Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

I'm new to airsoft and have some questions

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 31st, 2016, 02:59   #46
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy
 
Kozzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Some would say the Krytac is better and some would say the VFC is better. Between those two guns, it's very much down to who you ask. It's really for you to decide. The krytac comes with a mosfet installed, so the extra $60 ($494 vs $434) may be worth it to you if installing a mosfet isn't currently in your skill-set. Both are very good guns you can't go wrong with either.

G&P is over priced IMO, they make very nice looking guns, but have lots of embarrassing issues that a gun with that price tag shouldn't have. Keep your choice between the Saber and the SPR. If you can't decide give me your credit card info and I'll surprise you.

Last edited by Kozzie; March 31st, 2016 at 03:30..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 03:37   #47
Hawkeye360
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Some would say the Krytac is better and some would say the VFC is better. Between those two guns, it's very much down to who you ask. It's really for you to decide. The krytac comes with a mosfet installed, so the extra $60 ($494 vs $434) may be worth it to you if installing a mosfet isn't currently in your skill-set. Both are very good guns you can't go wrong with either.

G&P is over priced IMO, they make very nice looking guns, but have lots of embarrassing issues that a gun with that price tag shouldn't have. Keep your choice between the Saber and the SPR. If you can't decide give me your credit card info and I'll surprise you.
I think it's down to those two now. Would any mods I might buy be compatible with either gun? Such as grips, sights, magazines etc? I imagine they would be provided they are for the M4 platform correct?

Last edited by Hawkeye360; March 31st, 2016 at 03:41..
Hawkeye360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 11:18   #48
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy
 
Kozzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye360 View Post
I think it's down to those two now. Would any mods I might buy be compatible with either gun? Such as grips, sights, magazines etc? I imagine they would be provided they are for the M4 platform correct?
Yep. They're both TM spec guns; which basically means all common aftermarket parts will work on either of them.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 17:57   #49
Hawkeye360
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Yep. They're both TM spec guns; which basically means all common aftermarket parts will work on either of them.
Awesome, thank you.

Any recommendations for goggles and face protection?
Hawkeye360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 17:58   #50
BioRage
\_(ツ)_/ - Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.
 
BioRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Any steel face mesh;

Budget:

Dye I4

Balling:
Revision Desert Locus with Fan
+Thermal Lens
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 18:04   #51
Hawkeye360
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Any steel face mesh;

Budget:

Dye I4

Balling:
Revision Desert Locus with Fan
+Thermal Lens
Thank you.

Would these Revision goggles be a good pair?

I see various Revision goggles, one called Desert Locust, Bullet Ant etc. Looks like the Desert Locust ones are more protective however.

Last edited by Hawkeye360; March 31st, 2016 at 18:06..
Hawkeye360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 00:17   #52
Hawkeye360
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
If I could get the VFC Saber for just under $400, would it be worth it over a Krytac SPR at around $500? Or would the Krytac be worth the extra money?

Last edited by Hawkeye360; April 2nd, 2016 at 00:23..
Hawkeye360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 00:46   #53
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy
 
Kozzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Dude, you know what the difference is, just pick one. Or get a JG Thunder Maul, those are pretty sweet too.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 19:35   #54
Hawkeye360
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Ok I have come across another VFC, wondering what you guys think compared to the VFC Saber.

Link.
Hawkeye360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 19:42   #55
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina
 
Handsonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Vaughan
Jfc... Just pick
Handsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 20:19   #56
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS
 
Red Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stouffville, Ontario
Perfect example of analysis paralysis lol.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 22:58   #57
Hawkeye360
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Ok I think I have decided on the VFC VR16 Saber.

Now I just need to pick some magazines.
Hawkeye360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2016, 02:48   #58
Hawkeye360
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
I'm looking up mags, specifically the Lonex flash mags currently (as I saw people elsewhere saying they were good mags) and came across a review on a site saying biodegradable bbs will jam in Lonex M4 flash mags. Is that true or false?

Any recommendations for mags?

Last edited by Hawkeye360; April 3rd, 2016 at 02:51..
Hawkeye360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2016, 04:32   #59
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy
 
Kozzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye360 View Post

Any recommendations for mags?
Mid-Caps
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2016, 22:31   #60
Hawkeye360
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Mid-Caps
Are mid-caps superior to high-caps in performance?
Hawkeye360 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.