, instead they view themselves in a different light, a distorted reality that justifies who they are and what they have done.
Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2016, 21:31   #14
Aper
E-30
 
Aper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Aegiis's Neighbor.
Welcome back Alex ! From your old Freedom Fighter buddy in Montreal
__________________

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2016, 22:08   #15
Freedom Fighter
 
Freedom Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aper View Post
Welcome back Alex ! From your old Freedom Fighter buddy in Montreal
Hello sir! It's good to see a few of the old fellas around
__________________
Few individuals would view themselves as barbarous, no, instead they view themselves in a different light, a distorted reality that justifies who they are and what they have done.
Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.