Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New to Airsoft, Lots of Questions for Historic Pistols!

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 12th, 2016, 17:02   #1
White_Tiger117
 
White_Tiger117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Burnaby,BC
New to Airsoft, Lots of Questions for Historic Pistols!

Well as crazy as it might sound I have been attracted to airsoft due to wanting to possibly join some reenactment groups. My main problem right now is finding a P38 (preferred) or Luger that works decently and I honestly have no Idea where to find one for a good price! So far I am looking at the We Luger, as for the P38 I can't seem to find any!

Any and all help would be great folks!

White_Tiger117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 17:19   #2
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
Well WW2 airsoft is a growing community, and is definitely a cool thing. and they can always use more axis players.

WE makes both a luger and p38, id recommend one of those.

We cannot post links to retailer/or gun sites here as this section is not age verified. If you are 18+ I suggest you contact an Age Verifier about getting age verified, after that there is an age verified section we can share links to the airsoft guns you are looking for. And you can learn about importing airsoft guns.

Check out the World War 2 sections, lots of nice guys there and always willing to help out a new guy!

heres a link to the information center:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

simply click your province and contact your near AV rep
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 17:21   #3
White_Tiger117
 
White_Tiger117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Burnaby,BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Well WW2 airsoft is a growing community, and is definitely a cool thing. and they can always use more axis players.

WE makes both a luger and p38, id recommend one of those.

We cannot post links to retailer/or gun sites here as this section is not age verified. If you are 18+ I suggest you contact an Age Verifier about getting age verified, after that there is an age verified section we can share links to the airsoft guns you are looking for. And you can learn about importing airsoft guns.

Check out the World War 2 sections, lots of nice guys there and always willing to help out a new guy!

heres a link to the information center:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

simply click your province and contact your near AV rep


Done and Done! Thanks! Ya I found a few but was told they leak or are junk guns @_@ (Also im 27 so this should be verified rather fast I hope lol!)

Once the Vare is done at least I can get some help finding a deal @_@ locally these guns are marked up through the roof and online I can't seem to figure out what is better or what P38\Luger is better. (Really people seem to hate the WE..........I was told to find a Maruzen? P38)
White_Tiger117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 17:25   #4
BioRage
\_(ツ)_/ - Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.
 
BioRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
WE does make some WWII stuff, but wouldn't count on their QC to last you in the long run.. they are good for collectors imo. (no spare parts for those guns, not like their G17, etc.)

IIRC Airsoft Depot has the luger and p38 in stock. 240-280?

There's a big wwii group here in Toronto, think theres a post in the "Ontario Teams" or Ontario section, check it out, maybe give one of them a PM, they might be able to help you / recommend you items.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 17:30   #5
White_Tiger117
 
White_Tiger117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Burnaby,BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
WE does make some WWII stuff, but wouldn't count on their QC to last you in the long run.. they are good for collectors imo. (no spare parts for those guns, not like their G17, etc.)

IIRC Airsoft Depot has the luger and p38 in stock. 240-280?

There's a big wwii group here in Toronto, think theres a post in the "Ontario Teams" or Ontario section, check it out, maybe give one of them a PM, they might be able to help you / recommend you items.
Oh neat thanks! ya, I was told the p38 isn't legal due to being 4mm? or something. I am thinking of just going for the WE Luger since I found it for 219 or so only problem is the place I found it doesn't have a propane conversion kit or free shipping unless I buy a few extra mags i guess......
White_Tiger117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 17:34   #6
BioRage
\_(ツ)_/ - Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.
 
BioRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Tiger117 View Post
Oh neat thanks! ya, I was told the p38 isn't legal due to being 4mm? or something. I am thinking of just going for the WE Luger since I found it for 219 or so only problem is the place I found it doesn't have a propane conversion kit or free shipping unless I buy a few extra mags i guess......
wut. who ever is feeding you info.. maybe best to not listen to them.

It's 6mm bb, from their site. $240.xx; really up to you what you want!

Quote:
Gas Blow Back Pistol with Semi-Automatic Shooting Mode
Classic World War II German Military Handgun
Metal Slide & Frame
Metal Outer Barrel
Polymer Pistol Grip
Metal Trigger, Hammer, Safety Selector & Slide Release
Metal Front & Rear Sight
Metal Housing13+1 Rounds loading capacity Gas Magazine (Blue Steel Finishing)
Package Include LED Light Pistol Case (305mm x 235mm x 65mm)
No orange tip!
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 17:36   #7
White_Tiger117
 
White_Tiger117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Burnaby,BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
wut. who ever is feeding you info.. maybe best to not listen to them.

It's 6mm bb, from their site. $240.xx; really up to you what you want!
Figured as much man. They all are tactical spray and pray lovers I guess :P

Hmmmm I gota figure out which works better p38 or luger......... I have already tracked down Holsters for both
White_Tiger117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 18:27   #8
White_Tiger117
 
White_Tiger117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Burnaby,BC
Woot I just got my gun! Problem is I can't find mags that don't have a shipping cost higher then what there worth!
White_Tiger117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 18:43   #9
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina
 
Handsonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Vaughan
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Tiger117 View Post
Woot I just got my gun! Problem is I can't find mags that don't have a shipping cost higher then what there worth!
buy bulk

i know how you feel, i had to buy g36 mags for $35 +$20 shipping PER MAG Q_Q
Handsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 19:05   #10
White_Tiger117
 
White_Tiger117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Burnaby,BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsonic View Post
buy bulk

i know how you feel, i had to buy g36 mags for $35 +$20 shipping PER MAG Q_Q
Thats just.......dear...god...... :banghead: Well I need BB's too so I guess I should buy those in bulk too?
White_Tiger117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 20:06   #11
Danke
 
Danke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Danger Zone
No, just buy a bag at a time locally.

If you find you've picked the wrong weight or brand you'll be stuck with cases of useless BBs if you go the bulk route.

There were still bags of Metal Techs at Dave's Tactical for cheap.
__________________
Airsoft, where nothing is hurt but feelings.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 21:01   #12
White_Tiger117
 
White_Tiger117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Burnaby,BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
No, just buy a bag at a time locally.

If you find you've picked the wrong weight or brand you'll be stuck with cases of useless BBs if you go the bulk route.

There were still bags of Metal Techs at Dave's Tactical for cheap.
Oh nice! I work weekends sadly though lol! Might just buy some cheapo crappy tire ones since I am simply going to be shooting cans for a bit.
White_Tiger117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 21:55   #13
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina
 
Handsonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Vaughan
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Tiger117 View Post
Oh nice! I work weekends sadly though lol! Might just buy some cheapo crappy tire ones since I am simply going to be shooting cans for a bit.
Don't buy cheap BB's, they can explode or crack inside your gun from the force of the air in the receiver.
As for buying bulk, it depends on whether or not you know what weight to use. My friend bought 60,000 BB's at once and got a discount from the owner of the shop.

Last edited by Handsonic; February 12th, 2016 at 21:59..
Handsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 22:07   #14
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
bbs are literally 10-20 bucks for a bag of quality .20s. don't cheap out on BBs.

Ammo is cheaper than a broken gun
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 22:59   #15
White_Tiger117
 
White_Tiger117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Burnaby,BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
bbs are literally 10-20 bucks for a bag of quality .20s. don't cheap out on BBs.

Ammo is cheaper than a broken gun
True, Shipping costs more then the BB's for some reason............
White_Tiger117 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.